• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate

What is your religion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sepyz

I'm technically a Catholic, but my family isn't that religious. We never go church, and I don't think I've prayed in weeks.
I should probably change that.

Isaacswag

Career
Reaction score
I personally believe in God...

Ok so I have seen/heard of people pass away and then come back to life because the doctors shocked them and it started up there heart rate. And every single one of those people who had that happen to them said that they felt like something (as in Soul) being lifted out of them and being carried to a bright light and instantly everyone of them said it looked like a place where everyone was happy and that there were no crimes! And when they were shocked back to life they were all PO (Put out :p) that they didn't get to stay.

Read the book 90 minutes in Heaven and 90 minutes in Hell... Great book

And for people who don't believe in God... How do you think man kind got here? Thapple

GOFORGOLDCROZ

Diamond
Reaction score
Atheist. I could go on, but I won't because I know people will deny it and I just don't feel the need to argue.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Science and religion go hand in hand, but I'm way too tired atm to give my take on this.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
I'm agnostic. I don't really believe or not believe in God.

Living in Asia, my family occasionally does some Buddhist practices, but I don't participate since I'm free to choose my own religion.

Thapple_

Diamond
Reaction score
One thing I will say is that I live by the code of letting people believe what makes them happy, and I have sworn that I will never try to alter a fellow humans beliefs. So you have the option right here to continue reading this.

I do not consider myself an atheist, because I do not think there is any evidence of there to be a God, nor any evidence saying there is a God. The term "Agnostic Atheist" is what best fits me.

I grew up in a traditional Roman Catholic household, where I was forced to read the bible and pray. I was scared into believing things, and I was punished for being skeptical and questioning things. Something I never understood throughout my entire life is: Why can people believe that "God" created himself, but they cannot even fathom the thought of the Universe creating itself. It is simply something I was never able to understand. I feel it is just easier for most people to think that a friendly caring creator is the source of all things, rather then a cold hostile universe not intended for us. I have a very logical mind set, and I just cannot deem any form of theism logical. I have been told by others that I simply lack faith, but I simply reply that they have a lack of fact.

I could go on days ranting about my beliefs, but this is a forums page for a game intended for children so I will keep this at a minimum. I simply believe there is no evidence suggesting the existence or the nonexistence of a God. If anything I believe in Spinoza's God, which is, essentially, the God of harmony. I believe in things that have repeatable proof to back them up. That is it.

I do not look down at theist, in fact, I am happy that they have something that they believe in and something that brings them comfort and serenity. My girlfriend of a year and a half is a heavy Christian and I even attend church with her. She knows of my beliefs and she is okay with it. A person's beliefs is something that should be decided by that person and that person alone. Me and my girlfriend understand this, and we are capable of maintaining a long lasting relationship with complete opposite religious outlooks. I think religion should be more a client side thing, rather than a server side thing if you now what I mean. I don't like the thought of religion because it tells people what to believe, and gives them little to no room to think freely. I like being able to read about scientific theories, and being able to pick which ones I feel are creditable and seem more truthful, without having people or entire communities trying to change the way I think.

So Isaacswag your question
And for people who don't believe in God... How do you think man kind got here? Thapple
If you mean how mankind got this far genetically, I think mankind has advanced from simpler life and over hundreds of millions of years has been perfected to where it is today. This is, essentially, the theory of evolution. I believe that life happens naturally and over time with the right conditions, life will begin and start to thrive. I want you to read about the human body and read about humans before we became more advanced and domesticated. The humans body is defiantly a dangerous killing machine. Humans learned, over years of our brains evolving, and natural selection doing its thing, to use tools. Humans used these tools to kill animals that we could have never killed without the tools.

So I guess, if I had to put the answer in a simple form. Mankind got here from developing the ability to use tools. That is one of the things we have learned about early humans. They learned how to use tools.

If you are curious on evolution and want to hear it explained more simpler, please watch this video.:
This video was what started my curiosity with science and biology. I watched it when I was in the third grade.

I typed this all at twelve and I have school in the morning, so please pardon any spelling errors, etc. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it is not my goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci