• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staying healthy while gaming, and why its important.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Also, anybody can give up soda. I used to love it, but one day I just stopped and I've only had the occasional root beer at a restaurant for the last few years. :D

RathaYatra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am a healthy gamer, I only eat organic non-gmo food I exercise daily and love strawberries! Yay for health!

Lel

Slqme

Survivor
Reaction score
Also, anybody can give up soda. I used to love it, but one day I just stopped and I've only had the occasional root beer at a restaurant for the last few years. :D
I have not drunk any "fizzy drinks" (As we call it in England) for 3 years. Since then I have has a coke life to see what it tastes like (Eww) and thats it. ;)

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Keeping healthy is for nerds.
JK :p

Honestly, not many people really pay attention to there diet, at least the majority of the U.K.
It is a problem though, it's just not the governments priority to fund the facilities that people need :p

Mitch

Platinum
Reaction score
Very good post! Staying healthy is very important especially for Gamers or someone that isn't as active as a " non gamer. "

I myself eat 3 times a day ( 8:00 a.m, 12:00 p.m, 7:00 p.m ) As well as eating a snack in between. My snacks consist of carrots or sometimes apples.

I also go running in the morning at 6:00 a.m! It may not be fun whenever doing it but you feel great after. ( I usually go running for about 2 hours. )

Then I go to the gym at about 9:00 p.m. ( My workout consist of Benches, Pull ups, and some other body exercises. As well as some cardio. ) ( Usually about 30 minutes of cardio. )

I do this as well as my day to day activities :)

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
I kinda luaghed a bit when you said instead of having sugar drinks have an apple or a orange, when over 75% of the carbohydrates are sugar LOL.

Anyone can eat what they want it doesn't matter what food it is. As long as you know what Fat, Protien and Carbs are and what role each of them have to effect your body through its daily functions.

Carbs for example; if you plan on doing a sport or some kind workout you should eat a lot of Carbs because carbs are your bodys first sorce of energy. However if you eat too many Carbs the extra Carbs that aren't used during your workout are stored as fat. So don't have too much.

When you're doing little to no activity all day, your goal should be to keep Carbs to a minimal. Don't cut them out completely, just have a very low amount. That way while your body is being idel, it can start using the fat that is stored in your body as energy. Which is why so many people are on low carb diets to lose weight. Another great tip is to never have Carbs 2 hours before bed. Why would you need energy for sleeping doesn't make sense lol. You want to burn the fat while you sleep and recover your muscles.

Protien is basically to heal the broken muscle fibres, that happen after resistance training or a very high intensity sport. As everyone knows to gain muscle you gotta destroy the muscle fibres and let your body repair them. A high protien diet would make the muscles repair much faster, therefore you can hit that muscle group again on your next workout and see optimal gains in stregth and mass. You should go for every lbs of lean body weight (everything, but the fat) is how much grams of protein a day you should eat.

Although fat has been given a bad reputation, it is essential for our survival. There is a huge diffrence between healthy fats and unhealthy fats. Basically when you read a nutrition label on the back of an item. You see fat, then underneath you see Saturated fat and trans fat. Both sturated and trans are the devil and should be avoided at all times. However the regular fat is fine and can give you lots of health benefits, to your organs, helps obsorbe carbs, helps with your immune system Ect..

I know that this had little to do with the OP's post. However I just wanted to share my knowloage on macronutrions. I'm a personal trainer part time at my local gym and help people with their diets and workout routines. Also very into my own phsique and count my macros everywhere I go.
Wow. If everyone in American knew half of what you knew, that would solve most of our obesity problem. (I know you live in Canada, just stating some things I've noticed.)

The problem in America is that we buy too much into the media and commercials. We see some crackers that have a tan box and the words "50% less fat" on the front and we assume they are healthy and we can eat as many as we want.

Corporations have no motivation to make food healthy. It's all about money. Money is about marketing and making things taste good regardless of how crappy it really is. Our schools aren't any better; the school lunches are just as unhealthy as fast food. Then there's the way we portray food. We portray food as something to live for rather than something that we need to live.

I have seen people say the most ignorant, blatantly wrong things about food. At my school, french fries are a vegetable and barbecue sauce is a fruit. I'm starting to wonder if chimps are planning school lunches... They don't taste that bad but it's hilarious the kinds of things you see. Then there are the elderly people who try to lose weight and think that eating fake butter will make them lose weight better. Then you see the terrible, fake weight loss scams and products that a disgusting proportion of the population buys into.

Then there's the fact that we think we need to have food for every single social event in history. A party? Everyone bring candy and 5$ for pizza. A fundraiser? Free candy at the door. Walk into a bank? More free candy at the door. Just hanging out? You got no class if you don't provide ice cream. If you don't eat at a social event, you're seen as insecure or something. We tell our children that they need to be full all the time or they are going to starve or die or something. Obesity is at an all time high, and the only sadder than a population full of obese adults is a population full of obese children. We are reaching the point where our obesity and overweight problems are outweighing our advances in medical technology; in other words, life expectancy is now going down. And I hate to say it, but gaming is also a big contributor to this. (Haha, at least that sentence was on topic.)

Ok, rant over.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Ive gained wait but its muscle... Work out here and there and you should be fine :)

Reaction score
Okay, so thanks for the science lesson, and you probably wont believe me, but I already knew all that. (We'd done that in science ;p) but seriously, all of that stuff has hardly anything to do with this original thread.

This thread is targeted more at the people who are sitting infront of their streams, playing game after game, and drinking monster energy, and eating a mars bar. Thats an exaggeration, but you get my point.

Just because 75% of carbs are sugar, (Which is true), how does that mean that chocolate bars and junk food aren't? All I'm trying to say is an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

I highly respect the fact that you are a personal trainer and help people with their diets, but then surely you understand where I am coming from with this post? I point out that if you are jogging for an hour everyday or going to the gym for a couple hours them you are entitled to a mars bar, but I can probably assure you that atleast 60% of the readers of this thread aren't. All I want to do is encourage people to think twice about what they are eating, and if they are needed.

I thank you for your contribution and your thoughts though,
~Slqme
mars and monster are both disgusting

And no mlg gamer stands up unless they just won a tourney.

And no mlg gamer eats healthy...ever.

And never snack while playing a game...you're just gonna lose that focus.

And now I'm just annoying grammar nazi's with these posts.

And now I'm done :D

AephexHasSweges

Experienced
Reaction score
Ya I can see the message you're making. Me personally if everyone knew about the science, they would know how to make smart dissicions with what their eating.

If everyone knew the science behind it, they would notice all the food that's bad for you and live a healthy and better life style. That's why I love telling my clients why we're doing a isolation exerssice or why we're just eating lean chicken and brown rice.

It was more of a post to inform the public that. You can eat that Mars bar, but if you look at the nutrition facts it's doing absolutely nothing besides give you a jump of energy and lots of unhealthy fats.
Bill Nye the science guy taught me stuff falls because of a magical thingy on earth that makes it is dat true? I'm scared

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci