• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Speed Optimization

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is a speed optimization guide if you have some more tips reply them to this treath.

• Change your game settings to fast.
When you are in Minecraft pres the 'esc' button on your keyboard than click options - video settings. Than change it to this.

-Ghrapics - Fast
-Render distance - Tiny
-Smooth Lightning - Off
-Performance - Max fps
-View bobbing - Off
-Advanced opgenGL - On
-Clouds - Off
-Particles - Minimal

You can adjust them a bit but this will run the smoothest on your computer.

• If you have a laptop power it if you can.
When you have a laptop unplugged it will start energie saving and that reduces your performance.

• Use a different texture pack.
Some texture packs reduce your speed and some texture packs will increase your speed. Most texture packs will say if you download them like 8x or 16x or 32x. How lower this number is how faster it will be.

• Don't have any other programs open.
Dont have to much programs open at the same time. Close every program on your computer besides minecraft.

• Install Optifine.
Installing Optfine will increase your speed. It's a mod and you can install it like a mod.

• Download the newest Java.
I highly suggest installing the newest version of Java. When you have a 64 bit computer you should install the 64 bit version and if you have a 32 bit computer you should instal the 32 bit version.

• Install linux
Linux is an operating system that will run minecraft faster. You can install Ubuntu inside VirtualBox and than install Minecraft on your Linux (ubuntu).

If you are on a mac OS this video tutorial might help you:

If you are on a windows OS this video tutorial might help you:

This are the best ways to make your minecraft faster. I hope it helped!

If it didn't work see this treath: Click

mizu

Tribute
Reaction score
Nicely done, I myself have done all of the above before this was posted.

Highly recommended for people who experience FPS lag in-game!

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Nicely done, I myself have done all of the above before this was posted.

Highly recommended for people who experience FPS lag in-game!
Yeah I saw a lot of comments on the forum about fps issues because of the large maps. So I thought it might be helpfull to make a guide.

The_Mejia

Tribute
Reaction score
What do you think would be better a 8x/16x texture pack resolution or just the vanilla texture? Also what texture packs would you specifically recommend?

Alexducky

Survivor
Reaction score
Wow, its amazing and now my PC is running smooth without looking like crap. thanks a ton
No problemo. I use the texture pack on my laptop and it's amazing how big of a difference it makes in terms of FPS lag

The_Mejia

Tribute
Reaction score
Yeah, I just transfer from an Alienware tower to this laptop. I cant run 521x resolutions online anymore.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What do you think would be better a 8x/16x texture pack resolution or just the vanilla texture? Also what texture packs would you specifically recommend?
How lower how faster.

Zerukai

Tribute
Reaction score
I recommend that Particles is turn to Decreased, not minimal, so that way you can still see sprint particles incase someone is hacking. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci