• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The "ghost"problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwun

Spectator
Reaction score
twice today i have missed out getting on to a server because the server restarted because of "ghost" problems. I think there should be a way to stay on the same server without having to reconnect, but still somehow fix the "ghost" problem. I know it might not be possible, just wanted to throw that out there.

BikerboyAJC

Tribute
Reaction score
Here's a list of steps that always works for me.

Quit the server before it starts to reset, so once it starts saying that it will reset, disconnect yourself.
Go into "Multiplayer" and before you start spamming refresh or keep joining the game, click refresh, wait til the polling is done, then click refresh 1 more time. Just keep doing that until the server comes back up.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Here's a list of steps that always works for me.

Quit the server before it starts to reset, so once it starts saying that it will reset, disconnect yourself.
Go into "Multiplayer" and before you start spamming refresh or keep joining the game, click refresh, wait til the polling is done, then click refresh 1 more time. Just keep doing that until the server comes back up.
Instead of clicking refresh when the polling is done, wait 3-5 seconds. This reduces the chance of a communication error, and for me, completely removes the chance of it.
Check out this link for more help :)
http://minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-the-survival-games.2715/

Hedgehog4799

Survivor
Reaction score
I just join another server and quickly disconnect it works every time ;)

Webster23

Spectator
Reaction score
You can join a server again every 5 seconds. The ghosting is when people arn't logged in but there still counted as being there. You can't kill them but you can type in their name and hit tab and it will come up. It's there but you can't interact with it.

To log in when the server is restarting hit join then count to 6 in your head then hit retry again to login. Retry that until you get in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci