• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should their be an age limit on mod app?

fatmannumbah8

District 13
Reaction score
I agree, I think though with age comes great responsibility. The liklihood of being abusivess is hopefully significantly reduced as people will, become self aware and take responsibility for their actions by logically adapting and acting upon different scenarios.
We all hope for that but somepeople will never change. It is sad.

JamJoenut

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately. There must be ways or techniques in order to prevent the wrong people from getting these great responsibilities.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I didn't think of that. But there is a age limit on alcohol for a reason.
The same applies for alcohol. It is still bad for your health, there are plenty of downsides to alcohol. When you are 13 alcohol will affect you more than if you were 18, because you have a larger body mass at 18.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
I like the age exception, as it makes the jobs of the Sr. Mods easier. It's a given that most young children will not have the mental and organizational capabilities to manage the responsibility of the position. That said, if a 10 year old wants to apply for mod and sees the age exception, he'll probably just turn back there. Without the age exception, and the apps being judged solely on quality, the 10 year old will apply with a mediocre app, then a Sr. Mod will have to deny it for lack of information. It might not sound like a lot of work, but imagine the already high influx of mod apps, which is about 30 per week. Opening the flood gates to the rest of the younger portion of the community will cause a massive wall of apps that lack quality purely because of the applicants' age. Granted, there's always going to be that 1 applicant in 100 young community members with the capability to be mod, but that's what the age exception process is for. I think the system is good the way it is, and it saves time for everyone.

itsjulesdude

Platinum
Reaction score
I'd say the limit on mod apps should stay, just for the sole fact of maturity. Although people who are younger may be mature, but the larger sum seem to lack maturity which opens the window for possible age exceptions.

PiggzCanFly

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the age exception, as it makes the jobs of the Sr. Mods easier. It's a given that most young children will not have the mental and organizational capabilities to manage the responsibility of the position. That said, if a 10 year old wants to apply for mod and sees the age exception, he'll probably just turn back there. Without the age exception, and the apps being judged solely on quality, the 10 year old will apply with a mediocre app, then a Sr. Mod will have to deny it for lack of information. It might not sound like a lot of work, but imagine the already high influx of mod apps, which is about 30 per week. Opening the flood gates to the rest of the younger portion of the community will cause a massive wall of apps that lack quality purely because of the applicants' age. Granted, there's always going to be that 1 applicant in 100 young community members with the capability to be mod, but that's what the age exception process is for. I think the system is good the way it is, and it saves time for everyone.
This is a perfect explaination, thank you very much for posting this.

Kellett15

Tribute
Reaction score
Im thinking 15/16+ As They Seem To Be the most mature age to apply.

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
Actually, he got mod when the limit was lowered to 14. However, his trial promotion shows that younger people can still succeed within the staff.
Ohh that explains it :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci