• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The MCGamer Carol Contest

Joey

Staffing Team Lead
Reaction score

MCGamer Holiday Carols
On the twelfth day of Christmas, what did Chad give to you?

The following days are those filled with joy, with Holidays seemingly every day, there is no better way to spend it with family and friends, by singing and laughing, and wearing those ugly sweaters that Grandma has made for you. The songs that you sing, however, could get stale and boring, right?

Have you ever thought about writing your own carol to sing either alone or with fellow friends or family members? That is exactly what I propose you do during the next couple of days.

I am proud to announce the MCGamer Carol Contest!

We need some official MCGamer carols, and you could be the one to write the next biggest hit! (You could be bigger than Rihanna and Taylor Swift).

I'm interested, but what do I do?

I ask that you create a carol pertaining to MCGamer in some way. You can create a completely original song or make a twist out of a classic.

Not only do I ask that you create a song (or verse of a song), but I also ask that you give your new hit single a clever name to go with it, such as "Mufasa the Red Nosed Kitten", or "Jingle Cannons".

There is no limit to your creativity in this contest, and we encourage you to be as creative as you possibly can.

The best carol will be win.

Why would I even want to participate in this?

You will have the satisfaction of having the single best carol that has ever been written.

Not only will you have satisfaction, but of course there will be prizes!
  • First Place will receive 36,125 credits to use on the MCGamer Network.
  • Second Place will receive 20,000 credits to use on the MCGamer Network.
  • Third Place will receive 10,000 credits to use on the MCGamer Network.
That sounds toasty! How do I enter?
  1. Write your own original carol or create an MCGamer themed parody of a classic that already exists! (Plagiarism will result in an instant disqualification).
    • Please keep the carols appropriate, and remember that the carol can be based off of any holiday that occurs during the Winter season.
  2. Once you have perfected it, submit it HERE.
    • You may post up to 2 carols. *Any carols posted after the limit has been reached will be ignored.*
The contest will end on January 4th, 2015.

Reaction score
I literally expect someone to copy paste the whole Let It Go song...
Also, great idea for a contest ^.^

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Yay!

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
yay i'm exited to see what people come up with :)

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
Despite my complete lack of musical talent, I'l give a carol a go. Best of luck to all those who will be entering!

GhostofXqer

Spectator
Reaction score
Wait I don't get it... Do we actually sing or just type lyrics? I know lots of good singers in mcsg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci