• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Stats Reset - Why it shouldn't happen...

MinwcraftGod1234

Platinum
Reaction score
The try harding will be absolutely real. doesn't sound exciting. the amount of teaming and hackers these days will make boosting become more of a problem.

Alright this is a big deal for people who worked their ass off to get high on the leader boards. Tons of people try-harded their stats and worked their way to the top. I my self have over 1,000 Wins and I would literally cry if my stats got reset, as would all my friends. the try harding will be so bad MCSG would just be unplayable. And that doesn't sound exciting. the amount of teaming and hackers these days will make boosting become more of a problem.
This is by Shake, one of my favorite youtubers and i agree with him, People tryharded their stats to get in a place on the top.

My opinion is that there shouldn't be a leader boards reset, maybe we could have side leader boards that are monthly and are measured by how many wins they got that month.

Leave down your opinion, please don't start flame, thank you :)

Last edited:

themastern00b

Diamond
Reaction score
Although the leaderboards would be reset, we would still have the legacy leaderboards. Your old stats would be preserved, and you would still have all your precious wins. With the new leaderboards people would have a chance of rising to the top and not just wonder how they will ever be able to be in the top 100. I think the reset would be nice and I fully support it.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I think a possible solution would be to make a second leaderboard where people can chose to restart, and be placed on that leaderboard. A lot of things would have to be worked out regarding that, but it's a possible idea.

On another note, several threads are already available to continue this discussion. I'm not going to lock yours because I totally understand what you're getting at, though I would advise you post this on one of the active community threads regarding this, or the main thread. This is, I believe, the third thread on this topic which is totally fine, but it would make more sense to post on an existing thread, such as this one.

It's totally up to you, though, and I won't be locking this unless you'd prefer to post on another thread, but it's totally up to you :)

themastern00b

Diamond
Reaction score
Hasn't anyone thought about tryhards, no lifers and boosters? xD
There is nothing wrong with tryhards and people who "no life." If they really do try and put a large amount of their time into the game, what's the problem with them being a high rank? I do agree about the boosters though, as that might become a problem.

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with tryhards and people who "no life." If they really do try and put a large amount of their time into the game, what's the problem with them being a high rank? I do agree about the boosters though, as that might become a problem.
I didn't mean the tryhards/boosters that way. I meant it with a bad way. The may get too competitive and then might start to hack. What I meant is that the hackers might now have a chance of rising to the top of the LB. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There shouldn't be much to worry about. Even if any suspects do end up being in the new leaderboards, the staff members of the community will find out which people are frauds at the game, eventually they'd be banned, and their statistics won't even continue updating, heck, if it is certain that they were illegitimate, then it could be possible to even remove them off the leaderboards. Also, as previously stated, your statistics will be preserved, they won't just wipe them out of existence, they will keep them somewhere for us to see. Also, as you've managed to do, you have your statistics in your signature, so people can see. So no worries, hopefully the statistics reset isn't going to be as bad as it was expected. :D

Flqw

Experienced
Reaction score
I feel fine with the stats reset. The only real flqw (See what I did there xD) is that people spent 5-10$ everyday to reset their stats, and to just put that money to waste by resetting everyones stats at once is pretty unfair, tbh I think MCSG purposely put the stat resets a few months just to get more money, but if it isn't then I guess it was just a coincidence that everything doing with stats happened in a few month time-span.

Edit: I know there's still legacy leaderboards, but almost no one is going to go on there unless it's for a clan application or they're bored out of their minds.

MagmaYeti

Platinum
Reaction score
I've been here longer, more wins, more time played and I couldn't give if my stats were reset. Just means I will be able to do better.
Yeah, but I have a crazy ratio dude. Also, I have more wins with both accounts combined :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci