• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestions (PC)

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello guys, as Christmas and a birthday present, I am building a Gaming PC! I am still struggling to find the right product at the right price, but I've come up with a start, and hopefully you guys can help me out.

I would to let you know some stuff, I'm trying to spend no more than what I have here. Btw, I have 2 internal hard drives, the better (more expensive) one for playing games, and the other 500GB one for photos and other stuff not requiring a amazing hard drive. I'm also sticking with the keyboard and monitor, I just need info on the actual PC!

Without further comments, here is the link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2rHPa - Please note: this is AU pcpartpicker picker, things are not always the same price from country to country.

Thanks, Simo

Last edited:

Ennobay

Diamond
Reaction score
The graphics card looks good! My brother just got close to the same one and runs all his games really smooth!
About the CPU: I don't think you'll really need that good/expensive of a CPU, since most games run (mostly) off of the GPU you don't need the best CPU. You could step down to a i5-3570k/4570k. Also, save the $ and don't get the "k" version unless you plan to overclock it. So if you step the CPU down you could save the $, buy a better GPU, spend the $ on somewhere else in the PC or buy me diamond donor (I like this choice xD)

If you step down the CPU here are some more things you could buy:
-SSD (For REALLY fast boot times)
-More ram (If you want the power:p)
-Upgrade the GPU to the 770?

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
The graphics card looks good! My brother just got close to the same one and runs all his games really smooth!
About the CPU: I don't think you'll really need that good/expensive of a CPU, since most games run (mostly) off of the GPU you don't need the best CPU. You could step down to a i5-3570k/4570k. Also, save the $ and don't get the "k" version unless you plan to overclock it. So if you step the CPU down you could save the $, buy a better GPU, spend the $ on somewhere else in the PC or buy me diamond donor (I like this choice xD)

If you step down the CPU here are some more things you could buy:
-SSD (For REALLY fast boot times)
-More ram (If you want the power:p)
-Upgrade the GPU to the 770?
Took the words out of my mouth. Do that and FPS-wise you will be set

Tyco

Career
Reaction score
Just make sure that CPU has the same socket that is on the motherboard of that computer.

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
Thank you for all the suggestions, but I have decided to build a new PC from scratch, so I am putting up the PCPartPicker link, and you guys could give me some feedback, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci