• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should MCG add UHC as a gamemode?

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago was watching the Mindcrackers play UHC, and I started to think about how it could be a really fun MCG gamemode. Especially with the old survival/factions servers being taken away, this could be a decent replacement. For those who don't know what UHC is, I suggest you look it up on Youtube and watch some vids to get a feel for it. Obviously we can't require everyone to skype, so I thought it would be fun if we just made it solo with 24 players. Of course, teaming could be discusses as well, but for the purposes of this thread I am going to explore it as if it was solo. Please remember that all ideas and number are proposals, so don't hate this concept because of one part. All ideas are simply ideas and can be altered accordingly.

Anyway, as much as this gamemode has become very popular, if it was on MCG we must first address the problems that we would have to fix. This is the list I have come up with, if you guys can think of more just share your ideas, and we can discuss possible fixes.

Problem 1: Teaming
Of course if this was solo, it would be really unfair if players teamed, as in UHC this would be a huge advantage. Way more than an MCSG team. So here is my idea. There is only a quick join feature to join a game of UHC, that way players are sent to a random server, making it hard to coordinate with a teammate. This makes skype/teamspeak teaming difficult, and that should be reduced significantly. Secondly, when the game starts everyone is given a steve skin, and everyone is named "tribute" or something like that, so you can't arrange to team with someone before the game starts. Of course in UHC you don't spawn next to someone, so you would still have to find them which would be hard too. Finally, even if you did find them, chat could be disabled when you are in a certain radius of a player, so you can't communicate in chat. And of course, teaming would be make against the rules, so players found doing it could be kicked or even banned. A chat message would be displayed at the start and throughout the game warning players of the no teaming rule.

That is a pretty significant list of challenges that would have to be overcome in order to team, so teaming shouldn't be an issue.

Problem 2: Time
Mindcrack UHC's usually take several hours. Well on MCG, not many players could play for that long. So that is why the map size should be small, maybe an 1000 block border or something. Of course that is not a final number. Then, we could make the map border shrink over the course of 30-45 minutes or so till it reaches 100 blocks. After two players are left, or an hour has past, players would be teleported into a deathmatch arena. This deathmatch arena would start larger than an normal MCSG one, and players would spawn at random places inside of it. Like MCSG the border would shrink with lightning. Chat would be disabled so you can't team easily, and since you spawn far part it would be hard to cross swords at the start. And even if players did try to team, they would be breaking the rules.

Problem 3: Originality
A lot of people have pointed out that a lot of servers already have UHC. One of the biggest problems I have with UHC is the amount of time between each fights. It can get kind of boring. I think a player tracking compass would be a cool idea, as it would significantly increase the number of fights in a UHC game. Maybe even eternal day too so players don't dig down for night.

Well that's about it guys. I mentioned this idea to ChadTheDJ in his livestream, and he did not seem to think it was too outrageous of an idea. What do you guys think? I will add more problems and solutions if they arise.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It sounds exactly like other UHC servers, that would probably do it better since they are solely dedicated to UHC.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
They should add UHC Meetup PvP where basically you spawn with a kit that has a certain amount of golden apples, gold and apples. You can kill players for more gold to make more golden apples, therefore promoting players to kill one another rather than camping. This is also in about a 500 radius area so the battles are more intense but are not too cramped. :)

Reaction score
They should add UHC Meetup PvP where basically you spawn with a kit that has a certain amount of golden apples, gold and apples. You can kill players for more gold to make more golden apples, therefore promoting players to kill one another rather than camping. This is also in about a 500 radius area so the battles are more intense but are not too cramped. :)
aka ironwolfpvp.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't mean to advertise another server, but Eximius UHC has most of the things mentioned above, including better and improved versions of 'em.

I would LOVE MCSG to have a UHC game mode, or at least a 1v1 server with a separate UHC 1v1 option.

eh, gtg, ill edit this out and finish it l8ter. peace

SquishyAlyssa

Platinum
Reaction score
I think it would attract a lot of new players. The best way to do this would be have a choice to do solo, teams of 2, 3 and then 4 and have a meetup after 30 minutes!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci