• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES: 4 Player Death Match

RobertNotDeniro

Platinum
Reaction score
Many players have been complaining about those pesky 2v1s in Death match. Well, why don't we have a 4 player Death match?
  • Adds fairness to deathmatch
  • Deathmatch will be more intense as it adds more people
  • Games go by faster

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think this is a good idea but I'm just curious what some high ranked staff members think of this.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
-3 teams would be harder to kill
-games would go by way too fast
-we like to keep an original feel, and the climax to "The Hunger Games" was, in fact, a 3-person one
-hackers and teams are harder to kill in deathmatch due to less space, so the game would just be harder
-players wouldn't have a chance to go for long chest routes
-more confusion
-more cleanups

I see why you think this would be good, but I want you to counter my ideas well enough for me to support you.

RobertNotDeniro

Platinum
Reaction score
-3 teams would be harder to kill
-games would go by way too fast
-we like to keep an original feel, and the climax to "The Hunger Games" was, in fact, a 3-person one
-hackers and teams are harder to kill in deathmatch due to less space, so the game would just be harder
-players wouldn't have a chance to go for long chest routes
-more confusion
-more cleanups

I see why you think this would be good, but I want you to counter my ideas well enough for me to support you.
"more confusion", "more cleanups"? I don't get what you mean. "players wouldn't have a chance to go for long chest routes", what does that even have to do with a 4 player Death match. I personally think a 4 player Death match would give the game a greater feel of intensity. Also, if you face a 2 team, you can team with the other player to make the game more fair.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
"more confusion", "more cleanups"? I don't get what you mean. "players wouldn't have a chance to go for long chest routes", what does that even have to do with a 4 player Death match. I personally think a 4 player Death match would give the game a greater feel of intensity. Also, if you face a 2 team, you can team with the other player to make the game more fair.
Yes, but chat teaming makes it likely for you to get backstabbed. Once someone would get a kill, someone would clean up, then someone would clean them up.

4 player deathmatches speed up the game too much. Most SG games last 15 minutes, and unless you want to bring that down to 10, 4 player deathmatch would be too quick. Besides, the people who camp at spawn will get more stacked than players going for chest routes, and that means the strategy of knowing the map is no longer the best way to win.

Refill would never happen with 4-man DM.

"More confusion" means that there are more people to keep track of. With 4 man DM, players spread out more. You are squeezed between two guys, and then there's another, so it makes sense. You would have to dodge arrows from one person, run away from a stacked player, and try not to make enemies with the last guy. That would be very difficult to process and avoid.

"A feel of greater intensity." I see where you are coming from, but fighting a team and worrying about the last guy sneaking up on you doesn't make "intense" sound like such a great thing.

hdwisiaaof

Diamond
Reaction score
3v1s tho

2 man deathmatch is the only real solution, plus it's SUPER NOSTALGIC ^_^

RobertNotDeniro

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, but chat teaming makes it likely for you to get backstabbed. Once someone would get a kill, someone would clean up, then someone would clean them up.

4 player deathmatches speed up the game too much. Most SG games last 15 minutes, and unless you want to bring that down to 10, 4 player deathmatch would be too quick. Besides, the people who camp at spawn will get more stacked than players going for chest routes, and that means the strategy of knowing the map is no longer the best way to win.

Refill would never happen with 4-man DM.

"More confusion" means that there are more people to keep track of. With 4 man DM, players spread out more. You are squeezed between two guys, and then there's another, so it makes sense. You would have to dodge arrows from one person, run away from a stacked player, and try not to make enemies with the last guy. That would be very difficult to process and avoid.

"A feel of greater intensity." I see where you are coming from, but fighting a team and worrying about the last guy sneaking up on you doesn't make "intense" sound like such a great thing.
I see where you're going. However, how does just increasing just one death match participant make refill not happen. Also, If you face a team of 2 and you decide to team with the other player, it adds more strategy to the game as you could let your teammate go in first and you can backstab right after he kills them. I don't see the confusion in a 4 player Death match. "You would have to dodge arrows from one person, run away from a stacked player, and try not to make enemies with the last guy. That would be very difficult to process and avoid", exactly, thats what makes the game intense and not easy to win. You wouldn't want a game where you win without a challenge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci