• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The 5th MCGamer Awards (Quarter Quell Edition): Nominations Now Open!

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
I'm excited to see how this turns out. It's really pleasing to see that we are restricting certain categories, and we have new categories that give more people a chance to shine. Really great job on this!
Well, even if they're removed off the network, they still left a dent and a reputation in the community. If they deserve the award, they should be granted it, banned or not. That just seems ridiculous to me. And still, the large following still may have nothing to do with their skill level in a subject. Even if quackeryy had 50k, he'd still be good the same way he is now. What if whoever were to win without the fan base, had one anyways? Of course, disqualify huahwi or anything like that, but i dont think you should auto-disqualify people with a fanbase. You should just base it off of skill and skill alone based on the category.
I disagree. Banned players may have left a "dent" on the community, but in most cases, that was a bad dent. Players are banned for breaking the rules, not for devoted time and service. Also, we can't be promoting banned players. Part of the purpose of the MCG awards is to show who are the good contributors and role models in the community.

As for the following restrictions, they have to be implemented. If you were here for the last MCG awards, (according to your forum account, you've been here two weeks) then you would understand what a big problem this was. Lovelights got picked in five categories, many of which he didn't deserve or even want, hence why he doesn't want to be eligible for anything this time around. He got hate just for winning some of those things, but it wasn't his fault. If we don't put restrictions, then big Youtubers will take awards from people who really deserve them. It will be better this way.

Sawk

Diamond
Reaction score
I wonder who'll win Best Youtuber, VIP, Streamer and Pvper... cogh cogh

Cystolith

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm excited to see how this turns out. It's really pleasing to see that we are restricting certain categories, and we have new categories that give more people a chance to shine. Really great job on this!

I disagree. Banned players may have left a "dent" on the community, but in most cases, that was a bad dent. Players are banned for breaking the rules, not for devoted time and service. Also, we can't be promoting banned players. Part of the purpose of the MCG awards is to show who are the good contributors and role models in the community.

As for the following restrictions, they have to be implemented. If you were here for the last MCG awards, (according to your forum account, you've been here two weeks) then you would understand what a big problem this was. Lovelights got picked in five categories, many of which he didn't deserve or even want, hence why he doesn't want to be eligible for anything this time around. He got hate just for winning some of those things, but it wasn't his fault. If we don't put restrictions, then big Youtubers will take awards from people who really deserve them. It will be better this way.
wrong by far. People get unfairly banned all the time for example: Justltheworst. He got banned for saying "4hed" so how is it a bad dent he left? Don't be hypnotized the way staff wants you to be that banned players are bad people.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone! Hoping to see some awesome competition! :D

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
anyway Huahwi is gonna win most of them -_-
If you read carefully, the Best VIP and PvP'r will not be effected by Fanbase. So, i would predict they will lower his votes by X amount, or just discriminate him completely

Kyle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
wrong by far. People get unfairly banned all the time for example: Justltheworst. He got banned for saying "4hed" so how is it a bad dent he left? Don't be hypnotized the way staff wants you to be that banned players are bad people.
If someone is unfairly banned, they can submit a ban dispute, and it will not be used against them.

If someone is permanently banned and it is upheld, then there is no reason to publicly recognize them. Sure, they may have left a dent, but their overall lasting impression is negative and we do not want to be promoting that. This decision is for the greater good of the community.

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Awesome catagories :) Can't wait to see who will arise as winners from the 5th MCGamer Awards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci