• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Sponsoring Message

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Why hasn't anyone thought of this?
People have, it was suggested a while ago.
How about instead of sending a message with a sponsorship, they send it instead of a sponsorship. Because sending it with a sponsorship, they get the item and the message which could tell someone where a person is. Sending it as a sponsorship, they get to know where the person is but nothing else.
Maybe instead of ^ (idea above), the sponsor item can be a map and the map shows where the other players are like maps used to do a long time ago. This could be a 200 point sponsorship because it's quite good, and it would add an interesting aspect to the game. Could replace the useless porkchop .-.

Reactions: era

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How about instead of sending a message with a sponsorship, they send it instead of a sponsorship. Because sending it with a sponsorship, they get the item and the message which could tell someone where a person is. Sending it as a sponsorship, they get to know where the person is but nothing else.
Maybe instead of ^ (idea above), the sponsor item can be a map and the map shows where the other players are like maps used to do a long time ago. This could be a 200 point sponsorship because it's quite good, and it would add an interesting aspect to the game. Could replace the useless porkchop .-.
I like it

Gamer101luke

District 13
Reaction score
But using points to say where someone is would just be a waste considering how everybody is always on the move.

ItsTheSM1

Experienced
Reaction score
ItsTheSM1 lieks dis.

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It would be more than just 200 points, probably, maybe 500 and to be honest should only show you were ONE other person is as that is a really OP thing, being able to see where all other tributes are and such. You could have it where another person picks it up after the person who was sponsored it died but it seems really OP to me and should probably only show 1 person (randomly chosen, you can't pick so that people can't purposely target people) and should cost about 500 points.

Simey

Career
Reaction score
It would be more than just 200 points, probably, maybe 500 and to be honest should only show you were ONE other person is as that is a really OP thing, being able to see where all other tributes are and such. You could have it where another person picks it up after the person who was sponsored it died but it seems really OP to me and should probably only show 1 person (randomly chosen, you can't pick so that people can't purposely target people) and should cost about 500 points.
I think that's pretty ridiculous. a message should be worth less than an item in my opinion. Look at teamspeak and skype teams. A message compared to a team mate giving you pin point locations over a mic is nothing, honestly. I like this idea anyway :)

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't think the problem is telling where people are, Skype and TS is for that.

Also, if anyone brings up the 'its another way to abuse players' don't. It can be screenshotted and reported like any other abusive message, sponsoring it is no difference.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
How about it's 200 points, but it sponsors 2 people the map and both of those people can see where the other is. That makes it work both ways and much less OP :)

I think that's pretty ridiculous. a message should be worth less than an item in my opinion. Look at teamspeak and skype teams. A message compared to a team mate giving you pin point locations over a mic is nothing, honestly. I like this idea anyway :)
Me and Gibbo have been talking about sponsoring a map that shows players' locations, not messages :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci