• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Deception Games 2 (Community Event)

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score

Hey Guys! After the success of The Deception Games, we bring you.. THE DECEPTION GAMES 2: Double the Deception

For the second Deception Games there will be some new twists.. one of which.. 48 tributes! so.. double.. the deception? hopefully?

The Event will be hosted on MCGamer on January, Saturday 17th at 7pm GMT/2pm EST/ 11am PST with a livestream from chad!

Video of first Deception Games-

Highlights video of first deception games-

Note- The aim of the game is to use betrayal and strategy to your advantage, we have made it clear that betrayal and large teams are completely ok in the event so please no guilt tripping or offensive insults to people who use these strategies! No Guilt should be carried on from this game into normal games!

Tributes
1/ soggypickle
2/ ImThatGuy007
3/ Blamph
4/ bcfcAnt
5/ Zinc
6/ Celine | Sphaera
7/ LMCRules
8/ EpicN1nja1
9/ thejambd
10/ thingy182
11/ ThunderDeath3109
12/ Jccandfriends
13/ Mooclan
14/ jonnysurvives
15/ Moose
16/ ep1cn00bt00b
17/ Mr_Gears
18/ ProfessorRetro
19/ LegotGinger
20/ kingson
21/ Ceroria
22/ Mlpoknzaba
23/ Kin
24/ Krafty
25/ OhFancy
26/ Giggity69Goo
27/ Red_M1st
28/ GamingNewfie
29/ Thunder_Strikez
30/ Jaan
31/ TomahawkGoesChop
32/ Nirmit|NirmitPlays
33/ ViolentKitten
34/ Serverr
35/ zoplik90
36/ powdski
37/ patrickfalcon
38/ Avesu
39/ Derpy_
40/ Martinioh123
41/ Gamer101luke
42/ YoloUniverseMCYT
43/ Frezzy
44/ jefeperro
45/ Wabzter
46/ PleaseTeamIFan
47/ Sheldor
48/ croe97

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The map will be completely secret until the event so noone has a map advantage.

The Deception Games isn't just another tournament event though, it will be much more, the key to winning the Deception Games lies in Treachery and Betrayal, only one can win but picking your allies wisely may lead you to victory. The Grand Prize for the Deception Games will start at a total prize pool of $50, although this may not be the final prize of the event, we will open the Deception Games to Backers which will be explained later and can increase the total prize pool of the event.

In the Deception Games you will be rewarded for betrayal, for a 20% reduction of the prize pool in the event you win, you can sell out a team mate to the overseers which will result in them being heavily disadvantaged (what will happen to them will not be disclosed) to be eligible to sell someone out, you must have been previously observed by an overseer working in a team till you at least fight one other player together, if it is unclear you are teamed, they will not be eligible to be sold out by you. Also you cannot use this betrayal if you are the last 2 players alive. (Note- a 20% reduction may seem like a large amount, but if it secures your victory by using it at the right point in the game, it will be worth it)

Before the Deception Games begin, all tributes will be gathered and given time to work out alliances, each tribute will be given 10 unique blocks (for instance one user may have red wool, this will indicate it is their block and all the other tributes will have a different block type) these blocks are each worth 10% of the total prize if you win, you can trade these blocks with another player to buy their allegiance. For example. Say tribute 1 gives tribute 3 a total of 4 blocks to buy their allegiance, in the event that tribute 1 wins, each of his assigned blocks will be worth 10% of the prize pool, so tribute 1 would get 60% of the prize pool and tribute 3 would get 40% of the prize pool. These block trades can be used to solidify an alliance as for instance if a team traded 5 blocks each to each other, it would lessen the reasoning to betray as even if you are betrayed you still get 50% of the total prize pool. All trades will be enacted in a private room from the other tributes with an Overseer to validate the trade. Choose your alliances wisely. Honesty cannot be bought. Betrayal can.

Here is a breakdown of the elements of the Deception Games:

Map:
The Map will remain secret until the event!

Overseers:
We will choose a group of "overseers" to watch over the games, the overseers can have no physical input into the game and are purely there to make sure players do not breach any of the rules and to solve any disputes players have (for instance if someone thought someone was hacking an overseer will have watched it)

Fighting by Proxy:

If for some reason a tribute cannot attend the Deception Games, they may choose another player to be their proxy player, this player will become the tribute in their stead, but the prize will go towards the original tribute (it is up to the original tribute to give the proxy a part of the prize upon their discretion). It is completely within the rules to use the Proxy system to make it more likely to become a tribute, for instance you could get two friends to also apply to the Deception Games who don't want to play and in the event you do not become a tribute but they manage to get voted high enough, you could play as their proxy player.

Rules:

1/
No Hacking Clients

2/Attempts to Ddoss other players will not be tolerated

3/No Bullying of other players in the games

4/Do not attempt to Rig the results of the Voting for tributes

5/Do not block glitch

6/Do not escape the map in any way

7/Do not exploit any glitches found

8/Follow Overseers instructions at all times

Backers:

If you wish to help support the event you can add a donation to the prize pool, for instance we have started the prize pool at $50, if 5 people donated $10 then the prize pool would rise to a total of $100, so there is more to play for, making the game more interesting. What do you get for being a backer? After the event we will leave the map open for the backers to fully explore for an hour, so you will get the first chance to find all the best chests and develop the best chest route. Also if you intend to apply for the second Deception Games, being a backer of the first Deception Games will mean your votes in the voting stage will be tripled, making the chances to be in the second Deception Games, incredibly higher. If you want to become a backer send Ninetailefox92 a pm on the forums and we can sort it out.

Any Questions? Feel free to send me a PM and I will answer as soon as possible

-Awesome graphics by TF1xHD (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrA1WR-oC4Av46PIwQEfzUQ)-

Last edited:

ImShrek

Survivor
Reaction score

Minecraft IGN: ShrekMC

Reason for applying: I was in the first Deeption games and it was a great experience and I want to be able to experience it again!

Why will you win?: I am Shrek, the might orge, I move like orge, I sniff like a orge, I decept like a orge.

Why should others ally with you?: People should ally with me as im Shrek, I have learnt from the best. I was in the first Dectpion Games and made it far, so I think I will be a good experianced team mate.

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: Sure can.

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?: mhm

Last edited:

ep1cn00bt00b

Experienced
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: ep1cn00bt00b

Reason for applying: The joy of the deception games.

Why will you win?: You won't know until I win.

Why should others ally with you?: Because they won't know how to win without me.

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: Yes.

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?: Yes.

JumpingBacon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Application

Minecraft IGN: JumpingBacon

Reason for applying: Because this would be a fun event and due to the first one being a success the second one will be as we'll. Also I had a proxy player replace me in the last event because I was not able to make it so I want to give it a try this time.

Why will you win?:Because I'm very experienced at hunger games after playing over 4500+ on the mcsg server and 554 wins. I also know how to make alies and know what to do in the Hunger Games.

Why should others ally with you?: Because I am a very trustworthy person and will not betray, I'm also good at finding loot and protecting by killing other tributes. Also I like having a bit of fun and I'm very good a teamwork and working with other people.

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?:Yes I will.

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?:Yes.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: Imanol_Magana

Reason for applying: I want to be in the Deception Games 2

Why will you win?: Well, I thought it was a fun idea to think of to join, so I would like to join and win for everyone because everyone loves a winner right?

Why should others ally with you?: Because I am trustworthy and like to team :)

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: If I don't Chris|Bro can take my play :p

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?: Yes!

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: ttt6t

Reason for applying: Fun event and I really want to participate in a large community event :D

Why will you win?: Turtlez > All

Why should others ally with you?: Honestly, i'm a very flexible and lenient person. Non competitive and very chill. I would most likely do anything you would ask me to :p

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: I will do my best, asking everywhere I possibly can :D

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?: Ye

Last edited:

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: FireizedMC

Reason for applying: I would love to participate in a community event for the first time :)

Why will you win?: Because Fire multiplies and burns everything in its path.

Why should others ally with you?: Because I am a very nice and trustworthy person. I most certainly will not backstab you... until we're the last 2, of course >:)

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: Yes I will try my best :)

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: NuJaan

Reason for applying: I very much enjoyed watching the first Deception Games, and had a ton of friends who were in. Also, I've never been in a community event and really want to!

Why will you win?: I am a fairly strategical player meaning I understand what decision to make at what time. I also tend to be able to find somewhat decent loot on maps I am unfamiliar with.

Why should others ally with you?: I will do what is needed to win, even if teaming is required. Also, I just love to have fun and I hope others can see this as well!

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: I will!

RolandBelcourt

Spectator
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: Roland4500

Reason for applying: i loved watching the first deception games and missed out on playing last time

Why will you win?: Gypsy Magic

Why should others ally with you?: Because i have Gypsy Magic

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: YES

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?: YES , i pledge on gypsy magic

Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: YoloUniverseYT

Reason for applying: the first deception games was a big success and this one will hopefully be too!

Why will you win?: I am a very experienced MCSG player, I have really good tactics

Why should others ally with you?: because im cool \(**)/

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?:
yup

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?: I completely agree with all the terms and conditions

iSwagify

Platinum
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN:
TheBulldogman92
Reason for applying:
The first deception games was really big ad helpful to expand and interact with the community! I want to help the community, but participate in the games! I have never played in a huge community event such as one like this so that is another factor why I would like to play in it.

Why will you win?: I will win because I am very deceiving and can lie well! I am also told that I am good at making friends so with this, I can win the deception games! I am decent at PvP too, with over 300 wins on MCSG, this is definitely a huge part of the event(obivously) and will help to win it all!

Why should others ally with you?: Others should ally with me because I am a good friend(most of the time). I will share my supplies and make sure both of us are equipped to fight the others. If I do this we will make it further into the game, but at some point I will have to kill him/her(sadly). During this event I want to make friends with other people not only for that one game, but talk to after and play on MCSG with more.

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: If I cannot attend the event, I will choose my friend GreenNinja_543

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?:Yes I agree to all of the rules and terms for this event!

ThePurpleOlive

Platinum
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: ThePurpleOlive

Reason for applying: I missed out on the first games, I'm not going to miss out on the second :)

Why will you win?: I'm not sure what this question is asking.. If it's asking why I want to win, it's to take part in a community event and to make sure my name is put alongside that

Why should others ally with you?: I can be in help if needed, but when it's just me and my ally left, things have to happen.

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: Yes, of course/

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?: Yes, I just finished reading them

Thanks for considering my application :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci