• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The 'Do's and 'Don't's of PvP

Status
Not open for further replies.

leMaCderp

Career
Reaction score
I have the ip, yet my connection is average of 250ms, so I can't exactly experience PvP the best on there.

Edit: This thread has now been updated to my experience throughout MCSG in PvP and survival. There is now and 'Edit' section within the thread to my updates and where the thread has been edited.
ping doesnt matter, i average 300ms there yet i have a 1600-1700 ELO on their OCN ladder

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
ping doesnt matter, i average 300ms there yet i have a 1600-1700 ELO on their OCN ladder
Then you're practically saying the whole server is bad by beating people with a crappy connection when they have a good connection..

Anyway, I don't really care..

leMaCderp

Career
Reaction score
Then you're practically saying the whole server is bad by beating people with a crappy connection when they have a good connection..

Anyway, I don't really care..
thatsnot my intendedmessage, im just saying its possible to beat players even though you have a connection disadvantage

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
That's because your connection is so bad, they can't hit you, which is no fun for them. The lower ping # you get to a server, the more intense the fight will be.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
thatsnot my intendedmessage, im just saying its possible to beat players even though you have a connection disadvantage
It's quite easy, I get about 250ms to it and I use the slight lag I have to my advantage.

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't agree with any of this. All of these can still be used completely.

leMaCderp

Career
Reaction score
Interesting.
ok let me explain
if you don't understand what i mean by kangaroo, it means constantly jumping to get the crits

so basically you stated the example that you'd want 2-3 more hits than 3 crits. well that isn't true, 3 crits can be worth more or be equal to more hits.

then you show me where this huah guy gets a massive combo on this guy when was in the air. yes, that ping is very godlike. but that doesn't mean that you can't beat people with a godlike ping

in my opinion being a kangaroo is very helpful, block hitting and jumping is a way to escape fights, for example. while you block hit and jumping you fly, giving you time to run or pull out the bow while you get knocked back. ive also used this tactic in breeze island, where when I don't feel like fighting someone, I stand near the water edge and constantly jump and blockhit. this may seem very stupid, but people with the 10ms ping can launch you 10-15 blocks. im not saying its a good strat, but i find it cool.

whenever i get knocked back, i have time to run or take out the secondary weapon. and I just realizd I strafed out of topic

basically being a kangaroo can give you kb that can probably benefit you
you also say that it's not easy to strafe if so. but your jumping may confuse the opponents and they may not hit you.

then again, if he/she has good hit accuracy, keep the blockhit kangaroo charges. or just pull out the bow, idk what you do

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Protip. Get a mouse
Protip 2. Don't use a trackpad
Protip3. Tap dat button on dah mous 1334;3;4354:23 times

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
Here is my two cents. What has helped me is with sword pvp is:
1. LOWER YOUR SENSITIVITY! I see so many people trying to be an mlg 420 blaze it pvper with hyperspeed, but it helps so much when you turn down your sensitivity.
2. Do NOT jump on your first hit. You get less knockback when you don't jump, so you have a better chance of not getting combo'd and a better chance of comboing the other guy.
3. Block hit on the first hit in the fight. In the first hit, it is likely you and your opponent will both get hits, so what a good strategy to do it Block hit on the first hit, therefore you will get less knockback (again, better for combos), and you will deal less damage than the other guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci