• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Skylands Survival Games map

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtklaus

Tribute
Reaction score
Sorry about not getting any updates in guys, all of us were very busy last week. Plus, this week I have my finals, so I doubt I'll get much time. Don't know what's going to happen yet, but hope for the best!

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Um I didn't go through the entire thread to see if anyone's said this but if they haven't... the lava at spawn would stop lethal mops from spawning there thus removing one aspect from holding the spawn. The player no longer has to worry about lethal mops attacking them if they try to get the items at the spawn at night. Great map, but you'll have to do something about that.

jtklaus

Tribute
Reaction score
Um I didn't go through the entire thread to see if anyone's said this but if they haven't... the lava at spawn would stop lethal mops from spawning there thus removing one aspect from holding the spawn. The player no longer has to worry about lethal mops attacking them if they try to get the items at the spawn at night. Great map, but you'll have to do something about that.
Yeah, best idea to look at the entire thread before posting things like this. We changed that a while ago, now it's just the original deisgn. Please always read before you post. :)

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, best idea to look at the entire thread before posting things like this. We changed that a while ago, now it's just the original deisgn. Please always read before you post. :)
Sorry about that :). The picture in your signature shows lava under the glass at the corn, so I just kinda figured it was too bright for mobs to spawn

jtklaus

Tribute
Reaction score
Sorry about that :). The picture in your signature shows lava under the glass at the corn, so I just kinda figured it was too bright for mobs to spawn
Yeah, the guy who made them hasn't made anymore, but Ddog or orocket can probably make new ones cuz i'm not the best with that stuff

xPzL

Survivor
Reaction score
Looks Quality, Hope to play it sometime, and before you come to any conclusions, im only curious! can I ask did the Skyland Generator plugin spawn all the islands and you added some other cool stuffz, Im not saying its an easy job but im just curious + It was an awesome idea in the 1st place xD Anyway keep up the good work ;)

jtklaus

Tribute
Reaction score
Looks Quality, Hope to play it sometime, and before you come to any conclusions, im only curious! can I ask did the Skyland Generator plugin spawn all the islands and you added some other cool stuffz, Im not saying its an easy job but im just curious + It was an awesome idea in the 1st place xD Anyway keep up the good work ;)
Yeah, it was completely random on what the world would be like. We chose an island (a pretty big one), and built off of that. We then built arround it, adding various things like smaller islands to fill in the gaps, bridges, and other structures. We pretty much are lucky for finding a giant island as they are usually small in skylands. The good thing is, we still have tons of space to work with, so even after (don't know if it is or not) accepted, we can continue to add as much as we want. So yeah, go luck.:)

Amy the destroyer

Spectator
Reaction score
It looks amazing and good work! I would recomend taking out the puzzles though. If you don't want to do that, try to make it hidden. From what I saw it was in a cliff base but still out in the open, if you put leaves or something in front of the puzzle, it would make it slightly harder to find.

jtklaus

Tribute
Reaction score
It looks amazing and good work! I would recomend taking out the puzzles though. If you don't want to do that, try to make it hidden. From what I saw it was in a cliff base but still out in the open, if you put leaves or something in front of the puzzle, it would make it slightly harder to find.
First of all, what fun would it be without puzzles? Plus, we only have a few. The rest are just traps or things to confuse people (won't tell what's what though :)). Also, some of the pictures on the front page are outdated ( :p ) so alot has been changed.Hopefully we can get some updates out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci