• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banterologist_

Experienced
Reaction score
Hey, here is my idea for sg.

I'm thinking they should add as well as 24/48 player games, 8/12 player games. That would be fun!

Who else agrees?

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Hey, here is my idea for sg.

I'm thinking they should add as well as 24/48 player games, 8/12 player games. That would be fun!

Who else agrees?
No! That would be abused and people will boost on there! Imagine a 3+ team on there.
The 24 man games are the standard games (based on the Hunger Games movies).
The 48 and 120 servers are if people want to play with a big group.

Lis

Career
Reaction score
I like having 24/48 player games. Games with less people would be too short for my liking. :C

V3dock

Experienced
Reaction score
no, the games would end way to quickly and teams would be overpowered.

Lis

Career
Reaction score
I get you guys, but teaming in 8/12 player games could be a ban able offence
That would just create more reports/work for moderators to deal with, there isn't really a point. 24/48 servers are just fine. Plus, there are times when the lobbies start with 6-12 people.

V3dock

Experienced
Reaction score
I just don't see the point in 8/12 servers.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
It could just be for something different I guess.
it could be an interesting idea! Maybe they could do it so the armor rankings were a little less, like the best you could get was full chain/gold and stone sword and getting an iron helmet is compatible to getting a diamond helmet in regular just to prevent games from ending fast.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hey there!

I like where you are coming from, however I do not see these servers being added anytime soon. For our Survival Games game type, we like to stay as close to the original story as possible. And that was also the reason why they originally went with 24 man servers, as there are 24 tributes in a Hunger Games game. And the 48 ones were added to represent the Second Quarter Quell, were 48 tributes were sent into the arena. For the 120 servers, I believe those were simply added to create a mass player game of SG and in case popular Youtube or Streamers would like to play with their fan base, if it would be a bigger one.

Servers were you would only need 12 or 8 players just seem too empty in my opinion, and it's not close to the original idea anymore. It would also be heaven for boosters to gain their wins even more easily. Lastly, I doubt if players would find it interesting to play on those servers. Not to call your suggestion bad, but hey, look at our other game modes. SG has always been the most popular one and will most likely remain that way until MCG would shut down. People will stick to what they're used to and mainly use the 24 man servers.

It seems as this thread was going into another direction either way, for example suggesting lower ranked armor in chests or less OP items to make the games last longer. If you wish to elaborate on that idea, feel free to create a new Suggestion Thread.

Thread Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci