• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Texting While Driving - Anonymous Survey

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
In a survey taken by adolescents ages thirteen to eighteen, 95% of teenagers attest to the fact that Distracted Driving is a serious problem globally.
  • Of the 95%, 35% of the kids admit to Texting while Driving, despite the danger.
Immortality Complex: 77% of teenagers and young adults feel confident in their ability to Text while operating a Motor Vehicle. In 2011 alone, 23% of all auto collisions were directly related to Cell Phone Use.
  • This percentage equates to over 1,600,000 car crashes.
The Cognitive Distraction Scale is a measure of a person's distraction from specific tasks. This scale runs from zero to five, five being completely distracted from the task at hand.

While driving, the following activities have been tested and measured for overall Cognitive Distraction.

Using a Handheld Device -
  • Cognitive Distraction: 2.45
Using a Hands free Device -
  • Cognitive Distraction: 2.75
Using Speech-To-Text Application -
  • Cognitive Distraction: 3.06
While driving, having a Cognitive Distraction of 2.00 or greater is sufficient to increase your chance of fatal collision 23 fold.

In the year 2012, 3,328 people met their fates in fatal collisions caused by Distracted Driving. 421,000 injuries in total.
  • Annually, these numbers increase by approximately 9%.
While driving at 55 Miles Per Hour (88.5 Kilometers Per Hour), a person can cross an entire American football field in the time it takes to read one Text Message.

11 Teenagers are killed every day due to Driving Negligence.
Sorry about that little spiel of facts. However, they only confirm that Texting while Driving is a serious problem, and it needs to be righted.

As a Senior in High School, partnered with three of my colleagues, we are seeking to help solve the monstrous problem of Distracted Driving. However, in order to do that, we must understand the size of the problem in practical application.

Please take a moment to fill out this survey:
Survey
Expanded URL

Please be part of the solution, not another statistic. Share this with your friend, and we can all work together to end Texting while Driving.
“I just have no clue at all how somebody could be so stupid, selfish, and just down right rotten enough to be able to take their attention off of operating a speeding battering ram in order to do something as pointless as and meaningless as send a text message.”
-Paul Shirey

Reaction score
Interesting.... I always love a survey! Seems like a great way to help out a little :D

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Despite me not being able to drive, but my goodness, I would love an application that helps with texting and driving, this will definitely be useful for my mother. :D

Also, will the application be enabled manually? Or will it be possible to automatically enable it?

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Despite me not being able to drive, but my goodness, I would love an application that helps with texting and driving, this will definitely be useful for my mother. :D

Also, will the application be enabled manually? Or will it be possible to automatically enable it?
There's still a lot of ambiguity on the solution, though we've nearly decided on a device that's enabled automatically when you dock it in your car.

Axanite | Liam

Plate head.
Reaction score
Only another 6 months till I can take my test cause I'm legally allowed to take my theory then... :D Either way, still did the survey.

NotCanziano

Diamond
Reaction score
People who use their phones will driving are utter bastards, imo. (Sorry about the language).

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Going to be honest I text and drive all the time. Don't even look at my phone most of the time when I'm texting. I've also never been pulled over or gotten in any accidents. I've had my licsenss for 2 years now. Filled it out the survey by the way.

Quick question is this for a school project or something haha?

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
People who use their phones will driving are utter bastards, imo. (Sorry about the language).
To be completely honest with you, unless you have driven before you can't say anything. Sometimes it's fairly important to answer a text or a phone call. Let's say your grandmother had just had a heart attack and your family had to get a hold of you? What do you do then? Do you not answer because "you can wait". It pisses me off when people say stuff like that. You can't just "wait", most of the time when I do text or call someone while I'm driving its for something important. So don't call people "utter bastards" for answering something that could be important. I admit some people that use their phone while driving are idiots, however you can't make the assumption that everyone doing so is a total moron.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci