• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Solo Games and Team Queue Games?

m16produtionz

Diamond
Reaction score
Alright, here we go.

The MCSG Community has always been competitive. Players hungry for kills and wins to get the perfect stats, and sometimes, just to get that 1 extra win, they team with another player, whether it be random or through Skype etc. but recently, the number of teams have multiplied, with at least 2 teams of 2 each game. This is becoming a huge issue with MCSG Players who mostly play solo as it demotivates and also decreases the chance of a win.

Don't get me wrong, I personally feel that there is no problem with teaming, but like everything, it has to be done to moderation. Not only are there 2 teams of 2, there are now 3 teams and 4 teams, consisting of decent players. This is a real problem as it is practically impossible to fight a team more than 3 who all have above 500 wins, as a result, players get mad and counter-team. This causes just an endless chain of teaming each and every game, making it unfair for those to play solo or choose to play solo.

This issue sparks the idea of a solo and team queue game. Many other popular servers already have this feature in-placed and players seem to be happy, but I have an objection with this. Having a fully solo and a fully team-based server completely ruins the whole aspect of what MCSG is all about. Not only that, but MCSG would have to create new plugins, which would take time, effort and bugs players would be annoyed with. The mix of teaming and playing solo makes up what MCSG is all about, taking that away by separating the teamers and the players who play solo would that that meaning away.

The action that should be taken by the MCSG Staff would be to strictly moderate how much a person is allowed to team and also, limiting the number of players in a team. I don't have a suggestion of how this could be done yet, but I'm sure the staff can figure it out. As for clan battles, it has also been an issue with players who accidentally join a game and get teamed on with 10 other players. I would suggest enabling the use of private games using a command each clan leader would use so that only players part of the clans can join.

As always, I really do appreciate any feedback on this topic.

Thanks for reading,
m16produtionz

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Look, if there was some way we could limit and moderate the amount of teams and the number of people in each team, don't you think it would have been done already? Besides, it would be pretty much impossible to do anything like this. There isn't any way the game can detect if you're in a team or not, and it probably never will. Some servers have people report tributes if they see they're in a team, but that's just absurd. There is absolutely nothing wrong with teams, and people shouldn't be prohibited to do so, or punished.

However, I would really enjoy the idea of having a solo and team queue experience. People who want to play on their own can battle with other players who are going solo, and teams can fight with other teams. It would, overall, make the experience much more enjoyable. My only concern would be if each of the queues would be weighed equally, like if winning a game in solo is worth the same amount as with a team.

Overall, while teams may annoy some people, they have to realize that people who team are doing nothing wrong, and people have to find ways to deal with them. However, the idea of solo and team queues may satisfy many people. For example: Clans can join the team queue and now have to worry about other tributes not part of either clan.

K

KiDD

This was being discussed earlier by some staff members about possible effective moderation on teams (in specific cases). Not really sure where it stands at the moment.

I think moderation is needed with teaming in specific cases. But to be honest, it'd be quite difficult to moderate teaming on the network. And Solo Queue and team queue doesn't really sound too good to me. I like fighting teams, just not 3 teams of 3 every game.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
It's not a bad idea and I'm not trying to sound rude, but this more than likely won't happen in the near future. MCSG was made to be a Minecraft version of "The Hunger Games" and teaming was a huge part of that series. Sorry. :c

J

District 13
Reaction score
First of all, thanks for making a great thread about this that doesn't insult anyone :D
I'm not sure if I would like Solo Games and Team Games though because as previous people have mentioned, teaming is part of the game. I do feel that there are many teams now, and the staff can not really give out punishment to those who are teaming as it can be very unclear sometimes.

However, if solo games and team games do become implemented, might I suggest just making a certain length of time in the day where you can not team, kinda like a sign where you can't park for this length of day. Personally, I believe this might be the only way if this becomes implemented.

BigFella

Platinum
Reaction score
I haven't really given my input on this situation before, so why not post it here.

First off, I understand your concern although sometimes you need to look at it at a different point of view.
If we changed MCGamer so that Survival Games was played on either a Solo or Team server:

- Would the Team server ever be played? Most teams are often 'randy' teams. Players will team to try to win the game. This means these randy teams are unlikely to join the SG 'Team' Server.

- The purpose of Clans Battles would be defeated. (Clan Battles are meant to be a battle between two clans (not two clans and 6 three teams))

- Moderation of teams in Solo Games would need to be enforced. (This means we would need to devote more time to catching these rule breakers when we could devote that time to hackers and chat abusers).

My idea:
Perhaps a rule needs to be enforced that random teaming in Deathmatch is punishable.

Note: A teaming limit cannot be added due to Clans.

Overall, IMO there is nothing that can be truly enforced to stop teaming. It is something we need to live with.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
I haven't really given my input on this situation before, so why not post it here.

First off, I understand your concern although sometimes you need to look at it at a different point of view.
If we changed MCGamer so that Survival Games was played on either a Solo or Team server:

- Would the Team server ever be played? Most teams are often 'randy' teams. Players will team to try to win the game. This means these randy teams are unlikely to join the SG 'Team' Server.

- The purpose of Clans Battles would be defeated. (Clan Battles are meant to be a battle between two clans (not two clans and 6 three teams))

- Moderation of teams in Solo Games would need to be enforced. (This means we would need to devote more time to catching these rule breakers when we could devote that time to hackers and chat abusers).

My idea:
Perhaps a rule needs to be enforced that random teaming in Deathmatch is punishable.

Overall, IMO there is nothing that can be truly enforced to stop teaming. It is something we need to live with.
ez solution

Clan servers

Team servers (No more than like 3 or 4)

Solo servers!

kek

BigFella

Platinum
Reaction score
'snip'

However, if solo games and team games do become implemented, might I suggest just making a certain length of time in the day where you can not team, kinda like a sign where you can't park for this length of day. Personally, I believe this might be the only way if this becomes implemented.
How would other players know of this rule. I for one have been playing MCGamer for a year and a half now. I didn't bother looking at the rules until I joined the forums. People use their common sense (don't use hacks/don't abuse people) This rule wouldn't fall under that and
ez solution

Clan servers

Team servers (No more than like 3 or 4)

Solo servers!

kek
That means in clan servers it would be Clan vs Clan. This would completely remove all other aspects of Survival Games

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
How would other players know of this rule. I for one have been playing MCGamer for a year and a half now. I didn't bother looking at the rules until I joined the forums. People use their common sense (don't use hacks/don't abuse people) This rule wouldn't fall under that and

That means in clan servers it would be Clan vs Clan. This would completely remove all other aspects of Survival Games
Do you not get it yet? This server is not about 'survival' at all, it's become who can get the best route and in DM who is the better pvp'er.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well clan servers have actually been discussed, we just don't know how to set them up. It would be nice to have a separate server board for clans to have battles on, maybe even include a way that these games don't count toward their records because it's just tons of extra losses.

m16produtionz

Diamond
Reaction score
This was being discussed earlier by some staff members about possible effective moderation on teams (in specific cases). Not really sure where it stands at the moment.

I think moderation is needed with teaming in specific cases. But to be honest, it'd be quite difficult to moderate teaming on the network. And Solo Queue and team queue doesn't really sound too good to me. I like fighting teams, just not 3 teams of 3 every game.
First of all, thanks for making a great thread about this that doesn't insult anyone :D
I'm not sure if I would like Solo Games and Team Games though because as previous people have mentioned, teaming is part of the game. I do feel that there are many teams now, and the staff can not really give out punishment to those who are teaming as it can be very unclear sometimes.

My idea:

I agree with you guys. But you see, I know that teams are just something we have to deal with but seriously, dealing with a team more than 3 who are all experienced players and are not in a clan battle each and every game is just too much. As a result, players leave the community and get upset. I feel that, just like the hacker situation, moderators can do something about the excessive teaming on the servers. Most teams nowadays are also no longer randy teams but experienced players who have no reason for teaming with 5 other players. I understand that the occasional 5 team for any player is fine but 5 teaming every game, it's just unfair and should be dealt with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci