• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Forgotten Vale

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthyO

Experienced
Reaction score
Hey you seeen like a pritty good builders i could use people like you on my new survival games map.interested?
msg me on 9/11/12 (This friday) on the time 6:00 pm if you want to join, thats when i'll be checking my msgs. I'll give you the ip too.
Thanks :p But I think I'm gonna take a break building maps for now haha... Saturday is when we're doing beta testing for this map though.

JCAlagon

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks :p But I think I'm gonna take a break building maps for now haha... Saturday is when we're doing beta testing for this map though.
Alright that's cool. Thanks for your response:D

NorthyO

Experienced
Reaction score
Updated a bunch of stuff with the map including the DL link, and posted a video of it from the beta testing guys. Feel free to check it out. There has been a lot of bug fixes and what not to the map! :D

Reaction score
Updated a bunch of stuff with the map including the DL link, and posted a video of it from the beta testing guys. Feel free to check it out. There has been a lot of bug fixes and what not to the map! :D
can i be part of the beta testing?

NorthyO

Experienced
Reaction score
can i be part of the beta testing?
Well we did the beta testing earlier tonight, but we may be doing some tomorrow at around 12:00 noon PST (California time) for the European people who wanted to check out the map. If so you may be able to join those

Egrodo

Experienced
Reaction score
Having firsthand experience with this map, I love it. One of the reasons being how easy it is to win even when you don't have a chest route, giving newbie users a chance. Why is this possible? Wonder off in any direction and you're bound to find something awesomely useful. The snowy biome (biome isn't a word?) is a nice change of face, and the large spawn area means that it's harder to be killed as soon as you start the game. While the map may seem simple there is much complexity to it. There are many traps that can be either the turning point in your otherwise terrible game, or the death of somebody who just got unlucky. Whilst traveling the map I came across a library of sorts, and while it did not exactly fit the landscape it did provide an insanely hard parkour challenge, and rightfully so as the prize is an enchanted bow. While I did not see it myself Northy told me that there was a hidden enchanting table on the map, which I fully support. I won two of the games I played and I can tell you that to win this map requires more skill than memorization of routes, and I love that aspect of any map. The only complaint I had while playing was that the chests were somewhat messed up in the way that if you opened it there could be nothing but if somebody else opened it there could be stuff. I realize that this is only due to the server software that we used, and I cannot wait until it's migrated to the official Survival Games servers so I can play without this worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci