• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suicide

Evolta

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello. I've started playing MCSG again after a long time of abscence. I caught up with the new features but i would like to ask, why do points get deducted for commiting suicide?? I entered a game where i got onto high ground. I accidentally fell to a platform where i could not jump back up and its a longgg way down. So since i have no other choice, i just jumped for the fun of it. However, 5 points got deducted and awarded to a random player who i never fought with. (I didnt even see him). I never got hit by any other player so.. can someone explain? Thanks.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Somebody probably hit you (at least once) within 5 minutes prior to your fall.

Evolta

Diamond
Reaction score
No i'm serious. I did not rush in to the corn and i was alone. i did not take any damage..

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That's strange, no idea what would of caused that. o_O

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
If you got hit before 5 minutes prior to your death, you lose points. It sucks, I know, but we have to deal with it...If you never got hit, then it's probably a glitch and you'd have to bring it up with somebody else.

Evolta

Diamond
Reaction score
Even in MOBAs if you get killed by creeps its a 15second rule. Imo 5mins is just plain unreasoanble and stupid. That said.. i didnt get hit.. Damn glitch.. ):

Robaire

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello. I've started playing MCSG again after a long time of abscence. I caught up with the new features but i would like to ask, why do points get deducted for commiting suicide?? I entered a game where i got onto high ground. I accidentally fell to a platform where i could not jump back up and its a longgg way down. So since i have no other choice, i just jumped for the fun of it. However, 5 points got deducted and awarded to a random player who i never fought with. (I didnt even see him). I never got hit by any other player so.. can someone explain? Thanks.
this happend to me too, it went to a player that i know i had never fought before

PanuterNut

Experienced
Reaction score
There is no timer for not loosing points once you've been hit and the person who hit you is still on the server then you loose the points. This is because it would take to much server resource to keep a counter for each player in each server which would create way to much lag then its worth

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
He might have hit you with a fishing pole, which would have done no damage, but counted as a hit. Or he could have just gotten really lucky from some glitch :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci