• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games: Advanced Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzardbow

Survivor
Reaction score
These are some more advanced tips. Read this if you really want to go for a win.

1. KNOW THE MAP. You must know the map, and where MOST CHESTS are. The more chests you loot, the better your chance of winning.

2. COOK FOOD IF YOU CAN. Cooked food heals alot more than raw food. Sticks are quite common in most chests. A furnace is located in the abandoned wood house island on the first map, and in the gas station or pink house (Crypt) in the second map.

3. KNOW YOUR FOOD. Know how much each food heals, read the wiki for this. You don't want to waste food by eating a steak when you have 9 hunger bars. Especially in 48 player matches, food is a rarity. To conserve hunger, don't sprint unless necessary. (basic tips)

4. BOOTS. If you have played enough games, you notice that all the chests you loot (not the center) have all the leather gear except boots. Therefore you need to craft it or loot it from the centre. A full set of armor is important as it gives more armor.

5. KEEP TRACK OF TIME. You will want to plan a route to make it back to the centre by night time. As the chests in the centre have the best loot and refill every night, at about sunset.

6. IRON SWORD. Try and get a iron sword crafted by the first night. There are other workbenches in the map aside from the centre. Memorise their locations.

7. PLAN A ROUTE. Plan a good loot route if possible to get the most chests in a small period of time.

8. FLINT, FEATHERS, STICKS. 4 arrows. The more arrows the better.

9. LOOK LEFT, RIGHT, BACK. Do this often to see if there are people trying to sneak up on you.

10. SWIM UNDERWATER if you are being shot at by a bow. It is harder for them to hit you if you are under water.

11. RUN from people you know you can't fight.

12. OPTIFINE. If you are lagging, this speeds up the game and you can edit it. Plus you can press control to zoom in and see a guy further away.

13. SPRINT-JUMP is faster than just normal sprinting. If your head is directly under a block (2 height) and you sprint jump, you will move super fast. But, it uses more hunger. Use when necessary.

14. KNOW YOUR ARMOR. Know how much each piece of armor gives to your armor bar and you can estimate if you can take an enemy this way.

15. GOLD ARMOR, NOT SWORD. If you have gold ingots, craft gold armor or golden apples instead of a gold sword. A gold sword is as WORSE than a wood one.

16. ENCHANTING. Risky. Very Risky. Only on the first map. The Enchanting Table is located in a temple in the middle of the ocean near the twin towers. You need to jump/parkour to get to it. However enchanting can give you a very good advantage over others. An iron sword enchanted with sharpness I will do as much damage as a diamond sword
Good enchantments are: Fire Aspect and Sharpness.

17. LOOK WEAKER THAN YOU ACTUALLY ARE, FOR KILLS. If you have noticed, people tend to run from you when they see your weapon. Let's say you have an iron sword and a wood sword. Put the iron sword in slot 1 and the wood sword in 2. Always hold the wood sword, especially when looking at other tributes, they will think you aren't that powerful and might run towards you, then take out your iron sword and kill them for points

18. SENSITIVITY. Keep it high, so that you can turn around fast in case.

19. NO AGGRO (NOT CONFIRMED). It seems that if you stand directly on top of the workbench in the cornucopia, mobs don't attack you.

20. KILL IF YOU CAN. If you have decent armor and a good sword, go for kills. It speeds up the game and you get more points. Try not to let people get away, as if they do, they may come back stronger than they were before.

21. NEVER CAMP. The more you move, the more chests you get, the higher your chance of winning!

22. LOOKOUT WHEN OPENING CHESTS, USING WORKBENCHES. People can sneak up on you, especially in the cornucopia, don't open a chest and look inside for more than 5 seconds or use the workbench too long. It just takes 5 seconds for someone to come out of the trees to get you.

23. DIVIDE AND CONQUER. If you see two people fighting, sneak up and watch them fight, and when one dies, rush in as quick as possible and kill the winner, as he will most probably be low on health, this way you get two peoples items! The guy you killed will be REALLY angry.

24. BRIGHTNESS. Bright to 100% for better view at night.

25. TEAMS. If you run into them, make sure you are better armored than both of them and have a good sword. Try and separate the team and kill them one by one, never let yourself be surrounded by them.

26. CONCENTRATION. The final tip to winning.

That's all for now. I will add more if I think of more

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You forgot a thing, the sprint-jump (most of the people know this), but there is 1 more trick whole sprinting: if your head is directly under a block, then sprint and tap your jump button as often as you can you basically get a huger speedboost then, so its easy to get away from spawn with all the trees. I would like to see this added.
Sorry if there are mistakes, english is not my main language.
Good Luck winning! ;D

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Also on Tip Number 2 you forgot the furnace near the nuclear power station in the house beside the water tower with the tree on it.

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Mash Mouse1 and Mouse2 to attack and block at the same time. You take 50% damage while still stealing 100% damage.

Mushroom stew can be crafted without a crafting table.

Golden swords suck. Use your gold bars to make golden apples instead.

You can kill an opponent very easily in the water. Stay underneath him and you will hit him but he can't hit you.

Before every game, don't tell anyone, but try to drink computer parts so you have access to every tip tread ever created on the internet through your brain alone.

Xoncom

Tribute
Reaction score
Hm... so an iron sword enchanted with sharpness I does as much damage as an iron sword... damn, i need to rethink my strategy!

OrangeSpark

Spectator
Reaction score
I have a suggestion: know ahead of time if items in the chests are randomized. If they're not, memorize what's in them so you can raid them first.

Stampy Dog

Spectator
Reaction score
tip run into woods at beginning but stay inside once the blood bath is over go back in and search chest people normally run once they have items and chests get left over

Calebrox124

Platinum
Reaction score
@Stampy
That's usually not the case; I've seen a lot of teams that camp the Cornucopia waiting for the chests to refill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci