• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Hub System?

Do you think we should have a hub system?

• Total voters
B

Buxtonaters

Hello there, I bet your wondering what is this thread going to be about well let me just start this.
Pssts im not too good at making threads...

Well I have been thinking and I think quite a few people have aswell but possibly have a hub system into mcsg I know a few will flame saying "OMG that will be like copying the hive" < that is true but why not... not like they weren't the first people to think of the hive.

How would you use it?

Well you would have the 3 gamemodes MCSG, ZedChase and Mctf2 (as mctf2 has separate staff I would think that may not be on there but I wouldn't be sure) or you would have mcsg creative, and mcsg survival. these would either have portals or rooms that have signs on them and connect to the server.

What about the system we use?

Well I suppose that people who don't like hubs could still connect to the servers by using the ip's for the servers?

I would like feedback and ideas/opinions on this but try not to start a flame war.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Us not having a hub makes us unique. Most other servers with multiple gametypes or just lots of servers use a hub, and we are different from those servers.
And we definitely could not have both. With the hub system, it's generally easier to join a server but it's more annoying. You can hold right click on a sign until it opens, but you can keep holding Join Server because then it will actually try and connect. Only people in the hub would be able to get in, and that's unfair.
Hubs may be easier to use for connecting to specific servers, but it's a lot harder to play with friends if you aren't a donor. It's pretty much impossible on the hive.

Turnip

District 13
Reaction score
I don't like this idea, sorry. As stated by HalfSquirrel it is nearly impossible to get into the hive without donor with their current hub system (Although this may be attributed to them only having 50 servers dedicated to SG). Currently, we have enough servers for non donors to be able to survive without being kicked a majority of the time. We have 3 magnificent websites for MCSG MCTF2 and MCZC that have server lists. In my opinion, the hub system is not needed.

Saucycmeister

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the way we have it now sorry.

But it could be an idea in the future. :)

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
No. It would be way too hard to get into the servers. Although it might bring more people to zed chase, the drawbacks are too big.

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
but then it would be like any other server, I prefer what we have now

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
Us not having a hub makes us unique. Most other servers with multiple gametypes or just lots of servers use a hub, and we are different from those servers.
And we definitely could not have both. With the hub system, it's generally easier to join a server but it's more annoying. You can hold right click on a sign until it opens, but you can keep holding Join Server because then it will actually try and connect. Only people in the hub would be able to get in, and that's unfair.
Hubs may be easier to use for connecting to specific servers, but it's a lot harder to play with friends if you aren't a donor. It's pretty much impossible on the hive.
This.

H0nehMooable

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't like this idea, sorry. As stated by HalfSquirrel it is nearly impossible to get into the hive without donor with their current hub system (Although this may be attributed to them only having 50 servers dedicated to SG). Currently, we have enough servers for non donors to be able to survive without being kicked a majority of the time. We have 3 magnificent websites for MCSG MCTF2 and MCZC that have server lists. In my opinion, the hub system is not needed.
They have 70 sg servers...

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As i said in a person discussion that was posted i believe no more than 1-2 weeks ago. NO, I strongly disagree that we need a hub. I personally do not like hubs. I see that there are ups and downs with hubs but in my opinion the disadvantages greatly out way the advantage of having a hub.

Br00k

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The thing I see as a problem is the regions it would start of with US (maybe EU) servers than think about people from AU are going to get mad because it is going to be hard for them to play because of lag then there going to want a server that's going to cost to much and most people from au only really want to play mcsg but if they do get au servers then AS are going to want servers then more and more regions until it costs to much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci