• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Strategies/Route for Map 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushysparkk

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello! In this article, you will read the route and all the strategies I use almost every time I play for the Original Hunger Games Map! It also includes some back-up plans if something doesn't go your way. Enjoy!

MAP 1 ROUTES
The route I usually take is this: Run for the center, and get out of there, going the OPPOSITE DIRECTION of the Host Tower. Going this way leads you to about 10 chests before noon time! Head for center. Crazy, huh? But this route is not so simple. Let's get more detailed.

Things highlighted in red are important! Be sure to read!

-At the start of the game, analyze the situation. Are you close or far from the route you would take? When the game starts, go for a chest in the center. If you get a sword, feel free to pick some people off.
-Now that you have gotten your contents in that chest, run in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION of the host tower, or the way the glass window is facing. Running that way will bring you to a river. If no one is in it, jump in and go underneath that waterfall and get that chest. Now, swim up the waterfall to land.
-If people are already in there, unless you feel confident that you can kill them, run around the river down the tiny cliff. To your left will be another river, with the same concept as above. Unless people are in there, go in and get it. Otherwise, keep running straight.
-Now you are in a flat-land-ish place. CHECK THE GROUND. There is a chest right underneath some dirt that is hidden.
-Next, jump down the cliff to your left. Look for a cave. A chest is located in there.
-PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE DIRECTIONS ARE IMPLEMENTED IF SOMEONE IS NOT CHASING YOU, ABOUT TO KILL. IF THIS HAPPENS AT ANY STEP, TRY TO MAKE A BIG CIRCLE BACK TO THE CENTER. YOU WILL MOST LIKELY DIE, BUT IT'S YOUR BEST BET THAT SOMEONE ELSE FEELING CONFIDENT CAN KILL THE TRIBUTE TRYING TO KILL YOU.
-Back to the directions. Once out of the cave, straight ahead will be a river/waterfall. Go into the waterfall, a chest is right behind you. Go to the bottom of the waterfall, a cave leads to a chest.
-Next, go up back the waterfall ON LAND, and look for a chest that has some pillars sticking out. Go do that parkour. If you are, make sure to hit shift before you land on the ladder!
(You can also get this chest the quicker/cheap way by going in the water and swimming up to get it)
-Get back on land. Run up that hill where the parkour is, and look for a big tree. Climb up it, a chest is nice and cozy, waiting for you.
-Now this part is optional. Only do this if you have enough time before night time strikes.
If you don't have enough time, skip this step.
Out of the tree now, run the same direction you were before for a few seconds, but look to your right as you run. See a cave? Go in there, that's where a chest is located. Get out of there and head to shore.
-Once you have ran to the shore line, swim across the border of the map. Keep swimming until you reach an island that HAS A HOUSE ON IT (Not the first island you come across). If you have used your time wisely, you can get there and take the chests before they refill.
-Camp there for a bit. Use this time to cook some things, make some new tools, eat, fish, etc. Once you are ready, go out to the front of the house and look for a big island. Swim there.
-You've made it this far, time to get serious. Run a little bit, look for an area down a cliff with some water ponds near gravel. Jump down there. Look for a chest near the cliff. Scan the area. You should be able to find it.
-Now, you have two options. You can run around the area into a ravine-thing that leads to a cave, or swim across to it. It should be night time, so light will mark the area. Go inside, a chest is in there.
-Many of you are familiar with the 2-pillared castle, yep, you're heading straight into a Danger Zone. I told you you were getting serious now, you should have some armor and a decent sword. If you don't know where it is, go to the entrance of the cave if you were to swim in there. Swim that way (aka East). Once there, get all 4 chests: The one under the tree, the one on the parkour-ish pillar, the one in the pillar, and the one under the bridge. There is a crafting table located in one of the pillars!
-Head for the cornucopia. Yes, I said it. Do it. Go up in a tree a little close to it and spy on anyone that is there. If no one is there, still do it and scout the area for a minute. Head in there slowly. If you are lucky, people that got there before you will leave some very useful stuff behind. Now is time to GTFO of there. Run back the direction you came from, but now you are going into the ship.
-The ship is to the left of the bridge of the castle if you were to GO TO THE CASTLE. You can recognize it because the top of the cave its in has dead shrubs on it.
-My second to last direction for you is to go back to the cornucopia, that is, if you are still alive, and camp there until night on top of the host tower. You can get on there by climbing up a tree, breaking a few blocks and sprint jumping. Go to the front, hit the sneak key, and wait until night. Anyone comes by, kill them. There's no option. You don't want them taking YOUR goodies, right?
-Finally, here's a tip for the deathmatch. Keep away from your opponent as much as you can. Use your bow if you have one. Get dogs if you can. Golden apples help, as long as you aren't in a sword fight. If it comes to this, spam click, jump in a circle, and go try-hard. Doesn't matter what kind of armor you have, leather can beat iron, because I've experienced it myself. If you win, don't go bragging saying "You all suck!" People will most likely team up and go for you first. Thank people that compliment your victory. Say things like "Good game!" "Wow, I can't believe I beat you!" "You did very good yourself!" etc. Nice things get people to like you. And when you are liked, you could form a team and guarantee a spot in the end.

PLEASE NOTE: IF SOMETHING DOES NOT GO AS PLANNED IN THESE DIRECTIONS, SKIP TO THE NEXT ONE. HOPE THIS HAS HELPED!

MAP 1 STRATEGIES
-Fist fights are never good. Don't try to get involved in one.

-Always keep a good eye out. Someone is always watching you...herobrine
-If you have gold, get some apples and make golden apples.

-Make arrows yourself if you must.
-Food is first priority.
-A weapon is second priority.
-Decent armor is third.
-Sneaking behind a block makes your name invisible to other players. Use this to your advantage.
-If you have no food, don't sprint unless you are being chased.
-Never go for any other parkour challenges besides the one in the water.
-NEVER run out into the open unprepared

Use these directions in your game, and you are almost guaranteed a spot in the Final 4. Write in the comments if I should make a Strategies/Route for Map #! Hope this has helped, thanks for reading. Happy Hunger Games!

Sollyhol

Survivor
Reaction score
This is helpful to me as I have routes for map 2 and 3, but not 1! Thank you :)

lehparsiphel

Experienced
Reaction score
wouldnt the two-pillar castle be already raided in the beginning of the game?

hazza852

Spectator
Reaction score
On the step where you go up the tree to get a chest there is a lever at the bottom of the tree. This will open up a doorway in the trunk of the tree that then leads to a ladder inside the trunk which goes to a chest. You may of known about this already, but I am just giving you a heads up.

Anyway aside from that this was a brilliant guide and has helped me a lot . Thanks!!!

lehparsiphel

Experienced
Reaction score
i can get ful iron armor and 2 diamonds in the first 3 minutes wiithout hitting the corn chests

Mushysparkk

Spectator
Reaction score
wouldnt the two-pillar castle be already raided in the beginning of the game?
Sorry for the late reply, but the chests would have already been refilled, and most of the time people are scattered around the map or at the cornucopia. Just keep a look out on the bridge.

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
how do i paste that acheivement get pic? idk how to do it it pastes the url :/

Mushysparkk

Spectator
Reaction score
I will make a Strategy Guide for Map 2 or 3 when this post reaches 400 views!!
(Or if 5 people like this comment!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci