• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

STOP DONOR ADVANTAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The suggestion is at the bottom. The body text is why I don't like it.

I have been kicked several times in a row now. I'm unable to get back into a game because they're all ways full, and as soon as I can get in a game, the server kicks me because someone who gives you money wanted to play.

In layman's terms: I get kicked because I haven't got enough money to just give to you, because I have to pay for more important things to survive..

WHY DO THE WEALTHY ALWAYS GET BENEFITS?

THE SUGGESTION:
- Don't give the wealthy more rights.
You seem to have enough money for the internet. You seem to have enough money for food. You seem to have enough money for household things. If you didn't, you would be dead. Take $10 and get some donationship and play the freaking game.
ALSO the games are usually only 24/7 full on the Weekends. Play the game on the weekdays at nighttime, like I do. Stop complaining and be happy that you have 28 servers to choose from, all with a dedicated host AND a custom plugin.

Slimjim0617

Spectator
Reaction score
In layman's terms: I get kicked because I haven't got enough money to just give to you, because I have to pay for more important things to survive..

WHY DO THE WEALTHY ALWAYS GET BENEFITS?

THE SUGGESTION:
- Don't give the wealthy more rights.
When you get kicked, move along to another server.There are plenty to play on. There is no need to get upset because someone payed for something and are getting benefits for helping out the servers. Your post screams out, "If I can't have it, nobody can!" and that is childish.

Awopcxet

Experienced
Reaction score
donors make the server run, without them there would not be a server that you could play on so be nice to them

supermuddypuddle

Experienced
Reaction score
Ok if you want to get on a server dont join and exit to find an endgame/lobby server because those are on donors 1st priority just get on a server with 6-7 people left

skremingpanda

Spectator
Reaction score
there donors..... they should be able to play whenever they want because without them you couldnt play at all..... but it is annoying when a donor joins a game and then leaves just to kick someone out of the game.

ImmobileLizard

Survivor
Reaction score
LOL. All the sponsors disagree and all the non sponsors do.
except your the only one who is disagreeing, i for one am happy there are donaters,
well chad said that the servers will always be free and yes with out the donators they wouldnt be up but they could stay up with out them 2
so your expecting Chad to pay out of his own pocket for this? i can guarantee all these servers put together are well over $250 to run... yeah i wouldn't wanna pay that much. Donaters are a necessity

Dean

Career
Reaction score
Thank you.

except your the only one who is disagreeing, i for one am happy there are donaters,

so your expecting Chad to pay out of his own pocket for this? i can guarantee all these servers put together are well over $250 to run... yeah i wouldn't wanna pay that much. Donaters are a necessity
I never said to stop the donors, I asked for the advantages that one gets simply because one can donate to end or become more fair.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ew. This is a terrible idea. Nobody would even want to donate anymore if the privilege was taken away and if no one donates than you're not even gonna be playing survival games ever again.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
Dedicated, not wealthy. I don't think very many of the donators are "rich", but i think they like this system and community so much, that they're willing to actually spend the few dollars they have in spare on it.

Of course some people are gonna have more money than others, and i agree with you, that there should be another option under 10 dollars, but if you have a spare 10 dollars, just figure out to yourself; are you actually gonna play for more than a few days? Do you actually really like this whole thing? Are you gonna find entertainment enough for your 10 dollars? If yes, i think the 10 dollars are worth it. If not, please make some room for those of us who are here to stay and have actually helped keeping this thing alive. ;)

On that note, i could suggest having 1-2 servers where nobody had reserved slots at all. It's not like the donators are gonna have trouble joining the other ones anyway.
Yes, I had to think for a long time about giving money to the server, because I needed to know if these servers would be up for a while, or if they would just crash; I needed to know if this would be for a bad cause - if it was something completely unfair for those who didn't donate, I didn't want to be a part of it; but it is fair, completely fair.

Basically, I asked myself a bunch of questions, answered them, and slept on it for a while. Are the moderators corrupt? Is the system fair? Am I going to play this for a long time, or just abandon it after a couple of weeks? Is the community good, healthy to be around? Is this going to hurt my wallet a lot?

Then, I decided, these servers are cool, I want to help out, and heck, if I do help keep the servers up, it would be unfair for them not to give donors and myself an advantage. Listen, Chad isn't the first one to come up with this donate and we give you a perk or advantage over regular members. In fact, he's come up with an advantage that doesn't affect members in the game. That's a great accomplishment.

Consider this, Dean, and try to form your opinion again, with this, and all the other output users have given you. Put yourself in the donors' shoes, Chad's shoes, and your shoes, then form an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci