• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestions (for combat etc.)

Agree?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTrashMastah

Spectator
Reaction score
My 4 suggestions (may have already been suggested)
-Make cakes and melons able to be placed and destroyed.
-Ender Pearls should be added to chests, as well as potions.
-Enchantments and Bottle's of Enchanting (in chests).
-When players die, their drop is randomized.

Cakes and melons are a very efficient food source, and I always seem to receive them in chests. Also Ender Pearls could be used as a quick getaway from someone powerful or a way to climb a building easily. They'd also be good for gaining distance from the cornucopia when the game ends. Also I believe potions would be nice. It would expand the combat by adding splash damage/weakness potions and provide an alternate source of healing other than regeneration. Enchanted items would help give someone a chance against fighting some one who may seem stronger than them. Enchantments like fire, power, and knockback would be cool and add more depth to the the Games. Also enchantments on the bow like infinite would be pretty cool, it'd allow people to fight from a distance without having to worry about arrows (there'd probably be some problems with this).
And I think that when players die, they should always drop something, even if they have nothing. When someone is killed when they have better items, the better their drop should be, but they shouldn't drop what they had.

For example:
A player carrying an iron sword with full iron armor and a golden apple is killed.
He should drop items used to craft the weapon but not all the ingredients.
Such as a stick and an iron ingot/diamond.
If they're killed, armorwise they should drop the same chestplate and leggings/helmet but not the full suit. Or an equivalent. Such as diamond leggings and leather chest/boots/helm or a diamond chest. Or also a full set of gold.
Food wise he should drop the apple and a gold ingot, so he'd have to craft it himself.

Basically what I am saying is that when someone dies, their items drop in value. Which might still benefit the killer, but if one were on a team and the teammate happens to die with a full suit of armor, his teammate won't benefit ridiculously, and become to overpowered.

P.S. I hope you are doing everything you can to fix the ghosting issue, It's really hard to stick in a game with the servers constantly restarting.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But ghosting issue is a bug in minecraft and can only be fixed by mojang

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah it would really ad something to the game and make it more interactive :D

Gameraider

Spectator
Reaction score
Great idea, and I hope this is seen by someone with decisive power. would love for this to be added.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The cake issue is being worked on, but I have never seen melons in chests though. Hopefully the fix for cake will be here soon :D
If there were enderpearls in chests, people would be able to get over the glass dome. Maybe now that you can't get past the dome area, it would work to have some enderpearls but I can't be sure. Don't use this reply as a base for one of your posts :D
Potions would be a nice addition, but only some potions. Some potions would be really unfair (poison, as it always brings you down to half a heart and once you get there still takes a long time to disappear. Easy kill = unfair) but Swiftness potions and low-damage Instant Damage potions would be nice. Also healing/regen potions would be cool. But it would make more sense if there were just some brewing stands and ingredients for potions (again, except poison ingredients. Of course they could just make it so you couldn't use the poison potion if you made it.). Then you would have to wait for the potion to brew and take the time to get all the ingredients.
Maybe in the cornucopia there can be some weapons (stone sword and bows only) with minor enchantments. No unfair enchantments that could really affect the game, and no enchantments that are too high level. But this would be a fun addition!
I don't like the idea of drops being randomized. Sometimes you only decide to kill someone because they have some items you want. If you killed that person, then only got useless stuff you already had, you would've wasted your time chasing your opponent around the map.

DannyDeeto

Experienced
Reaction score
No enchantments becaus eppl will think your hacking and potions no, but otherwise its like skitscapes server.....

TheTrashMastah

Spectator
Reaction score
The cake issue is being worked on, but I have never seen melons in chests though. Hopefully the fix for cake will be here soon :D
If there were enderpearls in chests, people would be able to get over the glass dome. Maybe now that you can't get past the dome area, it would work to have some enderpearls but I can't be sure. Don't use this reply as a base for one of your posts :D
Potions would be a nice addition, but only some potions. Some potions would be really unfair (poison, as it always brings you down to half a heart and once you get there still takes a long time to disappear. Easy kill = unfair) but Swiftness potions and low-damage Instant Damage potions would be nice. Also healing/regen potions would be cool. But it would make more sense if there were just some brewing stands and ingredients for potions (again, except poison ingredients. Of course they could just make it so you couldn't use the poison potion if you made it.). Then you would have to wait for the potion to brew and take the time to get all the ingredients.
Maybe in the cornucopia there can be some weapons (stone sword and bows only) with minor enchantments. No unfair enchantments that could really affect the game, and no enchantments that are too high level. But this would be a fun addition!
I don't like the idea of drops being randomized. Sometimes you only decide to kill someone because they have some items you want. If you killed that person, then only got useless stuff you already had, you would've wasted your time chasing your opponent around the map.
Ha I've gotten melons before, I could see the ender pearls being a problem, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to get out. Or if someone finds it possible, possibly they could come up with a barrier over the top that tp's you back to where you were before throwing the pearl and takes the pearl from you. Thanks for the reply though, I would've never even thought of these being issues. :)

TheTrashMastah

Spectator
Reaction score
No enchantments becaus eppl will think your hacking and potions no, but otherwise its like skitscapes server.....
Ha, people think you're hacking (cheating) every time you get a kill. I could probably see how someone could get away more with cheating if one could just say "it's enchanted" or something. But I usually only see people use X-Ray and Turbo-mouse's so I don't know. Thanks for the reply.

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score

I agree drops shouldn't be randomised, half the fun is taking down someone with good stuff so you can have it. The drop should always be equal to the difficulty of taking somone down, I'd hate to have to go through fighting someone with awesome stuff and not getting anything decent for it. Plus if you kill someone who has nothing and get a random drop you mays well go round the whole map killing easy players and hoping they drop something good, which in my opinion would spoil the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci