• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Adventures of Joshkey the Sr Mod (My MCSG Story)

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well well well here we are after being at this community for a very long time (over a year) and seen lots and lots of these mcsg story things i felt it was about time to share my own story with all you wonderful people. I will start from the very beginning and mention as many people as i can so you might want to sit back get a cup of tea and some popcorn whilst you read it. Unless you want to wait for Morgan Freeman to do an audio book on this or Spielberg to make a film about it.

So to begin with i hate you all goodbye.

Jkjk i love you guys soooo much so here we go.

At the very beginning of time i use to play classic minecraft on my terrible parents computer. I can remember making really horrible wool buildings and absolutely loving my time in the game. A couple of months down the line a bought the game and started playing survival which kept me entertained for hours. But like a lot of people i started to get bored of it, I wanted something new and exciting but felt that my home computer couldn't handle the online world lol. So i waited until i left home to go to university because by then i had bought an amazing gaming laptop for course work and uni stuff. (but really i didn’t do any of that stuff, i just played games on it hehe.) At university if any of you are wondering im on a course called "Performance for Live and Recorded Media" Which basically means that I am training to become and actor which is my wild dream that I am chasing. But back to minecraft, so after arriving at university i was very scared and wasn't the most social person so i played minecraft as an escape from the real world. I began on a small building community where we mined and sold blocks to buy items and build amazingly terrible buildings but i found a place that i was welcomed in. I loved this server for a very long time until things started to change and buildings got removed, i also wanted to find a community that was closer with its players. So i found another small server, here all i basically did was kick ass at spleef all the time as i was first on their leader boards for a long time. As i wanted to make more friends i heard that this community had TeamSpeak (i had no idea what this was at the time) so i joined and started to make friends there. After a while though i felt that the people i was hanging around with where not very nice and where jerks to each other so i left. And that’s when there was a little gap between communities.

As i was coming to the end of my first year of uni i began to feel really lonely and isolated which was about the same time that the yogscast where playing the survival games on their channel. I watched this and loved every second of it as im a big fan of the hunger games series. So when i saw in the video description a link to mcsg i was excited to get stuck in.

Now this is where all the mcsg goodness comes in so let’s take a short break, drink some tea, kill a few noobs and then return....

Ok welcome back i hope the noob killing went well so where was i. Oh yeh MCSG, so when i first arrived at this server it amazed me. I mean i loved the game play and i absolutely sucked at it haha but i kept trying and kept getting better. Now when it came to friends on here i was a bit skeptical because a couple months ago a felt that having online friends was a little weird (now most of my friends are online and i love it). So i met this dude in a game (really soz can’t remember his name) but we teamed a few times, i added him on Skype and we kicked some ass. After a couple days on the server i then discovered the forums and kind of applied for mod a couple days later which i had no idea how to do so i made this thread http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/mod-application-help.3591/#post-25628. Which looking back on made me realize how noobish i was back there but also shows than with time and a positive mind set anyone can become staff if they truly want it and deserve it. (Obviously i got denied as i had only been playing for a few weeks). So after getting denied i kept my chin up and continued loving mcsg, i loved it so much that i felt that an adventure map that i was working on would be better as a mcsg map. I began working on this straight away building villages, adding the corn and mapping out the basics for the map but i needed help. So i went on the forums and began asking for help which the original thread for it is here http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/the-great-pyramid.4029/. This is where i first met some great people such as @juanhbk1 @ShaunDepro @cameron224 @Teije @Und3adK1w15 @cheezstiks and many more people. As i progressed on with the map i wanted to try to re-apply for mod so i did. A couple days later i got a reply from @Favorlock telling me that my app had been accepted and that i could come on ts for an interview.

I woke up very early in the morning and jumped on team speak for possibly the first time on mcsg ( can’t remember though, my memory is bad lol) I then got dragged into a meeting room with @Karoleigh where i had a group interviewed with @Antster360 @Hyrulekid and one other guy (can’t remember but i thing they didn't get in). As we all got interviews at the same time these where the first 2 people i actual met first on the TeamSpeak. After i got accepted and welcomed in to the community with open arms i got a message from a strange, back stabbing swede called @guggex8 saying congrats and that his interview was tomorrow. Little did i know that he would get accepted as well and then become one of my best friends on mcsg. So when i got accepted all i did was hang around with gug as i was scared to talk to the other staff at the time and me and gug where having a lot of fun. Then i started to meet some amazing people such as @GibboAssassin @MyNameIsSaar @Darlo2k4 @Bicentennial_Man @NightmareKitten @KattiiMia yeh the list could go on. But i had finally found a home in MCSG where i was liked and respected.

As the months went on i started to get more known in the community and eventually Kharmunrah finally got released and accepted onto the server. (people love it or hate it to this day and i honestly don't mind what people think about it, it was an honor to even have it put on.) So as the months progressed the team that helped me build kharmunrah joined forces with fake tweran (long story maybe another time) and @NorthyO to create what is now known as Team Elite. T.E started of small but because of the team i met some more amazing people like @Dave who i met when trying to work out some Redstone lift contraption thingy that he came to help me with. He tells me he was intimated by me or something which soon dissipated and now he things he is the boss of me because he is an admin whereas in reality im his boss jkjk, but he is another of my greatest friends on mcsg even though we have the odd disagreement (im usually always right ;) ). As my memory sucks and i can’t remember exactly when i met him (i think at the end of building kharmunrah) i will now mention @kezzer1995 . I met kez i think working on kharmunrah but i remember him coming to me for help on someone abusing him haha poor kez. After that we hung out a lot and became great friends and has made my time at mcsg amazing and extra rainbow drizzely :D. (That’s some guy love shizzle right there). I will also mention everyone who has made an impact on me at the very end also. Later on i headed off to minecon in Paris where i met up and shared a room with guggex. (stuff happened giggidy there are pics don’t ask ;) ). But i had a great time and i met @ChadTheDJ , @inthelittlewood , clank, perdro, beepbop, lots of tv members and i got drunk with a few fyreuk members it was awesome. So as i got back and stuff continued i started to get a little depressed and bored of some mcsg stuff manly because of all the mcsg vs. the hive business and a lot of my good friends like guggex moved over there. Plus real life wasn't going totally great as well but i stuck with mcsg for all it had done for me and i kept trucking along. Then lots of new amazing people came, there are too many to mention but i will list a few at the bottom but they started to make mcsg better for me as I’ve always loved this community.

Things get a little blurry in this area so my time that i say things happened at might be wrong. That is a lot of text there so let’s take another break this time though i want you to give hugs to everyone on mcsg.

Ok im getting tired of righting so let’s try to end this quick. So after all that my mood has been up and down, not having a good time, having an amazing time, i can’t count how many times I’ve almost left t.e lol but im still here and kicking. Then one night i got a call at 1-2am in the morning from Dave asking me to be sr mod. Now i had declined this in the past due to lots of sr staff arguments that i had been hearing about (another long story) but eventually i caved in and became a sr mod. Now to my surprise i actually enjoyed this and it reinvigorated my enjoyment in mcsg. Now i had great fun doing this for a long time until i when on holiday to France sometime halfway between the summer holidays.

When i returned from my holidays to continue my duties as sr mod some things happen (Will not discuss them here though some very close friends might now). This made me very depressed and i ended up hiding in my sr staff channel and locking people out although hopefully not many people knew this is i tried to hide it well (being an actor and stuff). This was a very low point in my life and came very close to resigning from MCSG and T.E, i even wrote my resignation letter and everything which i still have just in case haha ;). But i eventually started to re appear from the dark and tried to become more social as i believed making new friends would make me less depressed. This is when i ended up meeting some amazing people like @FantasticTardis , @KimmieFizzy , @Mman1234fcn83i , @xstephaniemmx , @Decemberr , @diamondchloe and many more. These people cheered me up so much and words can’t describe how much i thank you for that as you all are soo awesome. After a while i ended up going to eurogamer in London where i met @Dave , @Mr Dice , @wronsiski , @guggex8 , @Dizzy , clank, varieda, noxite, atgod, a bunch of hive and tv people and it was soo much fun, and me, Dave, gug, varieda, atgod, noxite hive and tv guys got a little drunk hahaha.

Now we are coming to the end of my story ( i bet your all thinking thank god this was so long and boring haha) and now i can haply say that i am very happy with where i am right now, i have and have made so many friends, i love being sr staff and i am the luckiest guy alive to have met my wonderful girlfriend @KimmieFizzy who makes me so happy and means the world to me. I also am trying to post more YouTube videos where i try to post a lot of singing videos (yes i sing, not very well though haha) and a lot of mcsg and gaming videos so check it out at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbevEZ5Hb7-1_9t-8Dh6WdQ. I will continue to help out the community and be the best sr mod ever, one day hopefully moving up to admin if there ever crazy enough to want me and i look forward to a lot more hopefully great years of mcsging with you all. <3

TLDR for the people who dont want to read it = I was born, i grew up, i found minecraft and then mcsg, i played it, i made a map or two, became mod, became sr mod, and have and continue to have an amazing time on mcsg, the end.

TLDR +1 for people who are to lazy to read the above TLDR = I was born, then i rode a unicorn to freedom to protect mcsg from hackers, the end.

TLDR +2 for the extra lazy person who hasnt read the TLDR + 1 = PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to round it off i will list everyone who has made an impact in my since I've been here. (soz if i miss anyone out im very forgetful but it doesn't mean I don’t love you.)

@XaSxLeech An amazing guy and Friend who i am glad i met, your awesome dude. (cant remember exactly when i met you so i added u here) :D

@kezzer1995 Your rainbowness amazes me and you are a great friend who have know for a very long time. We haven't spoken much lately but our guy love is still strong haha.

@Dave Hey big boss man, haha we haven't always seen eye to eye but we have had a lot of fun, and i still think the number 1 we made on the creative server rocked haha.

@MyNameIsSaar Hi saar you are awesome and a really good friend, i was very sad when you left and very happy when you came back, i have know you for a very long time and you have made my time at mcsg extra awesome. So keep behind awesome ;)

@guggex8 Well hello there pal, Although you betrayed us for the hive i still love ya man (guy love) you have been one of my oldest and best friends on mcsg and even though you have back stabbed me multiple times ingame haha your still awesome. And i hope to meet again for the 3rd time in real life in the future.

@Frondome My Scottish bud who i always call MR DOME haha. You have been there for me through the hard and the good times and have been someone who i could talk to when i am feeling down. I owe you so much and you are such a good friend, im sorry kimmie stole me from you but your still my number 1 Scottish prince <3

@mille1430 Millie Millie Millie what can i say, you have been one of my best friends on mcsg for a long long time and you are someone i can confide in with my issues and problems, your always happy to listen and cheer me up and im always there for you whenever you need me. Your more awesome than you know and i hope you stay my friend forever and ever :D

@KattiiMia Kattii my sing song buddy, i have known you for a very long time and have loved singing with you and being your friend, Your also a fellow drama person so that makes you extra awesome haha.

@ChadTheDJ Well its obvious i have to mention you, i cant thank you enough for making this wonderful community where i have met so many amazing people and i don't know what i would be doing without mcsg. I also met you at minecon in Paris which was amazing although you where shorted than i imagined haha. But thank you so much. <3

@Bowser52000 Benny my fav Australian person. You are very cool and you are a good friend. You also will make a great sr mod and hopefully i will continue to be your friend for a very long time.

@Mr Dice The other josh (aka josh 2 or the less cool josh :D jkjk) You sir are splendipadly awesome, you helped me with tech stuff and it was very cool to meet you at eurogamer, i miss you from the staff already but i hope we still talk now that your a fancy friend rank haha ;)

@Teije one of the best builders i know, its a shame your less active now as i miss you but i hope whatever your doing your having fun.

@Gepsu This guy here ladies and gentlemen is one of the best redstoners i have ever seen, he is the god of redstone. And i am lucky to have met you as your also a good friend.

@Dizzy My eurogamer best bud haha. It was so nice to meet you as your such a lovely person and i will always remember our awesome bumper car ride haha. Your also an amazing friend and i am luck to know you <3

@FantasticTardis Fo shizzle my sister from another mister, your such an awesome person and it always makes me laugh when you join my channel on ts or poke me or message me ( you know why hehehe them fantastic ...)

@Mman1234fcn83i Another awesome guy whose dictionary of words still baffles me to this day. Keep on shipping dude hahaha.

@xstephaniemmx Girl your tumblr makes my day hahah, your very cool. ;)

@wronsiski It was a pleasure to meet you at eurogamer, and your a very awesome guy, although you look more like a wron than a harris to me hahaha ;)

@Le0 Hi leo, although i haven't heard you speak much due to your amazing interwebs and robot voice your still awesome. and i think you will make such a good admin. Keep up the good work my New Zealand pal :D.

@The_Man Dude you poke me a lot on ts but i love it haha. Soz i cant play with you more often but your awesome.

@diamondchloe You where one of the first people who i led a staff interview for and i can honestly say you where one of the best. You are a great mod and friend and i am happy to help you with anything u need. Also somthing that i think everyone will agree with is that you are very pretty even in your snapchats (now come on how is that possible) (ps. don't kill me kimmie for saying that its just a friendly compliment haha)

@Sneeze7 Although you have left mcsg i still love u dude for making me the best skin ever. You where also a very good builder and a great friend and i miss you ;)

Last but not least the best person ever @KimmieFizzy Now what can i say about her, I don't think there is words to describe it but she is one of the most amazing people i have ever met, you funny, kind, a nublet, a dork, a great friend and a great girlfriend. I love you hun <3

Well that raps it all up in about 3356 words, That’s more than I do in a uni essay haha. I hope you enjoyed and i apologize if i missed anyone out as i tried to get as many people in as i could remember. I also apologize for any spelling mistakes as im slightly dyslexic, but hey it wouldnt be a post from me if there wast any haha.

I love you all and i hope you all stay awesome, Josh out <3

Edit: You can never forget @kpwn243 :p

Last edited:

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, I read half of it, and I gave up.

I did enjoy the story though! :)

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
Amazing story, Josh ;) You're one of my favourite staff members :D I remember you being in my interview almost 6 months ago ;) when you actually were promoted, But didn't want your Sr. Mod rank yet :p

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
Too lazy to read TLDR2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci