• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Flint and Steel Guide

Are You Now a Fire God?

• Total voters

Nadare

Survivor
Reaction score
You can always place fire at chokepoints before the battle too. For example if you see a player coming, and you know the terrain of the area well enough, but that you probably will not win in head-to-head combat, place fire around the area. Players will pay less attention to pre-placed fires than ones you're throwing at their feet, and I've won many-a-fight because they wandered into a fire they saw as no threat.

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
Use a fishing rod or bow for knockback, then instantly place fire. Their instinct when being knocked back is to go forward so this works very often.

Fisheer

Career
Reaction score
2. (By @Claps123 , @Redjosepie , @Darby100 , and @DreamNoodle ) Unexpected Fire: If the person chasing you is really really close, you can just instantly stop and place the flint and steel right in front of you. It's risky, but if you do it right, they're on fire, and in front of you, and facing the wrong way.

This made me laugh, @gcb99 was the original founder of Unexpected Fire, with help to improve it from @Elgoldo and @NoahSailer, and even a tiny bit from me. Giving the wrong people credit is bad. They may have told you about it, but doesn't mean they came up with the tactic.
I suggest you look at the only two (I maybe wrong) Unexpected Fire montages.

They were the first two montages, the first one, Noah's version was only for The Legends viewing (R.I.P TheLegends) but sadly it was leaked, so Noah showed everyone.
Over a period of a week, I recorded a few clips and put them into my own montage, I'm not the best at Unexpected Fire, but I felt because when gcb99 came up with the idea, and Elgoldo tried it on me, I needed to see myself perform this awesome tactic.

Please make sure you give credit to the RIGHT people, not people who suggest it first.

Most of the community know that the original makers, and the players who improved it where in fact, gcb, Elgoldo and Noah with a tiny little bit of help from me, even though I was the worst at it:p

AMEN

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So, what's up guys, je m'appelle GOFORGOLDCROZ.

2. (By @Claps123 , @Redjosepie , @Darby100 , and @DreamNoodle ) Unexpected Fire: If the person chasing you is really really close, you can just instantly stop and place the flint and steel right in front of you. It's risky, but if you do it right, they're on fire, and in front of you, and facing the wrong way.
I invented it... I'm also in the "The Unexpected Fire" Video with4k views (from 1:00 - 1:16)...
Even Elgoldo said that I invented it as a comment beneath the video...
And dont tell me that anyone used it randomly before the video came up ;)

Thanks @Fisheer :)

Fisheer

Career
Reaction score
I invented it... I'm also in the "The Unexpected Fire" Video with4k views (from 1:00 - 1:16)...
Even Elgoldo said that I invented it as a comment beneath the video...
And dont tell me that anyone used it randomly before the video came up ;)

Thanks @Fisheer :)
I just don't like seeing people get credit when they shouldn't, people like you deserve it.

Reaction score

This made me laugh, @gcb99 was the original founder of Unexpected Fire, with help to improve it from @Elgoldo and @NoahSailer, and even a tiny bit from me. Giving the wrong people credit is bad. They may have told you about it, but doesn't mean they came up with the tactic.
I suggest you look at the only two (I maybe wrong) Unexpected Fire montages.

They were the first two montages, the first one, Noah's version was only for The Legends viewing (R.I.P TheLegends) but sadly it was leaked, so Noah showed everyone.
Over a period of a week, I recorded a few clips and put them into my own montage, I'm not the best at Unexpected Fire, but I felt because when gcb99 came up with the idea, and Elgoldo tried it on me, I needed to see myself perform this awesome tactic.

Please make sure you give credit to the RIGHT people, not people who suggest it first.

Most of the community know that the original makers, and the players who improved it where in fact, gcb, Elgoldo and Noah with a tiny little bit of help from me, even though I was the worst at it:p

AMEN
Thanks for showing these videos , they helped me quite a bit :D!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci