• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Surface Impressions - Points VS Stats

Which is more important?

• Total voters

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Edit: This thread originated from a joke between me and OhFancy, because he had 2 points more than me (192/194) because I sponsored a friend nearly the entire menu, but I have better Stats :p

You log into a game. You see a player with a lot of points, and check their stats, only to find that they have relatively few wins, and a less-than-ideal ratio.

Or, alternatively:
You log into a game, and find out that a player has a large amount of wins, a 1/5 ratio, but almost 0 points - virtually none at all!

Which makes a bigger difference to you?

Most experienced players would agree that the wins are what count. Points can be bountied away, used to sponsor Tributes, and lost easily. Records, however, last longer and are clearer indications of a person's experience.

However, players who are new to the network and unfamiliar with the workings of the Survival Games Bounty and Stats system may have the impression that the number next to your name is significant, and the color of your name. After all, who wouldn't be impressed with a player walking around with a bright blue or green name, and a four-digit figure?

Taking into account both new and old players, would you say that a high number of points or a high number of wins (or a good ratio) is more significant in terms of surface impressions?

I recently had an uber-srs conversation with OhFancy about whether wins or points are more important, and he put his money on points, whereas I insisted that your records carried more weight.

What do you say? Points, or stats?

(psst: if you don't vote stats you're gonna get 'em reset)

Last edited:

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I don't really see how points make someone good or not. Famous people could get a bounty of 10k on their heads and then their fans could /kill in death match, while they are absolutely horrible. Can anyone explain to me how points leave more of a good impression than wins? OhFancy

bridgedragon

Diamond
Reaction score
The stats. If they have a ridiculous high number of points maybe someone bountied them. But with stats it's different. There's no lying there. If they have like a 1/3 ratio you know they're good. If they have a ridiculous high number of points, someone probably bountied them and they won the game. I can see why a lot of newer players would think points though.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
You do not know the full story, I have 2 more points than Moo, which then means that I am infact the better player.

- Note this in its entirity is a joke and I agree with Mooclan. :>

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
You do not know the full story, I have 2 more points than Moo, which then means that I am infact the better player.

- Note this in its entirity is a joke and I agree with Mooclan. :>
So Moo is bringing this out of context? I take back my vote of cows for pugs.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I just realised how stupid this makes me look ;-; rip

K

KiDD

Hmmm, in most cases, (at this point in time), players are more concerned of statistics than the amount of points a player has. Sure, I can always agree having a lot of points is cool and what not, but compared to statistics, they're not as important.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
People are more impressed by wins, but if I saw a #1000 player with a low amount of points, I might not take him/her seriously.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci