• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Starting Highschool...help plz

Sriraman

Diamond
Reaction score
In all honesty, freshmen year isn't as harsh as it is depicted. At first, it might seem a bit nerve-wracking, new school, uncharted waters of unknown people, etc.. The first piece of advice is to talk to everyone you think or seems interesting enough to have a typical conversation with. This is a way to overcome any anxiety and an opportunity to create new friends. The teachers in the first year are pretty lenient the first few weeks about coming late or breaking a few rules (except the pretty general, non-changed rules throughout your school life). Assignments will come and go, but keep in mind procrastination (that is if you have the tendency to do so) will 'kill' you if you don't cut it. It is alright to do it a little here and there, but then there might be that time where you you forget and no late work is accepted. I would recommend playing sports for the school if you play any and joining clubs/extracurricular that suit your interest. Being involved in your school really keeps your life well-balanced from schoolwork and social life. All this information is a bit large to take in, but as the school year goes on, you will develop a rhythm that best complements how you work.

Signing off,
-Sriraman

CreeperGoesPro

Diamond
Reaction score
Dudeee Chris, You'll be just fine! People have gone through this kind of solution for example me. I just had my first day of school of being a freshman a week ago. At first I thought it was going to be very scary, but until then I felt good by then of the day. Just be you're self and make some new friends that have the same kind of interests that you are interested in. Make sure to always select the "trusted friends". They'll always have you're back and that is what friends are for to help each other out. If it does turn out to be "worst first day of school" don't worry… People have made mistakes of having their worst "first day of school". As long you act nice, and be you're self. Oh and also, in my opinion don't try to be popular even if you are a freshman. It would be a total disaster and stuff. My first day of school went pretty well, I did make several new friends and they're actually really nice to me.

Edit: I'm not the best at advice, but I did my best at explaining certain stuff...

Good luck!

- Creeper

TheKnightGamingHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Dudeee Chris, You'll be just fine! People have gone through this kind of solution for example me. I just had my first day of school of being a freshman a week ago. At first I thought it was going to be very scary, but until then I felt good by then of the day. Just be you're self and make some new friends that have the same kind of interests that you are interested in. Make sure to always select the "trusted friends". They'll always have you're back and that is what friends are for to help each other out. If it does turn out to be "worst first day of school" don't worry… People have made mistakes of having their worst "first day of school". As long you act nice, and be you're self. Oh and also, in my opinion don't try to be popular even if you are a freshman. It would be a total disaster and stuff. My first day of school went pretty well, I did make several new friends and they're actually really nice to me.

Edit: I'm not the best at advice, but I did my best at explaining certain stuff...

Good luck!

- Creeper
your* sowy i ad twoo

TheMaskedDomo

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm in the same bus but I start school Wednesday. I got advice from some friends that I will share with you. First be chill, no one likes a little shy kid who avoids people. Be nice and don't be a jerk.

kipje1122

Diamond
Reaction score
first off keep yourself in the back ground, observe and just see what jokes you can make to which people, and in all the things, whatever you do, stay cool. if they know you get mad easily or something like that they will pick you out to mess with, you dont want that to happen. goodluck on school!

edit: also try and communicate with the people that seem cool and kind of your type that you want to hang out with. and be nice to the teachers, a first impression can only be made once!

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Keep your head up, always smiling (girls love that) ;) and be cool :cool: I'll be a senior this year and my years in highschool I've learned that if you have a chance to do it. Do it. Go to party's, talk to people/be outgoing, girls don't want losers that aren't good at anything if you play sports work extra hard and in school girls love smart guys and successful people. One thing I did wrong tho was not focus on school which results in me joining the military after this last year in high school (very few people know that)

School is number 1

Girls number 2

Everything else 3

Gl enjoy it :D
This is exactly what you need to do. I graduated last year, and I regret not going to as many party's as I should have. Never say no, give everyone and everything a try (besides drugs lol).

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
People get too stressed out when they go to new places, high school/college in particular, since you all think you need to act a certain way, or be with the right people.
Forget all that, just relax and go with it, however if you're shy, try to find some confidence and don't clam up and talk to nobody. Thats a surefire way to ensure you have a bad time :p
Be open minded and accepting in the first few weeks, give everyone and everything a try (Well... almost anything. Not drugs. Drugs bad.) and talk to plenty of new people in your classes. Try not to cling to the friends you made in your previous school too much, and its unlikely that you'll all be in the same classes, and will probably begin to distance from one another (Not saying to abandon old friends, just to make new ones :3)
Remember that everyone else in those rooms are just as now to this stuff as you are, and also that most, if not all of them don't know you at all, so you don't have to stick to how were before, if you want to, you can pretty much re-invent yourself, since you have essentially, a clean slate.

Lemonz87

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Quick tips:
(I'm a junior in high school this year, and although I am a girl~ maybe I could still say some helpful stuff for a guy xD)

1) Talk to anyone and everyone; search out new friends but know that you don't have to be super close with everyone; just a few people :p

2) Don't lie about yourself; do what you love and love what you do.

3) Don't take and s*** from anyone :)

4) Try everything that won't land you in jail or end up getting you kicked out of school.

5) Keep track of your school work and prioritize it before anything else.

6) Remember to keep time for the things you love and don't let close friends slip away.

7) Don't hesitate to reach out to someone if you are struggling in any class. (Don't let your grades drop because you are too embarrassed to ask for help)

8) Don't forget about your parents. (Honestly I know this sounds lame, but remember, they are the ones who are going to be paying for hopefully, your car and gas in a few years xD)

MrConHD

Tribute
Reaction score
Honestly, High School is no where NEAR as bad as people say it is. Sure, everyone will get nervous for their first few days. One thing I realized that really helps, is too always stick with your true friends. You are going to meet a lot of different people in High School, some aren't the best of people and don't make the best of choices, but having close friends will solve all those problems with not knowing anyone. On the topic of friendships, its likely you are going to lose quite a bit of friends you thought you would never lose. And the sad thing is, you can't stop it, its just going to happen. I lost quite a bit of my good friends simply because how they changed or I didn't have any classes with them. But because of that, I have found even better friends that are always wanting to have fun and do stuff.

Basically, just enjoy it all, because it flies by. Try not to get too stressed, and participate in everything your school does, that will just improve the experience. My first year of High School I focused on having fun, and I had no problems with it at all.

I hope this helps, as High School is truly an enjoyable experience if you make it one :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci