• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

STOP DONOR ADVANTAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
i have another idea, instead of paying for a first world problem (oh dear i can't play on a server on my shiny hi-tech computer) why not put your $10 somewhere that it could be used, like feeding the homeless or helping make third world countries a better place.
Don't get me wrong i thank all those who donated to these servers because it gives me something else to think about than all the wrong things in this world.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
i have another idea, instead of paying for a first world problem (oh dear i can't play on a server on my shiny hi-tech computer) why not put your $10 somewhere that it could be used, like feeding the homeless or helping make third world countries a better place.
Don't get me wrong i thank all those who donated to these servers because it gives me something else to think about than all the wrong things in this world.
And how do you know that I didn't give $10 of my money to my Church or something like that? If your relationship with money is, "I have to give it all to the poor, and then announce that I did so to everyone," then it's a little twisted from what your relationship should be. You can enjoy yourself while still trying to please God or help others, or whatever your goal or morale is. And if you did give money to homeless, it should be private, between you and those homeless people. Someone who goes around saying, "I just gave $10 to the poor!" is simply seeking attention rather than doing what's right.

InvincibleForce

Survivor
Reaction score
I feel like this is perfect as it is. The donors need some sort of benefit for donating, and instead of joining rights would you want them to get some sort of in-game perk? I think not! Without a benefit of donating there would be a lot less donators than there is now. -_-

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes, I had to think for a long time about giving money to the server, because I needed to know if these servers would be up for a while, or if they would just crash; I needed to know if this would be for a bad cause - if it was something completely unfair for those who didn't donate, I didn't want to be a part of it; but it is fair, completely fair.

Basically, I asked myself a bunch of questions, answered them, and slept on it for a while. Are the moderators corrupt? Is the system fair? Am I going to play this for a long time, or just abandon it after a couple of weeks? Is the community good, healthy to be around? Is this going to hurt my wallet a lot?

Then, I decided, these servers are cool, I want to help out, and heck, if I do help keep the servers up, it would be unfair for them not to give donors and myself an advantage. Listen, Chad isn't the first one to come up with this donate and we give you a perk or advantage over regular members. In fact, he's come up with an advantage that doesn't affect members in the game. That's a great accomplishment.

Consider this, Dean, and try to form your opinion again, with this, and all the other output users have given you. Put yourself in the donors' shoes, Chad's shoes, and your shoes, then form an opinion.
I agree. I donated to some server and then they screwed it all up.

And how do you know that I didn't give $10 of my money to my Church or something like that? If your relationship with money is, "I have to give it all to the poor, and then announce that I did so to everyone," then it's a little twisted from what your relationship should be. You can enjoy yourself while still trying to please God or help others, or whatever your goal or morale is. And if you did give money to homeless, it should be private, between you and those homeless people. Someone who goes around saying, "I just gave $10 to the poor!" is simply seeking attention rather than doing what's right.
I'm happy that there is a christian here! It makes my day seeing how people continue to preach the word of the Lord ! :)

Syranita

Tribute
Reaction score
If your so devoted, you should offer your time to help people, not spending it on video games, Time is money as they say.
Im also wondering why you post this without thinking: "What will people think when i tell them that they are spending their money wrong."
Were helping people have an enjoyable time, were helping Chad keeping the servers up, i would say the 10$ i donated is being used, and used for what i believe in. I know i properly wont ever help a homeless person with money, but i know i will be supporting a lot of tech or gaming related projects, and thats how i choose to spend my money.
What i wanna say is, we prioritize the money we earn differently and its basically what this topic is about.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
I started writing a huge long reply to all the flaming i received for my personal view of the materialistic society we live in, then i figured it easier to accept it and allow this forum to stay on topic... i'll leave the fanatical outbursts for a more appropriate thread.
Oh and Syranita, why should i care what people think of what i say? if i did my friends wouldn't know how i feel or what i believe.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
It's a lot of text above me and forgive me, I'm too tired to read it all.
But I have (I think a brilliant) solution.
How about that (I guess the problem is donaters are logging in and out just to kick people) a donator can only join a server (with kicking people) once in 10 minutes. If he wants to rejoin before the 10 minutes ended he must wait for a free slot.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
It's a lot of text above me and forgive me, I'm too tired to read it all.
But I have (I think a brilliant) solution.
How about that (I guess the problem is donaters are logging in and out just to kick people) a donator can only join a server (with kicking people) once in 10 minutes. If he wants to rejoin before the 10 minutes ended he must wait for a free slot.
No.

2 minutes is good.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I started writing a huge long reply to all the flaming i received for my personal view of the materialistic society we live in, then i figured it easier to accept it and allow this forum to stay on topic... i'll leave the fanatical outbursts for a more appropriate thread.
Oh and Syranita, why should i care what people think of what i say? if i did my friends wouldn't know how i feel or what i believe.
Your friends would easily know when you speak to them on skype or IRL. If this topic was created to share your views with your friends, why did you make it public??? Im guessing you a teenager (like me), there fore we spend around $20 or less each week. Spend some of that money on the MCSG. Then what happens.., YOUR PROBLEM IS EFFING SOLVED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci