• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Speed of things getting fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmagarate

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok so it's currently been a week since the MCGamer devs have fixed anything. The last patch to the server I will admit was a very good one. It helped with the NCP, fixed relog, and fixed one glitch with the fns. But lately the current massive glitches that are game changing and really effecting how people pvp are: Fns not placing when placed at a fast speed, Bow not shooting at random times, Food not eating, these are just some of the current massive ones that could probably be fixed quickly if the developers managed how they fix things and add new features. If i'm not mistaken there are currently 2 developers; one works on adding features while the other works on fixing bugs i've been told. But I don't the devs realize that if they want to add more features they need to fix their current ones or the bug mess with be chaos. Instead of working seperate, work together and take a week to fix bugs together. Once about 90% of the bugs have been fixed then by all means go back to working on new features too but currently the devs really need to focus on fixing these bugs.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Look at the history of dev changelogs, if there is a gap they always make up for it with another update.

Be patient…

elmagarate

Platinum
Reaction score
Look at the history of dev changelogs, if there is a gap they always make up for it with another update.

Be patient…
I look at the changelogs everyday to see if they fix anything. And it's hard to be patient when it's game breaking bugs like the fns glitch or the bow not firing at times or the food not eating at times. I want to have fun on MCSG but glitches like that are really making it hard to.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I mean, I'm not a Dev but I can imagine that doing a Developer's job is not limited to fixing bugs and adding features and is not easy. You should be patient, this is their job, and we should all thank them.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Two developers doesn't always mean one on features and one on bugfixes. Yes, we put a lot of time into bugfixes, but there's also always a lot going on behind the scenes that we can't talk about until it's ready. In addition, maintenance of the servers themselves takes up a significant portion of our time - although our system is stable enough to keep itself running without human intervention for a very long time, it's a large system with a lot of spinning gears (metaphorically speaking), and sometimes we need to make interventions to keep everything spinning smoothly.

Just going to lock this thread because it's something I've responded to time and time again with essentially the same answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci