• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

So, internet fixes anyone?

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Also, I can't use Ethernet/Cables. My parents thought it'd be a genius idea to have the computer and the router at opposite ends of the house.
Still, when you have a bit of spare time, you should take your computer there and plug in straight in via Ethernet. Then you can rule in or rule out your router :p And to be honest, if you are at the other end of the house to it, that could likely be it. Most average modems don't have brilliant ranges, especially through walls, etc.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Le0, my Internet has been running fine for a while. Just recently this stuff started happening :<

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It might be your router, I had a 6 year old one and when replaced- I had a lot better internet

ItsTheSM1

Experienced
Reaction score
My brother is using a Ethernet cable, and he's pretty much in the opposite end of the house. He's downstairs and I'm upstairs with the router. We're both using Ethernet cables and we have 24 MB/s download and about 50 MB/s upload speed.

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
You are using Lan right?, if yes, try to buy an internet cable. i aslo used W-lan for a time, i got the same problem as you, then i bought a cable and everything works fine =), maybe this can help you too!

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
What I've tried...

Deleting all my internet history to clear up space:
Completely unplugging my router, waiting an hour and plugging it back in.
Restarting my computer many times.
Scans for viruses (None found)

Anything at all, would be god lovely. I've said it before. I'll have to quit MCSG, and any gaming online if I can't find a fix. >.>
Defragmenter your hard drive
Click start, run then type msconfig and then click run....
Deselect all under the startup tab and restart your cpu

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
The internet my parents pay for isn't bad at all. I get 500GB of downloads. And my average results on speedtest equal to around 8 download and 1.2 upload. When I ping MCSG it says 40 MS (in CMD)

These tests should equal to good internet right? lolno.

Minecraft servers don't even load, and it polls forever then times out. It takes about 20 seconds to log in VIA: DC and, yeah.

Parents WILL NOT buy new internet as they have no idea what the hell they're talking about. We're paying for a good deal and it should be running fast, I'm asking for a fix which will speed my internet up to what it's meant to be.
sue the company?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci