• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Debate on ToggleSneak

J

District 13
Reaction score
Okay, there's really not that much debate about this but I thought this title sounds cool so why not. So, I like interesting debates, threads, etc. on the forums and I thought this was something all the community could share their opinions about. ToggleSneak.

If you're unaware of the mod, ToggleSneak, it's quite similar to BSM only nowadays many players consider it more fair because of 1.7+ sprint. It lets you toggle your sneak button to key held or toggled basically meaning you don't have to continuously hold it in order to sneak. Don't worry though, your sneak will be undone by going in your inventory or a chest. This also applies to the rather more popular part of ToggleSneak, ToggleSprint. It works the same way just you toggle your sprint.

So if you're unaware, this mod is currently not allowed on the MCGamer Network. Of course, this was very obvious why it wouldn't have been allowed before 1.6 days, but now, does it really matter? In my opinion, I would say that OptiFine actually provides more of an advantage rather then ToggleSprint but that's just my opinon.

This mod is allowed on servers that MCGamer shares a player database with including Badlion and Kohi, now Kohi wasn't too much of a shared database in the past but with Kohi Youtubers coming to MCSG as well as recording, we're definitely getting more of those which is why I believe this should be allowed. Not to go with the flow of other servers, but to possibly adapt to the players coming here. Not just to adapt as well, but also to provide a wider variety of mods players are allowed to use. This might sound a bit strange, and I admit it does, not too sure what I was going with this, but all in all, I'd definitely like to see this mod being considered by the Sr. Staff.

So yeah, that's about it, also there was another thread like this before but it got locked so pls no flame, i beg. Leave your opinions down below including staff and don't be biased please.

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
I think it should be allowed. just cause its not that big of an advantage and can be easily replicated with things like razer synapse (although I havent tried it)

Konsy

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't see the issue with using toggle sneak it's a harmless mod. I personally use it myself on every server and this seems to be the only one that actually cares lmao

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
With toggle sneak and toggle sprint, regardless of whether they are "not that bad" or not they still give an unfair advantage to people because not everyone likes using those things/knows how to install or use those them.

We discussed this recently regarding toggle sneak and it doesn't go away when you enter chests/climb ladders/eat/enter inventory. I did bring this up to Sr Staff because on windows computers (not sure about mac) if you crouch and hit f11 to fullscreen it allows you to stay shifted almost like toggle sneak anyway, but with toggle sneak you can use it while running, where as if you use the f11 sneak as soon as you click anything else it un shifts you.

So personally I understand why it's disallowed, the same with toggle sprint.. it still gives an unfair advantage, also allows you to hide easier while you're running around maps :D

This is just my personal out look on it so no hate pls :)

itsbeny

Quantum
Reaction score
I would really like Toggle Sneak to be allowed on MCGamer. I use it on other servers and I think it doesn't add much of an advantage. Don't get me wrong, I have done 0 research on this Mod.

CarrotTop

Quantum
Reaction score
It would be a good idea to get this mod into the allowed list, as anyone can easily install it, which doesn't really make it a unfair advantage due to it not improving your pvp skills at all. But then I also see where LilBub is coming from;
There are some people who can't install mods (for some reason), but yeah. This doesn't make any sense, but I hope you can get something from my post lmao.

TL;DR - I don't really care about this mod, but it would be pretty cool if it could be added into the allowed mods list.

NovaKaine

Career
Reaction score
ToggleSneak = 'Unfair Advantage'
Everyone using ToggleSneak =/= 'Unfair Advantage'

eh. I personally haven't used the mod before, but if the community really wants it, then I feel that there should be nothing else to do but to please the community.

OG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If the community wants it, why not? It will do nothing but make us evolve as a pvp community. Not to mention that if people haven't downloaded it yet, it's their fault for not reading the rules and the allowed mods list.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
In my opinion is should be on the allowed mods list. This isn't because of other servers or players itself, but the mod hardly offers any advantage what so ever, in most situations it can be a detriment and cause players to play worse.
I say this because I use the mod on other servers where it is allowed, and have found from first hand experience that it can be an issue to the player itself.

Let's look at its sneaking ability. Sure, you can sneak while in a chest or while you type, but what advantage does this really give you? Literally none other than confusing other players. ToggleSneak as the sneak toggle itself also hinders a player as you cannot start sprinting until you disable sneaking first. It is because of this that people don't even use the sneak feature on the mod, because it can ruin their PvP and cause them to lose more frequently than not.

Now we look at the Sprint Toggle. The only advantage it offers, is to allow the player to be sprinting without touching or pressing their sprint key. As Girls said above, third party sources can do this without the mod being installed. Also, players can also just disable the HUD on ToggleSneak and no one would even know they were using it in the first place.

It is these reasons that I believe the mod should be allowed on these servers.

Being

Survivor
Reaction score
tbh There are plently of Badlion/Kohi players that would love to play on the server and some do, but I feel as if some are pushed away from recording/playing mcsg because they can't use this mod. There will even be some that break the rules and use it anyways and there isn't really a way to stop them unless you implement a plugin to tempban them like you did with BSM.

Now the main arguement is "it's unfair because some players won't know how to download it" well regardless of what you do, experienced players are always going to know more than new or unexperienced players and yes experienced players will have an advantage because they no more but new players will learn just like experienced players had to learn. I'm sure they will watch YouTube and see that a YouTuber is using the mod and then ask about it in the comments and then they learn.

I don't see a reason to not add it. It's mostly just hurting and keeping players away from MCGamer.

but ya kno what do i know

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci