• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate

What is your religion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoudAlmighty

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm a Flipist Flipzyy flipgod is the true god. And I am Jesus (pronounced heysoos of course)
no but in reality, I feel that considering lack of evidence, an abundance of religion is very illogical. HOWEVER I feel there's a deeper meaning behind it and morals rest in these things that I have respect for. Although, some of it is just plain wrong (support of homophobia lmao ok). But despite my respect for those in support of religion, I can't help but ridicule every time someone tells me they're creationist because creationism honestly makes no sense. If you disagree, look up a debate on the subject by bill nye they're pretty accurate. Bill nye is a prophet in flipism btw.
Here's that debate:

To be fair towards Ken Ham he was up against Bill Nye.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Twee Sepyz lalarocks22 RocketCobra
  • If God is able to make a mountain more heavy than He is able to lift, then there may be something He is not able to do: He is not able to lift that mountain.
  • If God is not able to make such a mountain, then there is something He is not able do: He is not able to make that mountain.
If either outcome were considered true, then it is argued that God Almighty is actually not Almighty.

And on the topic of young earth creationists... (People who think the world is 6000 years old)
I personally have a serious problem with that theory, even though (I think) it states directly in the bible that the earth is that old.
1) Radiometric dating however, I do understand the errors associated with this.
2) Now this is the Achilles heel of this theory.
If a light year is how long light can travel in a year, then how can we see things more than 6000 light years away? So either the entire universe is within 6k light years or this theory is wrong. Note. 6k light years is actually a very small distance compared to the universe.

I honestly find problems with both theories... (evolutionism and creationism)
To me this leaves two solutions.
1) They're both correct
2) They're both incorrect

Last edited:

AephexHasSweges

Experienced
Reaction score
Twee Sepyz lalarocks22 RocketCobra
  • If God is able to make a mountain more heavy than He is able to lift, then there may be something He is not able to do: He is not able to lift that mountain.
  • If God is not able to make such a mountain, then there is something He is not able do: He is not able to make that mountain.
If either outcome were considered true, then it is argued that God Almighty is actually not Almighty.

And on the topic of young earth creationists... (People who think the world is 6000 years old)
I personally have a serious problem with that theory, even though (I think) it states directly in the bible that the earth is that old.
1) Radiometric dating however, I do understand the errors associated with this.
2) Now this is the Achilles heel of this theory.
If a light year is how long light can travel in a year, then how can we see things more than 6000 light years away? So either the entire universe is within 6k light years or this theory is wrong. Note. 6k light years is actually a very small distance compared to the universe.

I honestly find problems with both theories... (evolutionism and creationism)
To me this leaves two solutions.
1) They're both correct
2) They're both incorrect
woah

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
God is love, God is life. See what I did there? Splendid.

This is the longest debate that has ever gone on and it is one that will never be solved on earth until the secondcoming of Christ. For me? I am a Christian. I will defend God because he is who I believe in, and that is that.

For those who say He isn't real, I just want to know why? (In a calm and controlled manner please). I'm not going to tell you what to do, or what to believe in, but why not? I mean, if you were right and Christianity is full of hullabaloo, what do you gain by this? You'll be dead anyway by the time you end up figuring out, might as well at least "give God a shot".

</endrant>

Zeff

Survivor
Reaction score
God really rustled everyones jimmies with that flood.

Spectral_Slayer

Platinum
Reaction score
Do I smell a repost?
Also, I will be heavily watching this thread, any sign of flame will be removed.

Edit: I am an agnostic atheist. I see no evidence of a God, but if evidence was present I would be open to change my mind.
I don't want to seem to cliche, but the evidence is the very ground you walk on, the very air you breathe, the face that all of the chemical reactions in your body have to be specific and unique. Photosynthesis and Cellular respiration just happen to be dependent on eachother? No, God designed the plants to take in carbon di-oxide and release oxygen, which conveniently us as humans need to breathe in order to survive. That is no coincidence, that is solid. legit proof that God exists

Kauff

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't want to seem to cliche, but the evidence is the very ground you walk on, the very air you breathe, the face that all of the chemical reactions in your body have to be specific and unique. Photosynthesis and Cellular respiration just happen to be dependent on eachother? No, God designed the plants to take in carbon di-oxide and release oxygen, which conveniently us as humans need to breathe in order to survive. That is no coincidence, that is solid. legit proof that God exists
That is not proof at all; it's flimsy evidence at best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci