• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Misery Of MCSG

zorrodc

Career
Reaction score
Okay, so, recently, servers fill up Uber fast.
And so you somehow manage to get on, after an hour of trying.
And you don't get donor-kicked.
And the game starts
And it ISN'T a map you hate.
And you run to the center or whatever.
And you get away.
You don't get killed by some jack-a** with fists.
You escape....
And die.
All that.
For what?
Death by falling?
With the rate of how fast servers fill up, I don't think it is worth it.
Either make donor-ship permanent, or cheaper.
Until then, MCSG has lost it's fun for me.

Brettaka

Survivor
Reaction score
Either make donor-ship permanent, or cheaper.
Until then, MCSG has lost it's fun for me.
Do you have any idea how much it costs them to run upwards of 50 servers? A lot. Enough that they're more than likely just getting by with the current amount of donorship. You don't have to play, but, at the very least, don't complain when they try to keep the servers up for other people.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
$10 isn't that expensive. Like it was stated above me, we run roughly 70 servers. These servers aren't cheep, because we have to get protection, we have to upgrade them because of the huge player base. So making donor-ship permanent is a no (my opinion).
And if you buy, let's say Iron Donor today before its too late, you'll get an extra 10 days added to it. So instead of 30 days, you get 40 days! Now that's a good deal.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
In a few months, I've managed to get myself into the top 100 US. I've never once donated (yet) and I did that. You wanna know how I got into games? Well, it's hard to explain. Just know that unless you have a really bad internet connection, then there is a way to get in no sweat without being donator kicked almost ever. Just think for a bit of the best way to get in. (tip: looking to join a lobby is a bad idea. Put a server that's in deathmatch onto your server list and spam refresh until it's up and running back in lobby again - if done right, you should get in, and you won't have to worry about donators if you weren't the last to join. There are a few issues that could come up along the way, like the server list on here not working, or the server not coming back up, or even refreshing too fast and getting communication errors - trust me, after a little while you'll be able to tell what the problem is and act accordingly.)

I'm rarely donator kicked, I'm usually about the 10th person on the server, and I almost always get in unless I'm not paying attention. It takes me about 5 minutes at most to get in one, then I just have to wait the lobby time. It's really not that hard if you know how.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
$10 is the cheapest we can get our donorship to as remember, paypal takes a cut on that number as well + conversion fees if people pay with another currency.

As for the servers, I guess I have to say, "sorry for being popular"? idk how to really respond to this thread. Yes we do have some nasty bugs that we are still fixing (we are pushing another update tonight to fix that 1 block die glitch, hopefully). It seems G33ke has the right idea to help members who do not want to pitch in (not saying that is a bad thing our servers will remain free to play). Voting was a touchy subject, but we wanted to have more variety rather than the same maps, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again... If you do not like the choices, that is the reason why we have /skip.

zorrodc

Career
Reaction score
Thanks guys, you made me remember that these servers are actually really expensive... Sorry about that. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do, and I may donate sooner or later...
Cheers.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
$10 is the cheapest we can get our donorship to as remember, paypal takes a cut on that number as well + conversion fees if people pay with another currency.

As for the servers, I guess I have to say, "sorry for being popular"? idk how to really respond to this thread. Yes we do have some nasty bugs that we are still fixing (we are pushing another update tonight to fix that 1 block die glitch, hopefully). It seems G33ke has the right idea to help members who do not want to pitch in (not saying that is a bad thing our servers will remain free to play). Voting was a touchy subject, but we wanted to have more variety rather than the same maps, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again... If you do not like the choices, that is the reason why we have /skip.
Yes Chad! I totally agree with you. As for G33ke, I usually go to www.mcsg.in/servers/ and the server that is in dm, I put into Direct Connect and spam join. This usually works for me.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
zorrodc remember, you don't have to donate to play. Donate because you want to help, not based on me saying "you need to donate". If you got that impression, I phrased that wrongly. Right now because of SG4, we are little overloaded but the weekdays will die down a bit.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
SG4 is overated :/ To much fuss over a map not very good in my OPINION.

zorrodc

Career
Reaction score
Yeah, I realize I don't have to.
I just feel that you guys use a lot of money to do this and I may as well help out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci