• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Spectating

Good idea?

• Yes, should be implemented.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No, not good at all.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • It will be good if it's given some edit.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but it seemed a bit interesting when I thought of it.
Someone has suggest a server that sends you to a server that's already open. Instead, it should send you to a server that is open and full for people that can't play a game right now or are too laggy (or just want to spectate a game because they don't want to play) and just want to spectate. This way, if a new game starts while they are playing they won't be in and instead of being a normal dead spectator that will join the game, they will start as a spectator and watch the whole time. From the start.

Not sure if it's a good idea, just thought it was a bit interesting.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Also separate addition:
We should be able to interact with doors and things (including chests). It just makes sense. For the chests we could have it so specs can open them to see what's inside and but not take from them.

MPMG

Tribute
Reaction score
Its kinda impossible to direct you to a server without a client side mod and it would kinda freak you out if your just walking then all of a sudden some ghost creeps open a door or chest, but i do agree its kind of annoying when you dont know whats in the chests but what someone could do is have a friend tell them good chest locations over skype or steam or something

Valorman1

Tribute
Reaction score
Also separate addition:
We should be able to interact with doors and things (including chests). It just makes sense. For the chests we could have it so specs can open them to see what's inside and but not take from them.
The only thing I see bad about the interacting part is if someone is standing on a trap door or a piston, a spectator can just drop them or trap them and that would be unfair.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree with both of those things. I don't know if this is possible but we might be able to make it so that the tributes don't see the things you interact with only you do. Like you could open the door and it won't affect the tributes. Or open a chest and nothing will happen in the tribute's screen. And I know about that problem MPMG but it's already a common problem with finding tributes. Maybe it could be done so you could open doors and such, but maybe not open chests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci