• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Fishing Pole Experiment

Do fishing poles do damage?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

megahugestrike

Survivor
Reaction score
i got hooked with a fishing rod on map 3 by a guy on top of the mountain. he pulled off the hook so well that i was sent flying up into the air then plummeted to my death. they can be very harmfull
I did not know they pulled people...

R

RedSeamonster

The only use of a fishing rod in my opinion is the knock back aspect when you right click, and it causes damage to armor.

Synn

Spectator
Reaction score
I find the pole like a grappling hook. I've pulled a person to me and killed them with it.

Sunamiami

Tribute
Reaction score
Once, I got killed by a guy with fishing pole.
I'd got full leather armor and stone sword, and he'd got a wooden sword and a fishing pole.
He hit me two times with his wooden sword from underneath (I was chasing him in water), and I couldn't hit him.
In the end, he finished me of with the fishing pole. :p

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
I'd got armor.
Why'd you have to dig this up, its 12 days ago õ_õ.
Anyways, I've seen in a Deathmatch before the update. A guy with leather armor killed a guy with almost-full Iron and a Diamond Sword with a Fishing Pole :3

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
The Fishing Pole, the weapon of the desperate.
As much as it is used in Water, its a total live saver in early-game water chases.

And its an awesome tool when you're chasing someone in water with a teammate. If your teammate has a pole, he can hit you from behind to do a huge knockback, getting you nearer to the target.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Fishing polls do no damage. The only thing about them that is useful is the knockback... Which can actually be a life saver.

I one time got myself trapped in a corner in the water, the guy was going to block my way to the land and keep me in that corner at the same time. The only thing I had to stop him, a fishing rod... I repeatedly hit him with it, only just got to land and avoided a hit, and I managed to get away to safety. About a few minutes later, not long after my health regenerated fully, he came back and I killed him. Fishing rods are better than people make them out to be...
I always have one in my hotbar just in case, you never know when you'll need one. That tiny bit of knockback in the water makes a huge difference distance wise when you get to land. I even once broke someones boat with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci