• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God/Evolution Debate (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Revving this because the other thread is over a 5 months old and I'd like to continue the conversation.
DO NOT CAUSE FLAME ON THIS THREAD

I'd like to share my own opinion on the topic as well.
I consider myself an atheist.

-Everything can be explained
-I don't think there is an afterlife, it's just not logical, if you want to know what it's like to be dead, think about if you remember anything before you were born.
-All of those "visions" don't exist, the brain can do some wild things, it's like people who are on drugs think they can feel objects that aren't actually there.
-There is no need for any higher power at all, again everything can be explained (fire it at me and I'll provide an explanation.
-The evidence for evolution is overwhelming, again fire it at me and I'll provide an explanation.

So what is everyone's opinions on this topic?

Param

Quantum
Reaction score
Revving this because the other thread is over a 5 months old and I'd like to continue the conversation.
DO NOT CAUSE FLAME ON THIS THREAD

I'd like to share my own opinion on the topic as well.
I consider myself an atheist.

-Everything can be explained
-I don't think there is an afterlife, it's just not logical, if you want to know what it's like to be dead, think about if you remember anything before you were born.
-All of those "visions" don't exist, the brain can do some wild things, it's like people who are on drugs think they can feel objects that aren't actually there.
-There is no need for any higher power at all, again everything can be explained (fire it at me and I'll provide an explanation.
-The evidence for evolution is overwhelming, again fire it at me and I'll provide an explanation.

So what is everyone's opinions on this topic?
I completely agree with you, I personally do not believe in god but on the other hand, I do believe in evolution. I have researched this topic for a few years now and its quite interesting what I've found. I've found studies about a church that could heal people so I thought maybe this could prove me wrong but I was wrong. This church had healed 3 out of over 200 thousand people which is an outrageous number. Take it into consideration that those 3 people didn't have some tremendous recovery but instead they were just minor recovery such as surviving cancer which could have also happened by doing nothing. Please do not flame, this is my personal opinion, sorry If this sounds unclear, I am on my phone. If you'd like to prove me wrong then feel free to reply back.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Please explain how Jesus made blind people see and people with deadly diseases healthy again before the medical advances of recent history.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Please explain how Jesus made blind people see and people with deadly diseases healthy again before the medical advances of recent history.
Please give me some proof of this, other than "oh some guy said this". The same logic could be applied to ancient myths and teachings

I completely agree with you, I personally do not believe in god but on the other hand, I do believe in evolution. I have researched this topic for a few years now and its quite interesting what I've found. I've found studies about a church that could heal people so I thought maybe this could prove me wrong but I was wrong. This church had healed 3 out of over 200 thousand people which is an outrageous number. Take it into consideration that those 3 people didn't have some tremendous recovery but instead they were just minor recovery such as surviving cancer which could have also happened by doing nothing. Please do not flame, this is my personal opinion, sorry If this sounds unclear, I am on my phone. If you'd like to prove me wrong then feel free to reply back.
Link. Random chance is a thing btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juggernaut

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm in-between. I've grown up in a very religious family, so I technically believe in a "god". But, on the other hand, I don't know if this is true, because there is no proof (that I've seen) of God existing. There might be the old stories of God curing diseases and such, but if it doesn't happen in documented history [Like, roughly 1600+], then I usually don't believe it.

EDIT: Apparently this makes me a 'agnostic'.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It was a documentary I watched, I don't remember what it was called but I'll try my best to find it.
There are documentaries on alien encounters. Provide me an actual source.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Explain the darkness during Jesus's death observed throughout Europe and Africa when science has proven that there was no solar eclipse during that time.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Explain the darkness during Jesus's death observed throughout Europe and Africa when science has proven that there was no solar eclipse during that time.
Once again, it's the same faulty logic you continue to use.
Jesus was likely a real person.
The observation of darkness is akin to ancient people writing about aliens. Just because someone says it doesn't make it true, did you know that like 10% of America believes in the Illuminati... xd

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
"Just because someone says it doesn't make it true, did you know that like 10% of America believes in the Illuminati... xd"

Thousands of people across Europe and Africa observed this phenomenon and many wrote it down, even those that didn't know of the works of Jesus.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
With faith.

"He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

So scientists proved without any doubt that 2,000+ years ago there wasn't a solar eclipse in Europe and Africa? Seems legit. Besides that, who's to say it was a solar eclipse. It could have simply been God.

My beliefs:

• God exists.
  • Jesus died on the cross for our sins, and his blood wraps around those who believe that he did what he did.
  • Jesus made miracles happen, including curing diseases and raising people from the dead.
  • Evolution is false, and there are many reasons other than Christianity to believe so.
  • The big bang is false. Where did the big "mass of rock" come from in the first place? Someone had to make it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci