• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Something which really grinds my gears

Derpy_

Experienced
Reaction score
Look, I've been here for about 3 years and my one suggestion to fix something which has been around for a while is the most simple thing.
Please, MCGamer.. Fix the server number issue. I find it not user friendly to have random numbers and it is asif there's a sense of a loss of community. If I'm going to return to MCGamer then this simple problem should get fixed.

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
If you're referring to the 'dynamic server system', unfortunately that feature is here to stay. I personally preferred the 1 - 'x' numbered servers which were user friendly. However, the dynamic server system apparently enhanced efficiency and practicability, making them a necessity.

Derpy_

Experienced
Reaction score
If you're referring to the 'dynamic server system', unfortunately that feature is here to stay. I personally preferred the 1 - 'x' numbered servers which were user friendly. However, the dynamic server system apparently enhanced efficiency and practicability, making them a necessity.
The Dynamic server system has no real place - Servers are not full, not on EU at least, there's always a page of servers with 0 people in them; also, Dynamic servers can still be something yet they can EASILY make a reasonable number.

Tafallita

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah, this is bad, when you play with a friend you need to say: server sg... 18728947297529752 xD

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Honestly, I agree. I have been told and understand that we may not be able to go back to having the regular numbered servers that actually make sense, but it wouldn't help to know why. I'm not a dev, and have no experience in the area, but I don't quite understand why the server numbering issue can't be fixed, or at least partially fixed.

Derpy_

Experienced
Reaction score
Honestly, I agree. I have been told and understand that we may not be able to go back to having the regular numbered servers that actually make sense, but it wouldn't help to know why. I'm not a dev, and have no experience in the area, but I don't quite understand why the server numbering issue can't be fixed, or at least partially fixed.
I also believe there's a loss of community - with memorable numbers you'll often meet people who you enjoy playing with, whereas in random games it's just not the same.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why not just have dynamic servers for all the other gamemodes, then reserve 100 or so for SG? It doesn't sound that hard to do. Honestly, I don't think dynamic servers are a necessity, considering that the AntVenom gamemodes are ignored. It's not like they'll ever need more servers, they're so empty.

Derpy_

Experienced
Reaction score
So true - Just dedicate a certain amount of servers and set it up like the old times and it'd be so much better

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I also agree. As far as I'm aware, the devs have been able to put together some things no one thought they could. I'm sure, if they worked hard enough on it, they could put dynamic servers together with numbered, ordered servers. For example, there could be 200 servers for SG, which show up in order from 1-200 as the server online population goes up. Other gamemodes could have a certain amount of servers as well. Let's say mini-games get 25, SG gets the 200, and other servers get 50. It'd look like this:

SG - 200 servers, opening up as people get online
BG - 25 servers, opening up as people get online
Other minigames - 25 server, opening up as people get online
QQ & SGC - 50 servers, opening up as people get online
Each gamemode's signs would be numbers 1-200, 1-50, or 1-25.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Does the server number really matter? I mean I just find whichever server has the most people. The number doesn't affect the game play does it?

Derpy_

Experienced
Reaction score
Does the server number really matter? I mean I just find whichever server has the most people. The number doesn't affect the game play does it?
It does, actually. It's harder for friends to join and It's just a pain in general. Numerical servers would be so much better AND easier

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
It does, actually. It's harder for friends to join and It's just a pain in general. Numerical servers would be so much better AND easier
Oh. What my friends and I normally do is pick a server and they type /server sgXX (whatever the server is) and it works everytime.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci