• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should the media section be removed?

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
As most of you are probably aware, the media section has been broken for some time now. My question to you is, do you think it is worth spending time fixing it, or should the devs invest this time elsewhere on the network? In my opinion it is something that people use to post vids, because they feel that it will help advertise their vid. However, I am not so sure that many people actually use it when looking for vids to watch. I know that the view counts on the vids in the media section are quite high, but I believe they are inaccurate. Also, the media section does involve a lot of moderation, as all the vids have to be scanned and approved by moderators first for obvious reasons. Of course the staff team are more than happy to moderate if it is people find it useful, but I am not sure that people use it other than to post vids. I mean, if I needed to search for a chest route vid for example, I am going to Youtube.com, not going to spend time searching for it in the media section...

Not creating a forums poll, because those end up at the top and people vote without reading the thread first. Instead you can vote on this here.

Seth

Career
Reaction score
I do believe the Media Section should be removed.
But The Media Section has been a way for smaller youtubes to release content and share they're talents with a smaller community.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I do believe the Media Section should be removed.
But The Media Section has been a way for smaller youtubes to release content and share they're talents with a smaller community.
I agree, I just don't think that people actually go to it to find videos very often. So I don't see how small youtubers benefit from it. In my opinion, putting your vid in your signature, or linking it in a status update are way more effective forms of advertising.

Seth

Career
Reaction score
I agree, I just don't think that people actually go to it to find videos very often. So I don't see how small youtubers benefit from it. In my opinion, putting your vid in your signature, or linking it in a status update are way more effective forms of advertising.
I completely agree with you. It's why I voted yes.
I was just stating a potential argument as a bit of a rebuttal.
:)

Lis

Career
Reaction score
I personally used it when I was able to play on the network. As said, it is a great way for small YouTubers to get their names out there and I know some people who have actually benefited from it.

I feel maybe it should be fixed, revamped even. It's something many, many people used, myself included. Whom, I'm sure, would still be using it if it were available.

Quiet

Platinum
Reaction score
Lol, i didn't even know there was a "media thread" llol, and if it doesn't work, i honestly see no point keeping it. x)

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I don't see a purpose to it. I don't see much point to have it removed though. It's not in the way, but it doesn't benefit anything... It's kind of just something that's off to the side and low priority.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I don't see a purpose to it. I don't see much point to have it removed though. It's not in the way, but it doesn't benefit anything... It's kind of just something that's off to the side and low priority.
But it is broken so we should remove it if it is not worth spending time to fix... No point having broken stuff sticking around to take up space.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
I am 100% for removing it.

Rather than creating an entire page and investigating time maintaining it, or in this case, fixing it; it'd be much easier for the Administrator's to create a forum SECTION under Misc. (http://www.mcgamer.net/forums/#miscellaneous.14), and YouTube videos can be posted there; and us Moderator's can moderate that section just as we'd moderate any other section.

Obviously, an Admin would write up a very basic and straight forward guidelines sticky thread for that section; and our "media" section would be back on its' feet, but re-introduced.

This is something I plan on bringing up in the next Moderator Meeting. c;

OldManDippy

Career
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has ever used the 'Media' section to find new content creators. So yeah, it should be removed. Though, if MCGamer wants to help those less-popular content creators they should have some sort of monthly thing in which they 'display' the less-popular content creators that are actually pretty good but have yet gotten themselves out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci