• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

So, I messed up. [Please Read]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Really? My paycheck says otherwise.

Joking aside, the fact that you don't consider it a real job alone would make you unfit for a staff role. You don't necessarily have to make money for something to be a job.
My definition says otherwise. All joking aside, I'm never going to EVER consider a video game a real job. Ever. Staff or not.

job1
jäb/
noun
  1. 1.
    a paid position of regular employment.
    "jobs are created in the private sector, not in Washington"
    synonyms: occupation, profession, trade, position, career, work, line of work, livelihood, post, situation, appointment, métier, craft; More

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
We all do things we're not too proud of, the best thing to do is to take a mature approach and the correct steps to righting the wrong, and everything'll be fine :)

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Really? My paycheck says otherwise.

Joking aside, the fact that you don't consider it a real job alone would make you unfit for a staff role. You don't necessarily have to make money for something to be a job.
Mind me asking, but I haven't seen a Sr. Staff member address getting paid. I figured they did but I never had confirmation. Do you get paid regardless if you worked your ass off or not? Or do you get out what you put in?

Well from what I remember is Moderators don't get paid. He never addressed developers.

Ichengo

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey, I don't mean to be rood, I read the post, I see where your coming from.
but; an off topic question.
Where might I post a mod application? I think I posted mine in the wrong place last time I did.

On Topic Comment: yeah, I have lost some good friends like that before. I can kinda understand you.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey, I don't mean to be rood, I read the post, I see where your coming from.
but; an off topic question.
Where might I post a mod application? I think I posted mine in the wrong place last time I did.

On Topic Comment: yeah, I have lost some good friends like that before. I can kinda understand you.
You should spend time exploring the forums.
Nonetheless, http://www.mcgamer.net/forums/apply/

good luck.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Mind me asking, but I haven't seen a Sr. Staff member address getting paid. I figured they did but I never had confirmation. Do you get paid regardless if you worked your ass off or not? Or do you get out what you put in?

Well from what I remember is Moderators don't get paid. He never addressed developers.
I figured it was public knowledge that developers get paid (spoiler alert - developers at every large Minecraft network are paid), but let me address your question, because it is a good question that I feel we should be fully transparent about. We only get paid for the amount of work we put in, so it's not to our benefit (or the community's benefit, for that matter) to put in little to no work.

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
I too, regret resigning. Although even though I have the choice to come back right now, I know it wouldn't be good for me. So I won't. :/

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I figured it was public knowledge that developers get paid (spoiler alert - developers at every large Minecraft network are paid), but let me address your question, because it is a good question that I feel we should be fully transparent about. We only get paid for the amount of work we put in, so it's not to our benefit (or the community's benefit, for that matter) to put in little to no work.
Great, thanks for the speedy reply!

I was talking to a Sr. Mod earlier but now that you're here, can I suggest a Dev Q&A so members can address you guys directly and give us the scoop of what you're working on.

MrCrispy

Tribute
Reaction score
You sound like a nice guy I hope you can get mod again and I would be glad to see you back on the staff :)

MovieBJames

Survivor
Reaction score
"3 day grace period" STOP THE PAGE, HE MENTIONED 3DG ADVERTISMENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci