• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Tips for Survival Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkyingaround

Spectator
Reaction score
1. Do not sprint unless you have to. It's a waste of hunger.
2. If you see a weaker player, and they are perfectly aware they are weaker, try to ally with them. Allying with weaker tributes is great because it is more difficult for them to betray you, not to mention they're more likely to join up with you. After all, if they refuse, you can just kill them instead.
3. The shift button is your new friend. See someone deadly-looking heading your way? Get behind something and sneak. Sneaking makes your nametag less-visible, and when a block is in the way, your nametag dissapears entirely. They'll walk right past you without even knowing you were there. Of course, this only works if they haven't seen you yet.
4. When you attack, click both mouse buttons instead of just the left one. You'll attack then block, and if they happen to hit you during that time it will reduce damage.
5. Check behind you. It is easy to sneak up on someone when they don't.
6. Many people say either always go for the cornucopia or never go for the cornucopia. Both options have pro's and con's. If you do go for it, you can find weapons and armor or just a few random ingredients that are currently useless to you. If you don't, you will have first dibs on any chests nearby, but if you can't find any chests then you're screwed. When going for it, rush in, grab everything you can from one chest, and run. If the chest you checked is empty, sucks for you. Staying longer increases your risk of dying, and all the other chests are probably emptied now anyway. If you don't go for it, you should probably have a basic idea of where you can find some chests.
7. Surround yourself with four-leaf clovers and avoid black cats. Seriously, half of the Survival Games depends on your luck. You can find ten chests, each one filled with just armor, then die of starvation because you found no food.
8. Get to know the Arena. As you play more and more, places will start to be familiar to you, and you can gradually figure out which way to go to get the maximum amount of chests.
9. At night, find somewhere safe. It is easy to get killed by monsters.
10. If you find armor, weapons, and food the first day, get back to the cornucopia. At midnight, the chests will refill, leaving all that loot for the taking. Chances are someone else is going to have the same idea, though, so this is best if you have a large team or very good armor and weapons.

Alexducky

Survivor
Reaction score
Those are some good tips you can give new players :) Nicely said

MrBobthecool

Survivor
Reaction score
These are good tips :D
You should be able to use them to increase your victory count tho...

Muhlex

Tribute
Reaction score
For new players, these tips are great. Well done! ;)

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
This is an awesome thread! Though I'm gonna have to disagree with some of your points.

1. Sprinting is fine. Even sprint-jumping. The only time you should absolutely avoid sprinting around is if you know you aren't gonna have enough food to regenerate your hunger, which you should have most of the time, if you've been raiding enough chests.

2. My general rule of thumb is never to ally weaker players than myself. Allying is only a benefit to the weaker player, because it is easier for him to backstab you than it is for him to win in a straight up fight against you. If he is weaker than you, he isn't really gonna be of any use to you in future fights anyway, unless you're absolutely certain that a big team is around, where you need as much fighting power as possible. (Personally i've only beaten teams up to
4 players on my own, so i would say that a "big team" qualifies as 4+ players.)

3. While this is a good tip, it is highly dependent on the terrain you're in. In a forest for example, this can be really easy to pull off if done right. But in a wide open area it is always a better choice to run away until you hit a spot where you can either, A. do the above mentioned or B. somehow get an advantage in the terrain where you're able to beat him in a fight. Climbing up on buildings and relying on punching the other guy off is a good example of B.

6. A good idea if you're going for the corn is to have your first chests being some that you think are unknown to most others. Where as having a your first chest as very known one, when not going for the corn, is fine, because you should be able to reach it first anyway. On my route i have like 2 very known and 3 lesser known chests in the very beginning, which basically insures that i get stuff, even when i go for the corn (which i do every game, but you can certainly win without. You just have to have a route that includes a lot of chests).

9. If you have decent armour, weapons and just a bit of food (which you should have if you've raided enough chests the day before) then going out in the night is completely okay. The thing is not to do fights against mobs that aren't necessary. And the key is to always be away of your surroundings when actually going into a mob-fight, because right after or under a mob-fight is the point in the game where you're the most vulnerable.

10. There's no real reason to go back to the corn right away. It is a good idea to include it in around the middle of your route, just to see if there's some easy kills, but other than that you should try to get as many kills (of people that actually have stuff of worth, ignore those who havent) and chests around the map during the day. Time is key. Sitting around waiting is a waste of time most of the time.

I like the idea of a tips'n'tricks thread. I might add some later myself, if that is okay. :p

monkyingaround

Spectator
Reaction score
These are good tips :D
You should be able to use them to increase your victory count tho...
I suck at pvp :p I can use the tips to get myself to the top 3, but there's no way for me to survive a deathmatch without improving my skills or getting extremely lucky.
This is an awesome thread! Though I'm gonna have to disagree with some of your points.

1. Sprinting is fine. Even sprint-jumping. The only time you should absolutely avoid sprinting around is if you know you aren't gonna have enough food to regenerate your hunger, which you should have most of the time, if you've been raiding enough chests.

2. My general rule of thumb is never to ally weaker players than myself. Allying is only a benefit to the weaker player, because it is easier for him to backstab you than it is for him to win in a straight up fight against you. If he is weaker than you, he isn't really gonna be of any use to you in future fights anyway, unless you're absolutely certain that a big team is around, where you need as much fighting power as possible. (Personally i've only beaten teams up to
4 players on my own, so i would say that a "big team" qualifies as 4+ players.)

3. While this is a good tip, it is highly dependent on the terrain you're in. In a forest for example, this can be really easy to pull off if done right. But in a wide open area it is always a better choice to run away until you hit a spot where you can either, A. do the above mentioned or B. somehow get an advantage in the terrain where you're able to beat him in a fight. Climbing up on buildings and relying on punching the other guy off is a good example of B.

6. A good idea if you're going for the corn is to have your first chests being some that you think are unknown to most others. Where as having a your first chest as very known one, when not going for the corn, is fine, because you should be able to reach it first anyway. On my route i have like 2 very known and 3 lesser known chests in the very beginning, which basically insures that i get stuff, even when i go for the corn (which i do every game, but you can certainly win without. You just have to have a route that includes a lot of chests).

9. If you have decent armour, weapons and just a bit of food (which you should have if you've raided enough chests the day before) then going out in the night is completely okay. The thing is not to do fights against mobs that aren't necessary. And the key is to always be away of your surroundings when actually going into a mob-fight, because right after or under a mob-fight is the point in the game where you're the most vulnerable.

10. There's no real reason to go back to the corn right away. It is a good idea to include it in around the middle of your route, just to see if there's some easy kills, but other than that you should try to get as many kills (of people that actually have stuff of worth, ignore those who havent) and chests around the map during the day. Time is key. Sitting around waiting is a waste of time most of the time.

I like the idea of a tips'n'tricks thread. I might add some later myself, if that is okay. :p
Cool, I think I learned some things :p About 2, though, maybe I should edit the tip a bit to clarify. The thing about weaker players, is generally there isn't much of an advantage from killing them. Their armor and weapons probably aren't as good as yours. They may have food and ingredients, but they're likely to share them with you since you are allied. (If they don't, remind them that you're the one with the weapons, armor, and power.) I think the key is them acting as if they are weaker, not them being weaker. Or, at least, players that don't rush at you on sight, but watch you warily from a distance and look ready to flee. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never gotten betrayed that way before. (Of course, I also watch my ally constantly, that may have something to do with it :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci