• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The community and the staff need to come together.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I already made a thread on this, and it was removed, despite my honest intentions. Its ironic, as I am describing that the staff and community need to work things out to make progress, and then my thread is deleted without a comment.

Say you go to a restaurant, where the food is ok and its not overpriced, but the food took a while to come, and the service was subpar.

Then say you go to another restaurant where the food and price is similar to the first, but the food was fast and the waiters were friendly.

Would you go to restaurant 1 or 2?

The same thing is here. The game is good, but the general majority of the community can agree the staff/rules could be better. Feelings aside, the customer is always right.

Notice how this thread isn't "mcsg sucks" or "i hate mcsg, it used to be good"; It is me making my thoughts heard in a respectful way. I have made countless threads saying this same message that aren't worded nicely that were just deleted. I keep making threads to get my point across, because I care.

Discuss below on how the staff can change, or the community.

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
Reminds me. Today I play a game on mcsg, and die to a cheater. I spectate him, and watch him only to die to a more blatant cheater with speed and bhop. I go on mcsg ts, and there's no mods available. No mods in subscribed channels either.

I then hop onto another SG server (will not say the name because i'm not allowed to, but it is based off of UHC) and play 10 games. 0 cheaters. The anticheat might not be as good as badlions, but it still gets rid of the blatant hackers. When I got falsely banned, my ban appeal was replied within MINUTES by senior developer and I was already unbanned.

And you know what? I'm starting to like that restaurant a bit better, and I'm sure a lot more would agree with me.

Wolfy

Diamond
Reaction score
MCSG have like : 47 mods and 1000+ players and they can't catch hackers.MCSG need new mods.I'll give you an example : A non-premium server with 1300+ players and on this server are helper application and after that moderator.If you want to apply on this server you can apply if you have some activity on server , some hackers and no interview.All players who was in interview stage made a mistake at Interview and they didn't get the mod rank and MCSG need more mods.I don't like this thing with Interview and why you shoud write milion of words to get accepted.On non premium servers the apply format is like :
1.IGN:
2.How old have you(You can have 9 if you are mature and if you can deal with hackers) :
3.ScreenShoot with your hour on server
4.Why you want Helper/Mod (He may not write milion of words):I want to get this rank because I love the server and I love to help players.I played on this server for like 1 month and this server need me because I have a lot of experience as a Staff member
5.You have any experience as a Staff Member ?:
6.You read the rules ?:
-In some non-premium server are some scenarios :
1.If you see a player hacking what will you do?:I'll spec him and if I have enough evidence I'll ban him.
2.If you see a player spamming/swearing what will you do?:First time I'll tell him to stop and if he continue I'll mute him for like 10-15 mins.

There you don't need to explain with milion of words.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I think more staff need to be available on teamspeak. Not just one or two, we need like 4+ at all times. I am always having around 4 conversations at once to try to satisfy everyone's needs on ts and it's just too much to handle.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The problem is not that no one is willing to make a change. Everyone, including a majority of staff members are more than aware of the fact that the server is not in good shape. The problem is, the people who are really in charge and are leading the senior staff team are literally doing nothing to address the state of the server and no one knows why

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
I think more staff need to be available on teamspeak. Not just one or two, we need like 4+ at all times. I am always having around 4 conversations at once to try to satisfy everyone's needs on ts and it's just too much to handle.
Plus, on top of this, there are only like 8 moderators I have ever seen in the last 2 weeks. There are like 30 mods, how can I only ever see 8 of them? Snr. Staff has been good, I see you guys a lot, but the moderators I just see so few. You are right Gecko, from like (EST) 5AM-4PM there are no moderators, and then around 4ish some start to come on, but no more than 2.

Tommy145

Platinum
Reaction score
The problem is not that no one is willing to make a change. Everyone, including a majority of staff members are more than aware of the fact that the server is not in good shape. The problem is, the people who are really in charge and are leading the senior staff team are literally doing nothing to address the state of the server and no one knows why
yes, exactly

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Not only this^

but also there needs to be some communication between these Snr. Staff members you are talking about (Above Snr. Mods) and the community. People in the staff team always say Chad is really active on Slack, which is great, except that's the only place we cannot communicate with him. Same with the developers.

Reaction score
I already made a thread on this, and it was removed, despite my honest intentions. Its ironic, as I am describing that the staff and community need to work things out to make progress, and then my thread is deleted without a comment.

Say you go to a restaurant, where the food is ok and its not overpriced, but the food took a while to come, and the service was subpar.

Then say you go to another restaurant where the food and price is similar to the first, but the food was fast and the waiters were friendly.

Would you go to restaurant 1 or 2?

The same thing is here. The game is good, but the general majority of the community can agree the staff/rules could be better. Feelings aside, the customer is always right.

Notice how this thread isn't "mcsg sucks" or "i hate mcsg, it used to be good"; It is me making my thoughts heard in a respectful way. I have made countless threads saying this same message that aren't worded nicely that were just deleted. I keep making threads to get my point across, because I care.

Discuss below on how the staff can change, or the community.
great philosophy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci