• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The new (old) age MCSG

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
After the hit reg update which ruined everything, everyone was asking for a revert so the game was playable. Unsurprisingly we were met with the answer “no.” It has also been made clear that the devs have no intention of using a good third party anticheat because of “old code.” We have been stuck with a server which at times is simply not fun to play and there is currently no light at the end of the tunnel based on the way things have been recently.

Hopefully things end up working, but the server will slowly lose players due to lack of patience and will die again if drastic change is not seen. The issue regarding hitreg can’t be pushed away as a “beta” issue when pretty much any decent server has workable hitreg the moment the server opens.

Lively_

Spectator
Reaction score
Agreeing with a majority of the users above me.

I wrongly assumed that the return of MCGamer would be better than before. The immaturity expressed by the staff reflects greatly on the community itself, and keeping most of the same staff as before is doing absolutely nothing.

Same old, same old.

Any successful business owner would take their customers suggestions into consideration, yet there has been virtually no change in the progress of this “new” MCGamer.

Beautifully said by Jasmine:

Last edited by a moderator:

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Magdombal Jambergar

edit: this is an underrated post and I'm deeply offended by its lack of likes

Last edited:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Let’s be real guys, there are things that need to be worked out. We are experiencing some of the problems that wasted the potential of one of the largest and oldest pvp communities, but it would be naive to not recognize that things are not nearly as bad as they were. There are lots of positives here.

There are a lot of long-standing and well respected members active in the community and in staff positions. There doesn’t appear to be a hacking pandemic by any means. The reopening of MCSG kinda revived an area of Minecraft that was pretty much decimated 2-3 years ago.

So let’s focus on what will move us forward: remembering that we all are here cause we like the same game, and staying on the same page without ripping each other apart while trying to fix it. Of course for this to work we need a staff team that focuses relentlessly on the ingame experience with a sense of urgency. No more of this “oh yeah that sounds like a great idea” and then doing nothing about it cause as a former Sr. Staff member I saw that happen all too many times and fell victim to it myself far too much as well.

Macobeast

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Watch this video and take what you want from it. This was after Edog called out sr. staff for not being able to recognize hackers.

EDIT: Video removed due to sensitive information about a resolved incident.

Lively_

Spectator
Reaction score
Watch this video and take what you want from it. This was after Edog called out sr. staff for not being able to recognize hackers.

EDIT: Video removed due to sensitive information about a resolved incident.
Disgusting, lmao watch this get deleted.

Clearly a lack of communication skills, empathy, and respect on her part.

Given the whole conversation wasn’t posted, it’s still prominent she’s unable to cope with her frustrated feelings in a clear, concise way. Immaturity at its best, folks.

Lively_

Spectator
Reaction score
Let’s be real guys, there are things that need to be worked out. We are experiencing some of the problems that wasted the potential of one of the largest and oldest pvp communities, but it would be naive to not recognize that things are not nearly as bad as they were. There are lots of positives here.

There are a lot of long-standing and well respected members active in the community and in staff positions. There doesn’t appear to be a hacking pandemic by any means. The reopening of MCSG kinda revived an area of Minecraft that was pretty much decimated 2-3 years ago.

So let’s focus on what will move us forward: remembering that we all are here cause we like the same game, and staying on the same page without ripping each other apart while trying to fix it. Of course for this to work we need a staff team that focuses relentlessly on the ingame experience with a sense of urgency. No more of this “oh yeah that sounds like a great idea” and then doing nothing about it cause as a former Sr. Staff member I saw that happen all too many times and fell victim to it myself far too much as well.
I respect where you’re coming from, but none of this would’ve happened if the management actually took into consideration the concerns addressed long ago. It’s getting tiresome as a dedicated user to never be heard, and to see little to no changes as months pass by.

You state there are positives, but you only mention staff... which may be biased considering your reputation in the community.

This goes hand in hand with my previous reply, this server needs new eyes and fresh ideas/perspectives.

Philoseason

Tribute
Reaction score
Just because things aren't as bad as they were before (which tbh I disagree with, things are equally as bad as they were before) doesn't mean we shouldn't call out the negatives or bring to attention the stupid things that go on within the staff team and this server... No one is saying there aren't positives? I'm sorry but being all optimistic when it comes to MCGamer will not work, and has not worked in the past.

Who? I'm genuinely wondering who you think is left in the community as a staff member that is respected? I'd say theres about 2-3 that I think are respected and actually do their job decently well. No, there isn't a hacking pandemic by any means at all, however that doesn't mean there aren't other issues... there are issues that I can't even go into or address because I'd probably be banned by a staff member for bringing it too attention (fyi, it's similar to the Dave situation). Problems such as mods being here only for the power/rank, incompetent staff members in the rules council and mapping team are just a few problems within the staff team. When the staff team now is comprised mostly of ex-staff that were staff during a time when MCGamers staff team were literally the issue, the same problems arise again, and look - they have.

Once again this optimistic attitude bullcrap just doesn't work. Hoping that things will get better will not improve the situation. It didn't back in 2016. MCGamer needs brutally honest threads and comments from community members so they know what to do, and they actually make changes.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score

God I love you so much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci