• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games Guide / Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
Today, I'm going to write down some few things, I believe are useful and will help you on your way to victory in SG.

Please note, this is a guide for beginners. But if you believe you might have forgotten some things, read this over again.

PvP Tactics:

Sword:

- CRITICAL HITS.
These are what we call 'crits', they are performed, by jumping and hitting your opponent while you are landing. If performed correctly, particles will appear and you will have done 50-100% more damage to your opponent than a non-crit would.

- STRAFING.
Strafing is probably one of the most common tactics that are used in PvP, though it is not easy to perform. This is also known as 'ring around the rosy' which explains it all. You have to, basically, run towards the side of your opponent and hit them on either their left or right side. Your opponent will find it harder to hit you that way.

- BLOCK-HITTING.
Blockhitting can only be performed with a sword.
Blockhitting is a useful tactic, though, can be the key to many loses. Though it is good to use, you should not perform it all the time. How it works is basically, when you are fighting someone, you right click, left click, right click, left click all the time with your sword, causing you to block and hit at the same time. If performed correctly, you will reduce the damage that is done to you by 50%. Oh, and while we're at blocking, when there is no escape and your opponent is sniping you, block! It reduces A LOT of damage.

Bow:

- Shooting your opponent while they're running away.
It's self explanatory, just bow your opponent while their running away. Bare in mind that you should aim a bit further than where they are, so they run into your shot.

- Shooting while getting chased.
This a good tactic, though it can get you easily killed. While you are running, turn around every now and then and hit the person that is chasing you with your arrow, then repeat it again until he's low enough on health to fight.

- Shoot in water.
If you have a bow and arrow, and your in water, SHOOT YOUR OPPONENT! It's easy to get them while their in water.

Fishing Rod:

- Boosting your team-mate.

When you're chasing someone, either on land in water, boost your team-mate with your fishing rod. Another thing, you can boost your opponents into things.

- The Fishing Rod Tactic.
One of THE most difficult tactics of all time, I shall warn you.
When you're going at your opponent, fishing rod them and hit him a few times with your sword, repeat this and you will get amazing combos!

Other:

- Cobwebs.
Can be used in various ways.
One way is the to place them so your opponent gets stuck in them and gets you an easy kill. Another is a get-away route, by jumping by a height and placing it so you don't take damage.

- Flint and Steel
Its the most OP secondary weapon you can use (except the bow). You can use it in defence and offence. It could be used in several different ways, such as burning your useless items, PvP and more! Although, sometimes it could disintegrate very fast after you rapidly use it.

My way of taking out teams, or someone that out-gears you :

Basically,
when your opponent is chasing you (or a team), turn around fast, if you have a bow and/or a fishing rod, strike them once and run the other way, do the same all the time and end up killing them! It confuses them so much.. If it's a team, target one of them.

Also, with teams, single out one of them and take as much time as you need.

A few tips for SG:

- Always have chest-routes.
- If you think you'll get targeted, skip spawn.
- Don't yolo.
- Always keep your hunger full.
- If you are lacking food, don't sprint.
- Don't chase someone the whole game.
- Never miss your route.
- Always clean up and try to sneak up if possible.

Suggest more below!

Last edited:

MC_Zanax

Spectator
Reaction score
You didn't put the FnS in there (or at least i think you didn't). FnS means Flint and Steal, its the most OP secondary weapo you can use (except the bow). You can use it in defence and offence.

ewa627

Tribute
Reaction score
I dont think its a good idea to ''boost'' your teammate on land. It doesnt help unless in water because it ruins their sprint. Good post though.

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
I think that it is better to turn and hit them with a fishing rod than a bow, because it will knock them back further, and makes it harder to hit you, so you might not die. Besides that, it's a really informative guide, that will help a lot of players! :)

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
Always clean up and try to sneak up if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci