• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should ToggleSneak be allowed?

Should ToggleSneak/ToggleSprint be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • My dad left me

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
According to the MCSG rules, you cannot use:
ChadTheDJ said:
Toggle Sneaking Mod - Allows you to sneak while typing or in a chest.
Although this may be an unfair advantage, there is a mod, "ToggleSneak", which allows you to toggle sneaking that does not keep you crouching in abnormal scenarios.

The mod also includes a BSM-like feature (Toggle Sprint), which does exactly as the name suggests.
The reason for this being banned still confuses me. Substitutes such as making your sprint key Q, setting the sprint key to CAPS on Mac and many others are equivalent (and allowed) ways to achieve the same effect as ToggleSneak.

Besides, the mod has become increasingly popular. It's allowed on most major servers, including Badlion. It's inconvenient for players to have to change mods every time they wish to change servers.

Lastly I'd like to point out how easy it is to use the mod on the servers anyway, even while recording, and never being caught. You can simply turn off the sprinting/sneaking status on the HUD, and it looks as if you are playing with a vanilla client.
It's pointless to keep banning mods that barely make a difference.

Tenebrous12321

Last edited:

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
I think it should be encouraged on the servers because I know it would certainly give me an advantage while playing ;3

CoasterGaming

Tribute
Reaction score
I would have to agree with you. These are some of the little reasons why this server is dying.
If they loosened up, got a better anti-cheat, this server would go back to its golden age.
I would agree they need a new anti cheat maybe as good as badlions anticheat or Kohi's antiskid

AGiantPanda

Quantum
Reaction score
75% of the server already uses it. But I'm still in favour of it being bannable :/

fexr

District 13
Reaction score
its just like optifine. For some people it helps there gameplay. We can't force everyone to use it but it doesn't put anyone at a disadvantage.

J

District 13
Reaction score
I'd say so. It's definitely something that's become more popular and MCGamer needs to keep up with these types of mods. It's somewhat similar to gamma in a case, the amount of lightmaps in resource packs that make it somewhat like gamma is similar to the 1.7/1.8 Sprint now. While there are minor differences, if you think about it, half of the time it's impossible to detect just like gamma and really the only way for someone to be punished using this would be uploading evidence of themselves.

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
I'd say so. It's definitely something that's become more popular and MCGamer needs to keep up with these types of mods. It's somewhat similar to gamma in a case, the amount of lightmaps in resource packs that make it somewhat like gamma is similar to the 1.7/1.8 Sprint now. While there are minor differences, if you think about it, half of the time it's impossible to detect just like gamma and really the only way for someone to be punished using this would be uploading evidence of themselves.
Just about to type something similar to that.

Reactions: J
Reaction score
If they loosened up, got a better anti-cheat, this server would go back to its golden age.
I agree, if mcsg starts getting their priorities right then it might go back to being a great server but they very rarely listen to the community when it comes to this stuff :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci