• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Book of Life

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm a huge fan of hypothetical questions and seeing people's responses to them. Today, I came across this one that I would love to hear your thoughts on:

You find a book and begin to read only to discover that it is your life. You get to the point that you are at now, do you turn the page knowing that you will not be able to change the events to come?

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
You find a book and begin to read only to discover that it is your life. You get to the point that you are at now, do you turn the page knowing that you will not be able to change the events to come?
Creepy someone wrote something which is perpentaining to my life.

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm a huge fan of hypothetical questions and seeing people's responses to them. Today, I came across this one that I would love to hear your thoughts on:

I close the book and cry wondering why nothing exciting ever happens in my life :(

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
Let's just say it would be a interesting book:)

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As an individual who likes spoilers, even I wouldn't intend to turn the page. But waiting day by day to read a new page can be quite nerve-wrecking, furthermore, I hate reading the past. I truly do, it only brings unnecessary memories that will remind someone of suffering. And in my opinion, I would only believe that the next page would merely be empty. I don't believe in a fixed destiny or fate, I believe in circumstances. Furthermore, I believe in the fact that humans are capable of altering their perception of reality, even when under their own circumstances that they have to endure. Perhaps the book of life is only a place to which states what obstacles you may have to face in the future, and there will only be some gaps under the statements, saved to log in your decisions.

However, even if I could turn the page, there would simply be nothing. As I can recall from the "Butterfly effect", even the smallest choices can make the biggest changes. We cannot know on what will happen with the future, and even if I knew my future on what I would do, or what could potentially occur, I would most probably be tempted to do whatever I can to alter my future, to make different decisions to alter my fate. Because if a human being is capable of doing that, then I can do it. Otherwise I would merely be a doll of another life that is forced under one path, one fate, regardless of what happens.

There's generally no telling on what may happen, our decisions are what lead us to our fate. It's like if Bill Gates read the book, it would only mean he would be fortunate enough to be so rich. Even when he actually worked hard on reaching such success, furthermore co-founding Microsoft.

The thing is, Vanicle, what would you do if you got the chance to read the book of life? Would you turn the next page? :3

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
It would be very boring :c I'm like the whole day studying xD

H

Hindsight

I would not turn the page, some of my biggest fears include oblivion and future.

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
The thing is, Vanicle, what would you do if you got the chance to read the book of life? Would you turn the next page? :3
I'm a type of person that doesn't like surprises. Whenever I have the option to know something, I choose to know it. I think if it were to happen to me, I'd want to read the book. I probably wouldn't be able to stop myself.

Ideally, I'd want to stop reading after a year or so, just so I can find out where I'll be in school :p

I would not turn the page, some of my biggest fears include oblivion and future.
YOUR SIGNATURE IS NOT OK.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Well then this is cool.
The Book of Life is truly your book. No matter what. You can't neccesarily write it, but every action edits the book. A predetermined future from your actions.
With that said, does this mean that the book predicts the future?
I don't think so, since by the time you get to that point in the book of life, it's still changing, so you can get a sense of what is the future, but when you close the book you have no idea really what your actions are editing the book. So truly, there is no point in reading the next page, and with that said, you don't need to be afraid of the future.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Every time one of these questions come up, I always respond the same. No person should ever be privy to their own future or the future of humanity as a whole. We cannot be trusted with that kind of info. If I, or any other person in my vicinity, found a book as you mentioned, I would take it and burn it to ash. Knowledge of the future is a force that no human should ever have or be in control of.

Zietra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I love surprises, so you could probably know what I'd do.
No, but. What if you kept reading, and your future didn't turn out bright, just imagine how worried you would be until the time is "here". I would rather live for the day, and wait and hope for the best in the future

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I'd burn the book, life would suck if you knew everything that would happen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci