• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The end, my short story and my resignation

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
When I was little the only thing that I hated about good video games was the fact that they ended. In some games you can immerse yourself into their virtual world and it is as if you are almost living the story. So when the game just abruptly ends with no more storyline, it was the worst feeling ever. If you don't know me already my name is Cameron or as other people know it as snochet65/CoDsNo65 and I've been apart of this community for quite a long time and recently had the honour to work as a staff member for the past 9 months. If you have missed a major part of my story there are two other threads that you can find which talks about my story back in 2013-2014. Anyway let's head right in (I'll keep it short and sweet).

It was about sometime in the afternoon in early August last year and I was playing some ranked solo queue on league of legends by myself. The idea of league of legends was getting boring to me and with hardly anyone coming on the Old Phoenix team speak while I was on, I wanted to find something to do in my spare time. Recently I had heard that the actual clan Phoenix had finally been unblacklisted (kudos to Col_StaR ) and with that I was No longer a blacklisted player and I could finally apply for the position for mod. I was a mod previously but since I got demoted and was demoted so quickly, I never had the chance to experience being apart of the staff team and wanted to finally fill the hole of one of my most annoying regrets. So I applied and pretty easily got to pending, then interview and then finally accepted. It was a lot easier than last time and that made me pretty happy. I had finally after two years become a mod again and officially came back to minecraft.

When I first came back almost instantly Jimmy | Intelligent , who was in exile at the time, began to talk to me everyday and even said that he "bags" me if I ever make a new clan, which at the time I didn't have any intention of making. At that time I was also introduced to a lot of other moderators which included AGFire2013 my mod buddy, Equalitee Frankyy Sebastian Goldsminer and many more. I was also introduced to one of the most outgoing person I've met in a long time Alyssa from who I would later meet Axanite | Liam and Sanders which will be important later in the story. About a week in I was finally feeling comfortable in my position I was doing my job finely, but then there was a sudden drop in the AU clan scene. Apex and earth before it, had disbanded which left open a lot of questions for what will actually happen for the au clan scene. I saw an opportunity and with one of my best friends Blake we decided to make the clan Purple Cobras.

A lot of the OG players from poets came and joined the clan which was pretty cool seeing them all again and happy to have such a loyal group of people by my back. Unfortunately this will be one of the very few times I don't feel like everyone is out to stab me in the back. At that time I also saw the opportunity to brig my bests friend Nick back into playing minecraft with me. Before I came back we had a massive falling out and barely even talked to each other. We both played different games and hanged out with different people which split us really far apart. So when we were down 1-2 to Philosophy and probably about to lose, I didn't bring back Nick for the "cb carry," I brought him back because i wanted my best friend back. So when he offered to play in the lineup I let him and hey, it worked ;) didn't it feminist :3.

So fast forward through some boring stuff which included me working hard on getting mod of the month which I then got in November, I helped out TeeArrr with the au clan leaderboard until he shut it down. I closed Putple Cobras after two months and had a two week break from clans until I joined with Juzzy to make NuggetZ again in which we got #1 for that clan. I joined the build team Helix which I got in by the most massive clutch to be honest I am the worst builder, and life was going fine. A lot drama happened between me and my friends or between friends and friends which made some people stop seeing each other, which I never really understood until I was put in that position. A lot of this drama l won't go into detail with as much as I would like to, but some people even after three months still hate me which ironically makes me happy. Anyway the drama that hit me the most was with one of my really good friends Tr. Now beforehand this was the guy that left being admin of philosophy to come and join my clan and the guy I would later promote to admin while I was doing my VCE exams. The drama itself is barely anything to be honest, if it can even be called drama. This started when Tr decided to re-open the AU clan leaderboard which I wanted to join and help out in anyway like last time, but for some reason I wasn't allowed to join, even when I helped him out with clan staff issues, which to be fair to him really only happened once, but it never really bothered me. Eventually I got into the Abu clan leaderboard through the clan staff which I was glad to help out, but then tr didn't like me because f the way I ended up in the leaderboard. I guess he never really understood, not many did apart from a few people but who knows. From there things were still okay, until other events came by and it came to the point where he was constantly ignoring me and then just stopped replying to me overall. I just suddenly lost a really good friend from who knows what. I tried talking to him on ts about it but he muted his sound when he was obviously there. Just like that, the person that was my friend was gone, the end. So abrupt and almost nothing I could do.

The trend of losing people continued with the dropping of AU. Just like that a large chunk of my life was suddenly removed, and it became even worse when almost all the au staff left the staff team. They were family to me and I knew with them leaving the staff team, I would lose them like most of my other online friends and again, there was nothing I could. I stayed in the staff while this was all going down, not wanting to let this end until I reached an epiphany.

I asked myself this, do things end for a reason? Sounds like an obvious question to some with most people knowing that quote, but for me this was the first time realising it. I was 18 years old in the thick of university, with so many other friends in and outside of my online life, and I was here worried about what will happen. Soon enough new doors opened for me and I didn't wait to take the opportunity and with that I realised it was time to leave MCSG for good.

Onlg about two months earlier I had thought I was going to stay in the staff team for ages and here I am now resigning. Apart from the reasons listed above, the main reason I left the staff team as well, is the fact that with the removal of AU, my particular niche was broken, and I was just another ordinary moderator, which is not how I would like to be remembered. On top of that it is an absolute shame that such a great team can be ruined by a few bad apples.

Anyway that is pretty much it. I rushed it a lot and it probably looks really bad grammatically, but I just wanted to end this as soon as I could and get it off my chest, and with that there will be probably be a lot of people misreading what I said, but I'll be here to clarify. A thanks to Sanders Ceroria Narwhal for giving me great opportunities in the clan staff and to be in a build team which I am grateful for. Now to finish this off ill end where I started. No one wants a good video game to end, but now I've realised that if a good video game doesn't end at the right time, it quickly turns into a bad video game. Enough cheesy lines from me, time to go to my lecture.

Cameron signing off.

ToxicBlaze

Quantum
Reaction score
Seeya man :(
Thanks for helping me when ever I asked something on ts etc

TeeArrr

Quantum
Reaction score
After everything that did happen I just wanted to say thanks for all the support that you provided the lb. Pc and nuggetz with always be some of my favorite clans, thanks for everything. Good luck cam =)

NiceOi

Survivor
Reaction score
While Nick saved the Pc Philo cb I still got everyone 3 sets of iron and 2 d swords on Springfield ;) ily Cam carry me in league sumtime.

Alyssa

Fabulous
Reaction score
Love you Cameron! I feel so privileged to of met you when you came into the Staff team and to have you in my life as an amazing friend! You were a fantastic moderator and I am so proud of how far you had come in the team, learning new things every day! Good things must come to an end at some point and sadly April was the month that AU had their end, but I feel lucky to of had you in my time here and so many more people too! Looking forward to when we next meet up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci