• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Spotting hackers from far away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Are there any way to tell if someone is hacking before you melee?

Possible Strategies:
1) Watch their fights with others.
2) If they are severely undergeared but they play confident, they are probably hacking.

Add on!

Randies

Survivor
Reaction score

Possible Strategies:
2) If they are severely undergeared but they play confident, they are probably hacking.

Add on!
Number 2 is really not true lmao.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That's completely false...
Number 2 is really not true lmao.
Maybe if you people realized that I put the word "Possible" in the list name and the word "probably" in the concept, you would understand that this is not necessarily a true or false kind of statement.

Besides, I've seen full leather players charge full iron players, and the leather player hacks and wins. I think that if you people were hackers, you would be a bit cocky as well.

Randies

Survivor
Reaction score
Maybe if you people realized that I put the word "Possible" in the list name and the word "probably" in the concept, you would understand that this is not necessarily a true or false kind of statement.

Besides, I've seen full leather players charge full iron players, and the leather player hacks and wins. I think that if you people were hackers, you would be a bit cocky as well.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Possible Strategies:

Add on!
I like the concepts behind the tactics but in this day and age it is sometimes nearly impossible to tell if someone is hacking. If you didn't know there are such things as ghost and phantom clients. They look completely legit without very close analysis.
Most of these haven't gotten into the hands of our community, but they are everywhere on kohi and badlion.

K

KiDD

Oh boy, I have quite a few ways to tell.

Wait? Are there any ways to tell?

The answer is....no, it's nearly impossible. Well, there is only one way you can really tell if someone is hacking before you fight them, and that is (which you've already stated,) to watch them fight. This is actually quite a detriment to gameplay and your mindset when you play SG. Think about it. When you go into a fight and have full iron, a diamond sword, gapples, arrows, everything you need, but the player you fight has forcefield and no knockback. Most of the time when this happens to me I'm simply thinking "wow," "I've had a great game so far, doing really well, and this hacker comes up and destroys me with his forcefield," and before this happens you do not have a clue that the player is hacking, which is so detrimental to your mindset as you play SG with a hacker. I go up to a player that (which I'm not aware of,) has hacks enabled, and I'm pretty much, euphoric because I've had such a good game. I start to fight the guy, get absolutely destroyed by his/her forcefield, and in my escape, my mindset completely changes, from being euphoric and thinking "I'm doing so well!" to "Ugh, a hacker. Seriously?" And most of the time, I just feel demotivated to even play.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Another thing: eating and running, looking in chests while running, bowspamming while running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci