• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Something I Need to Get off my Chest

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
When I was depressed, around a year ago, I learned a lot from the experience.

Life goes on.

--

If you be strong, use your resources, family and friends to cope with it, you'll be just fine in the long run. Just hold on, because it does get better. Trust me, suicide is a very permanent answer to a temporary problem. You have so much to live for, don't throw it away. You got to keep your head up, and keeping moving on. I know it may seem hard, and believe me, it is, but you can do it.

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
I have a same sort of situation, except a whole lot better.

Just remember brother, there is always someone to turn to in your time of need.
I like to think that even though i dont have many friends irl, the sheer number of friends I have on the internet make me forget about that. Don't try to commit suicide. That jsut makes everything worse. I was so depressed at one point that I tried to plug the hole in my car so I would die. It took lots of courage to pull me out of it. But, i did it, and I frown upon it today.
Video games are my life, as are lots of other people. If I killed myself, where would my family and friends be after that?
The short answer is empty. And, in a way, that's good.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I doubt this is what you want to hear, but spend less time playing video games. Go outside and meet new people. Heck, reunite with your old friends. That's the main reason I love school, although that's rare for me to admit. Friends make everything better. Sure you might have friends over the internet, but it's not the same. If I didn't have my friends I have today, visibly know where I would be. Just try to be a nice, carefree person, and you'll make loads of supporting friends.

Cimmy

Diamond
Reaction score
I can't say that I do have depression and I don't, but my friends and I have recently started drifting apart in classes, and they have been finding new friends whereas I am in a class with NONE of my friends and I found my old friends hanging out with other people and kind of pretending I never existed. I can't say that I can feel what you feel but I find there is something to live for each day. If you can find something that takes your mind off "Amber" and you enjoy that, spend more time doing that.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
I went through a much similar experience man. And trust me, life can only get better. I'm sorry I'm not super amazing at giving advice but when this exact same thing happened to me I just ended up sticking through it and it was tough. Believe me I know how you feel. But soon enough at the beginning of my last semester I found someone that really was different and cared and things are great now between us. I have gone through what you went through three times during my four years at high school. THREE. Now finally I opened my eyes and found the person who in the end, was there the entire time and I didn't really acknowledge that much as someone I could like in that way. As you get older, life gets better. Whenever I would feel like this I would always look for things to motivate me to feel better. I especially found one that really hit me and made me feel better about everything. It made me feel good that I got to experience what I went through. It meant I was living, my life wasn't boring and very mundane. I am going to leave you with this, I always look at it and it makes me feel better. I hope it helps you

(maybe a south park look at it? If you end up looking at it in a different perspective)

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
This kind of happened to me.

So, there was this girl, and we were always in the same classes and always talked and texted. One day, she said how she felt about me, and I felt the same way. So, we dated for a while, but broke up because her parents didn't want her to date. After about a month of not talking as much, I asked her if she still liked me, and she said she just wanted to stay friends. A few days later, she started dating this other guy. I was really upset, and didn't really talk to anyone for a while. I had some depressing thoughts, but nothing really about suicide. After a while, I learned something very important.

Being a kid is the best thing in life. You can make decisions without having to worry about what will affect you. I learned that whether or not you dated a girl won't matter in 20 years. If you really want this girl, just give it some time. Recently, the girl and I have started to talk again. I currently have my own girlfriend, but it's nice to have a friend.

If you want to forget about this girl, separate yourself from her. Don't do things she loved doing, don't read through your old texts. This girl and I have no classes together this year, and I completely forgot about her, until we started to talk at a party. If you remember how much you loved her, you'll just want her even more.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
STAY STRONG BROTHA
the friend zone is merely a transition
next is the BOYFRIEND ZONE
don't be persistant though
that only makes her want to keep her distance
you just gotta..
work your way back to being her friend, being there for her
and then she'll realize that YOU WERE ALWAYS THERE
AND THEN SHE'LL LOVE YOU
AND THEN :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
happiness
k i'm done procrastinating with work, gl :D

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
STAY STRONG BROTHA
the friend zone is merely a transition
next is the BOYFRIEND ZONE
don't be persistant though
that only makes her want to keep her distance
you just gotta..
work your way back to being her friend, being there for her
and then she'll realize that YOU WERE ALWAYS THERE
AND THEN SHE'LL LOVE YOU
AND THEN :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
happiness
k i'm done procrastinating with work, gl :D
>.>

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
From personal experience, life gets better. It's like getting DDos'd in game when you were about to win, but you can't quit from playing the next game, hoping for a better chance. You lose one round, there's many more. Amber might seem perfect to you, but she wasn't if she didn't care about you.

Go for someone who you like, and likes you back, and care for eachother

Life gets better, you're just lagging out right now. hit f3 a
Reload chunks
Start a new game
Try something new.

Since you said Mincraft was a savior, I thought putting it in terms of perspectives would emphasize my point more thuroughly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci